Wiki Posts
Search

Do Ritz Carlton Track Your Stays?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2006, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA,
Do Ritz Carlton Track Your Stays?

I have a question, does the Ritz Carlton track your stays considering they dont have a frequent guest program.

Obviously I can see how other hotels, SPG, Hyatt can track what kind of a customer you are through their frequent guest program but how would Ritz Carlton track what kind of a customer you are to them.

Recently I have been staying a lot at different Ritz Carltons around the country, Mexico, Canada and Puerto Rico, I wonder if they can track my stays for possible upgrades etc etc.

Any insight would be grateful.

K
Old Nov 16, 2006, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by kasop
I have a question, does the Ritz Carlton track your stays considering they dont have a frequent guest program.

Obviously I can see how other hotels, SPG, Hyatt can track what kind of a customer you are through their frequent guest program but how would Ritz Carlton track what kind of a customer you are to them.

Recently I have been staying a lot at different Ritz Carltons around the country, Mexico, Canada and Puerto Rico, I wonder if they can track my stays for possible upgrades etc etc.

Any insight would be grateful.

K
I have stayed at a fair share of Ritz-Carltons and have never felt that they tracked my stays or have given me recognition beyond "oh its great you have stayed at our property in X". On the other hand for the individual Ritz-Carlton, they usually have on record your stays. For example, at the RC Central Park, they had on record my stays and acknowledged me as a returning guest.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 4:00 pm

Programs: Skyhigh Airlines Platinum for Life
At least in Berlin that's not the case. But the RC Berlin sucks in general.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
As noted above...they seem to track them by property.

At some RCs that I frequent they go the extra mile. Such as:

1.) Upgrades. Often to Club Level.

2.) Getting me rooms when they are sold out (this is a huge perk for me as I do a fair share of last minute travel..PLUS they usually give me my corporate rate!)

3.) Always a large fruit or desert display (sometimes daily)

4.) very late checkouts

5.) Mongrammed pillow cases. A nice touch...

P.S. An RC Berlin Club Suite is better than 95% of the hotels I have stayed in in Europe (and Ive stayed in some good ones!).
Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP | UA Million Miler Gold (former decade-long 1K) | SPG Plat | Hyatt Plat | Avis Chairman
RC does indeed track stays through it's guest recognition system. Even more noteworthy, guests are assigned a VIP level... which instantly tells an associate looking at your record what your status is with the company. Frequent guests earn a higher VIP status. The system works off of your address. It's the same way when you make a reservation as a repeat guest that they have your information on file. So, try to keep your stays in one record to maximize your status. Using your business address one stay, home address the next, etc., is going to dilute your status unless you ask to have your multiple records combined.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 2:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UAfan
RC does indeed track stays through it's guest recognition system. Even more noteworthy, guests are assigned a VIP level... which instantly tells an associate looking at your record what your status is with the company. Frequent guests earn a higher VIP status. The system works off of your address. It's the same way when you make a reservation as a repeat guest that they have your information on file. So, try to keep your stays in one record to maximize your status. Using your business address one stay, home address the next, etc., is going to dilute your status unless you ask to have your multiple records combined.
The system is apparently not very efficient at maintaining a single record; at one point a couple of years ago, I had something like 8 records at a single address under my name. My name is not a common one, so I have no idea why that would have happened, but I would suggest that it would be unwise to concentrate stays at RC solely for the purpose of attaining higher status in their program, because there's no guarantee with their system that they'll track them properly.

In other words, and I think this is their intention, stay at their hotels because you like them, not because you'll get benefits from their loyalty program.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA,
I book Ritz Carlton through Amex Platinum, If I view my reservations on Ritz Carlton.com using my hotel confirmation number I notice that my address is not even listed, just the travel agents address in AZ, I live in Fl, so I guess they are definitely not tracking my stays at their various properties.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 8:24 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
I think they track you using your date and place of birth and country of citizenship based on passport information you give them at check-in.

One time I remember watching them pull up my record at the RC in Singapore, and the computer screen showed my age.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by daniellam
I think they track you using your date and place of birth and country of citizenship based on passport information you give them at check-in.

One time I remember watching them pull up my record at the RC in Singapore, and the computer screen showed my age.
Except that in the US they don't ask for any of that information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.