Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Still a full waiver for 1Ks of $140 annual fee for MP Visa? (Merged) [Updated 2009]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Still a full waiver for 1Ks of $140 annual fee for MP Visa? (Merged) [Updated 2009]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2006, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K
Question Still a full waiver for 1Ks of $140 annual fee for MP Visa? (Merged) [Updated 2009]

Was surprised to see only a $60 credit on my last statement for my new Chase Platinum card. They've always waived the full $140 annual fee before. When I called I was told that as of Sept 1st they are only waiving $60 of the $140. bummer
Old Nov 15, 2006, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by stevescottcfi
Was surprised to see only a $60 credit on my last statement for my new Chase Platinum card. They've always waived the full $140 annual fee before. When I called I was told that as of Sept 1st they are only waiving $60 of the $140. bummer
Call back, you got a bad egg.
They will wave it
Old Nov 15, 2006, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
They waived the whole thing for me earlier this year.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
What is the preferred method for getting the fee waived? Do you call and just tell them you are a 1K and that the fee should be waived?
I have never seen this listed as a benefit so am not sure how to insist it is a policy.

What about the people with multiple cards...all waived?
Old Nov 15, 2006, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
Same here for my wife who is also a 1k, she just got her credit last week.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by grayland
What is the preferred method for getting the fee waived? Do you call and just tell them you are a 1K and that the fee should be waived?
I have never seen this listed as a benefit so am not sure how to insist it is a policy.

What about the people with multiple cards...all waived?
For me it was, but I needed to call back. Check when you call and make sure you get a real MP Chase person, when they are busy calls roll over to "bad eggs"
Old Nov 15, 2006, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL GM, 2MM; UA 1K, MM
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
I have had the same. It appears in full then is wiped away with a phone call.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
I specifically emailed them regarding this a few weeks ago:

Hello Mr. xxxxx,

Thank you for being a 1K member of our program.

Chase Visa waives the annual fee on the Mileage Plus credit cards for our 1K members.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Erica

----- Original Message -----
MP#xxxxx - Are 1K members still eligible for a fee waiver or reimbursement on the Chase Mileage Plus VISA card? I am considering applying for the Chase Mileage Plus Platinum credit card which has a $140 annual fee.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amartin1979
I specifically emailed them regarding this a few weeks ago:
I just made 2 more calls and talked to a supervisor and was told in no uncertain terms that all accounts opened after Sept 1st are only eligible for a $60 refund. The $140 fee will no longer be waived.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
hmm what about accounts opened before that date, for renewals. I have the plat class but only because I can for free, if I have to pay anything for it, its gone.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:29 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
I just made 2 more calls and talked to a supervisor and was told in no uncertain terms that all accounts opened after Sept 1st are only eligible for a $60 refund. The $140 fee will no longer be waived.
This is still wrong. Try calling MP.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stevenshev
This is still wrong. Try calling MP.
Called MP. If one has more than 1 Chase card they will only waive $60 of the $140 as of Sept 1st.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Called MP. If one has more than 1 Chase card they will only waive $60 of the $140 as of Sept 1st.
That's reasonable, assuming they waive the full fee for the first card. In fact, they really should go one step further and not waive anything on subsequent cards (i.e., one waiver per person).
Old Nov 16, 2006, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
That's reasonable, assuming they waive the full fee for the first card. In fact, they really should go one step further and not waive anything on subsequent cards (i.e., one waiver per person).
Agree. I'm surprised it is not that way already.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 4:19 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I found emailing them is faster. Just send a email to them requesting the fee waived since your a 1K. I added a copy of the top part of my mile summary. Got a email next day, no problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.