Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Flying on Thanksgiving? Enjoy The Football Games and a Free Beer!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond

***FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

JetBlue Corporate Communications [email protected] (718) 709-3089

JetBlue Reservatio (800) JET-BLUE (538-2583) http://www.jetblue.com/?source=pr

JetBlue Hosts Thanksgiving Football Party

JetBlue offers all the comforts of home,
and we’ll even bring the beer

All-leather seats; your own TV;
FOX and CBS coverage of the games;
unlimited snacks; and a free beer

NEW YORK (November 21, 2006) – In addition to serving a heaping helping of low-fares, JetBlue Airways Corporation (Nasdaq: JBLU) today announced that customers traveling on Thanksgiving will be offered a complimentary beer or beverage of their choice (a) to accompany their comfy, all-leather recliner and personal seat-back television (equipped with its own remote control). Beer completes the American holiday tradition for most flying football fans as they savor the best dish of the day: 36 channels of live DIRECTV® programming (served up by our satellite dish on every plane), including CBS coverage of the Miami Dolphins at Detroit Lions game at 12:30 p.m. ET and the 3:30 p.m. ET Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Dallas Cowboys game on FOX.

“JetBlue customers can enjoy the comfort of home in the skies this Thanksgiving with a front-row seat to the game and a free beer,” said Eric Brinker, JetBlue’s Director of Brand Management and Customer Experience. “Our customers deserve the best, whether it's a second helping of snacks, a cornucopia of inflight entertainment choices or friendly, award-winning service. It’s our way of saying ‘Thank You’ and providing the best possible flying experience every day of the year."

JetBlue’s snack lineup features Terra Blues® Potato Chips, the official snack of JetBlue, made from naturally blue potatoes. In lieu of traditional rolling carts, JetBlue’s snacks and beverages are hand-delivered by friendly inflight crewmembers to allow Customers the freedom to move about the cabin. As an added bonus, the snacks are free and unlimited, and requests for seconds or thirds are always encouraged.

JetBlue’s full line-up of complimentary trans-fat free snacks* includes:

All Nuts™ Jumbo Cashew Halves

Doritos® Munchies Mix

Immaculate Baking Co.’s ChocoBillys™ Chocolate Chunk

Mamma Says® Pistachio or Gingerbread Biscotti

Mrs. GoodCookie® Jungle Crackers

Nabisco® 100 Calorie Pack Wheat Thins® Minis (long-haul flights only)

Terra Blues® Potato Chips

*Snack selections may vary, while supplies last.

In the six years since its launch, JetBlue Airways has focused on creating a new airline category -- an airline that offers value, service and style. Based out of New York City, the low-cost carrier currently serves 47 destinations with up to 470 flights daily. Onboard JetBlue, customers enjoy roomy leather seats and 36 channels of free DIRECTV® programming (b), the most live TV available on any airline. On flights longer than two hours, a selection of first-run movies and bonus features from FOX InFlight™ is also available. JetBlue offers customers generous brand name snacks and beverages, including freshly brewed Dunkin' Donuts® coffee, and delicious wines selected by the airline's Low Fare Sommelier, Josh Wesson from Best Cellars®. On overnight flights from the West, the airline now offers Shut-Eye Service™, with a comfort kit designed exclusively for JetBlue by Bliss Spa and other special amenities including a "good morning" hot towel service. With JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all travel is ticketless, all fares are one-way, and an overnight stay is never required. For information or reservations call 1-800-JETBLUE (1-800-538-2583) or visit www.jetblue.com/?source=pr.

# # #

(a) Offer available only to customers who show positive government-issued photo identification with proof of age 21 years or older. Limit, one free drink per customer, while supplies last. Offer not available to JetBlue Crewmembers or other airline employees traveling on JetBlue. Please drink responsibly.

(b) DIRECTV® service is not available on flights outside the continental United States; however, where applicable FOX InFlight™ is offered complimentary on these routes. FOX InFlight™ is a trademark of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. JetBlue's in-flight entertainment is powered by LiveTV, a wholly owned subsidiary of JetBlue.

This press release contains statements of a forward-looking nature which represent our management's beliefs and assumptions concerning future events. Forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions, and are based on information currently available to us. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed in the forward looking statements due to many factors, including, without limitation, our extremely competitive industry; increases in fuel prices, maintenance costs and interest rates; our ability to implement our growth strategy, including the integration of the EMBRAER 190 aircraft into our operations; our significant fixed obligations; our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel and maintain our culture as we grow; our reliance on high daily aircraft utilization; our dependence on the New York metropolitan market; our reliance on automated systems and technology; our being subject to potential unionization; our reliance on a limited number of suppliers; changes in or additional government regulation; changes in our industry due to other airlines' financial condition; and external geopolitical events and conditions. Further information concerning these and other factors is contained in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including but not limited to, the Company's 2005 Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release.

Alison Eshelman
Manager Corporate Communications
JetBlue Airways
[email protected]
Media Hotline (24/7): 718 709-3089
Desk: (718) 709-2323
Fax: 718-709-3621

To fly: Call 1-800-JETBLUE or log on to jetblue.com
Old Nov 21, 2006, 9:42 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Gotta love free beer. Only Jetblue would do this. What other carrier would offer free alcohol on domestic flights. It's too bad I don't have to travel for thanksgiving.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
DL in first
Old Nov 22, 2006, 7:14 am

Programs: V-Flyer Black
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
DL in first
Ahhhhh NO. Delta offers snack service and free booze in uncomfortable blue seats served by an unfriendly bat. And to boot, not many people pay for First on Delta as is is simply 'Elite' people with upgrades.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 7:16 am

That's true...most airlines in first do serve free alcohol on flights. However, comparing coach services, you just don't see it. Besides, you're paying how much extra for free alcohol? I could buy a whole truck load for the fare difference between B6's average fare and DL's BF.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Seat13c
Gotta love free beer. Only Jetblue would do this. What other carrier would offer free alcohol on domestic flights. It's too bad I don't have to travel for thanksgiving.
horizon
Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:09 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by Seat13c
That's true...most airlines in first do serve free alcohol on flights. However, comparing coach services, you just don't see it. Besides, you're paying how much extra for free alcohol? I could buy a whole truck load for the fare difference between B6's average fare and DL's BF.
But I'm not. I'm flying to SF for thanksgiving on DL at a price that is less than 50% what B6 would have charged me. Plus I have been upgraded to first on the outbound and will hopefully also get upgraded on the return. Free booze. Free breakfast. Free snacks. Don't get me wrong, I'm a loyal B6 flyer too. But this time, DL was just so much cheaper.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by moondog
horizon
Well, I learned something new today. I did not know Horizon did serve alcohol for free in coach. I've actually never flown them before (mostly because I live in New Jersey and they fly out west).

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
But I'm not. I'm flying to SF for thanksgiving on DL at a price that is less than 50% what B6 would have charged me. Plus I have been upgraded to first on the outbound and will hopefully also get upgraded on the return. Free booze. Free breakfast. Free snacks. Don't get me wrong, I'm a loyal B6 flyer too. But this time, DL was just so much cheaper.
I think would both agree that generally B6 is a better airline on a class vs class match up. I've done the same thing myself in going with someone else for the cheaper fare. But B6 will always be my preference.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
[QUOTE=Seat13c]Well, I learned something new today. I did not know Horizon did serve alcohol for free in coach. I've actually never flown them before (mostly because I live in New Jersey and they fly out west).QUOTE]

They also serve beer from local microbrewery's in the area! I always liked the way Horizon ran their business, a real class act out there on the west coast Horizon is!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.