Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

LEAVES OCT 14 2009: Sheraton Cincinnati /North Kentucky Airport [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEAVES OCT 14 2009: Sheraton Cincinnati /North Kentucky Airport [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2006, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Arrow LEAVES OCT 14 2009: Sheraton Cincinnati /North Kentucky Airport [Master thread]

Former Radisson. Now rebranded. SPG Category 3.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...D=1797&back=-1

This is another hotel owned by Columbia Sussex (of Westin St Maarten fame, among others). Any chance we can get them to get their Tahoe resort Montbleu to go for the W Hotels brand?
Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
I talked to an agent from DL in CVG and she said the hotel is beautiful. Since they are still under renovations there are very limited rooms available.
I guess the tower is still being renovated. Anyone know when it shoud be done?
Old Oct 16, 2006, 5:27 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

The renovation is a complete gut job from the prior Radisson.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 9:42 am

Programs: DL Plat/1M, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, HH Gold
Sheraton Cincinnati /North Kentucky Airport [Master thread]

I stayed here for the first time last week and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel provided me with a nice room in their SPG wing, it was on the 2nd floor but spacious (don't know the sq ft) and had a plasma TV on the wall.

The bathroom was also larger than typical rooms and had a glass walled shower (no tub).

My rate was $159 and I felt this was a great property at that price. I am in Cinci several times/year and typically stay downtown at the Westin, but I have always felt that property was overpriced (often $250-$300/nite) and not very nice (even though the rooms were just renovated in 2005/06, it is still an old property). Moreover, in my opinion Cincinnati is not a particularly nice downtown area so I don't see much benefit to the in-city location.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA 1KUGS, AA Plat., SPG Plat., Hertz Five*
Thumbs up Report: Sheraton Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky Airport

Background:
Today, I decided to relocate from the Hampton Inn in Batesville, IN closer to the airport. To my surprise SPG has acquired the old airport hotel (Radisson?)at CVG and rennovated it.

Exterior:
The exterior is very nice and chic for the area. It has received a very appealing facelift IMHO. The hotel is literally located at the terminal, yet plenty of free parking. Beware, construction is on going.

Lobby:
The lobby is extremely nice and large. Marble floor and the new Sheraton color scheme. Wood panel pillars throughout. The lobby wraps around continuing to several conference rooms and provides unique small sitting areas. Off the main floor lobby is the pool and fitness center.

Room:
The room was on par with New York City Sheratons. Even better rennovations in the room. Upon check-in I received a upgrade to the club level room. I received a spacious jr. suite. It easily fit a 72" couch, desk, king sweet sleeper bed, and arm chair. The biggest surprise was the flat panel mounted to the wall.

Club Lounge:
The lounge was large with plenty of space. Its accessible via key and did not require check-in. There was a hostess on duty. Very polite service. Drinks are self serve and warm food is provided in the evening (all I can speak to at the moment). Alcohol is not free.

Fitness Center & Pool:
The pool was a longish narrow lap pool enclosed in glass. In addition, there was a hot tube and a couple lounge chairs. The fitness center was small, but had all new Lifefitness equipment. No weight machines or barbells. Light dumbells were racked. A single mat, powerball, and two benches were available. The downside was lack of mirrors and harsh lights.

Service:
By far the most friendly service I have received from SPG property in some time. Nothing seemed forced. The room service was very fast and delivered in 20 minutes. Off to test the food.

This stay was a real winner for SPG.^
Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Thought I'd echo your comments here.

If you're in the Cincinnati area and don't have a need to be downtown (who wants to be in downtown Cincinnati anyway???) This is a great hotel. I think I must be in the same room the OP described.

The staff is great and the hotel is spotless. Platinum recognition at checkin and free club room - with free sodas.

The hotel also has indoor heated swimming pool and hot tub which is always empty and a brand new workout room with decent equipment.

Highly recommend this hotel if you're in Cincy!
Old Oct 20, 2007, 7:38 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ashi_seattle
I stayed here for the first time last week and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel provided me with a nice room in their SPG wing, it was on the 2nd floor but spacious (don't know the sq ft) and had a plasma TV on the wall.

The bathroom was also larger than typical rooms and had a glass walled shower (no tub).

My rate was $159 and I felt this was a great property at that price. I am in Cinci several times/year and typically stay downtown at the Westin, but I have always felt that property was overpriced (often $250-$300/nite) and not very nice (even though the rooms were just renovated in 2005/06, it is still an old property). Moreover, in my opinion Cincinnati is not a particularly nice downtown area so I don't see much benefit to the in-city location.
I'll third the comments above.

Hotel is very easy to walk to from the airport, from the baggage claim area for UA and AA, walk directly towards the back of the parking garage, hotel will be to your left. Very nice not to have to wait for a shuttle.

Loved the big shower area w/glass door and the bed was one of the best I've slept in. Nice blackout curtains and low noise windows.

Only real negative I experienced was that the nice big plasma is fixed mounted to the wall, when I was sitting on the couch the tv is at an angle and when sitting in the leather lounge chair with a hassic, I couldn't see the tv at all. TV should have been mounted on a swivel to allow the tv to be moved.

Rate was $109 for Fri night stay.

--
Old Jul 15, 2008, 2:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
I stayed there last Friday night on a $109 weekend rate. I was in Room 206, which sounds identical to the room that Sweet Willie had. I agree with everything Sweet Willie wrote, but I will add a few things:
  • The hotel is not close to anything (except the airport, of course). However, parking is free.
  • The wireless internet was very unreliable during my stay. I switched to the wired internet after a few lost connections.
  • There is a coffee-maker in the room, but when I started to make my morning coffee on Saturday, I discovered the used pod from a previous guest. I called downstairs and was told that housekeeping would send a new coffee-maker up to my room. I went downstairs and paid $2 for a cup of coffee from the restaurant instead.
Even with a couple of hiccups, I would stay there again.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Well I haven't stayed in this property but I would certainly second the advice not to bother going downtown and staying in the Westin Cincinnati.

I got stuck overnight at CVG because of a DL mechanical delay. DL offered me a free overnight stay at the Radisson, which I declined so that I could book a Starwood property and claim it on my travel insurance instead (that's brand loyalty...are you listening, Starwood?). Never having been to Cincinnati I had no idea the downtown was so unremarkable, and it was a Saturday night in a new city, so I overlooked this airport Sheraton for $129 and booked the Westin Cincinnati for $163 instead.

Big mistake: the Westin Cincinnati has no club lounge, no platinum welcome gift, no breakfast, no complimentary newspaper, no concierge and on this particular night no room upgrade for me either (apart from the usual fake SPG upgrade to the SPG floor). I would recommend anyone in a similar situation to book the airport hotel and get a cab downtown if necessary. It does have a pool, apparently.

The only thing the Westin Cincinnati did right was when the front desk clerk helped me find a bar where I could drown my sorrows about having chosen this unimpressive and overpriced hotel (I went to Sully's, drank cheap beer and witnessed a "best stretchmark contest" among women standing on the bar...)
Old Sep 23, 2009, 8:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
CVG Airport Sheraton leaving starwood?

From the hotel's website:

"Leaving Starwood on October 14, 2009.

The Sheraton Cincinnati Airport Hotel will be leaving the Starwood system on October 14, 2009. Reservations for dates on or after October 14, 2009, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual."

This is a great property very recently renovated, extensively! Doesn't make sense as it is essentially brand new from the renovations and it is the only on airport hotel.

Does anyone know what it will become?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:24 am

It's becoming a Doubletree.

Twelve hotels to go until Starwood is totally Columbia Sussex–free!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
As DL continues to gut its CVG hub, it probably makes less and less sense to keep a hotel there. When your client base is coming from the airport and the number of passengers steadily declines and the market is not that great to begin with...can't be a good combination for meeting revenue goals.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Originally Posted by Moriens

Twelve hotels to go until Starwood is totally Columbia Sussex–free!
Bummer...KY is getting mighty thin on *wood properties.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:11 pm

Agree with DL Platinum

Originally Posted by DL Platinum
From the hotel's website:

"Leaving Starwood on October 14, 2009.

The Sheraton Cincinnati Airport Hotel will be leaving the Starwood system on October 14, 2009. Reservations for dates on or after October 14, 2009, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual."

This is a great property very recently renovated, extensively! Doesn't make sense as it is essentially brand new from the renovations and it is the only on airport hotel.

Does anyone know what it will become?
This was an outstanding Sheraton after the renovation. I always had reasonable fares and club room access. The club room was huge and the ladies were always extremely nice. I'll miss this property . The Westin Cincy is very overpriced in terms of value, IMO but it appears that there are fewer and fewer Starwood options in this area.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 2:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Moriens
A double tree, GREAT! As a hilton Diamond member, I like that. I wonder if they will keep the "club". I am not aware of a 2tree with an executive lounge.

As a former *wood platinum, I am no longer a fan, mostly becuase of the LACK of *wood properties

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.