Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

20-30,000 points have disappeared !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2006, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);

Has anyone else noticed anything like this ?

I was fairly sure a couple of months ago that 5,000 points had disappeared but I put it down to my mistake. Now though over 21,000 points have disappeared ... and that was easier to spot.

I will ring the diamond desk later to see what they've got to say for themselves.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Thus the benefits of tracking miles/points with a program like MileTracker. Shows you automatically when there are negatives/positives to the account.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
And the Diamond Desk said .... "you're lying, go away and stop bothering us!!"

... well, not using those exact words, but they said that everything looked OK to them, and that "If I want" I can send an email.

If I want ... yes I want, I spent good money earning those points !!

Starting to get annoyed now
Old Dec 4, 2006, 5:45 am
Community Director Emerita

It happened to me a month or so ago. Diamond Desk said I was given points erroneously for an award stay in April. Needless to say, they didn´t have the courtesy to advise me when the points were removed as to why. I had to send a note. I had been oblivious to the extra points at the time it occurred. It appears they were completely within their rights to take them back, but it would have been nice to have received an explanatory note.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:34 am
Suspended

Hmmmmm so HH is trying to close the "non-incidental points on Award stays" loophole.
Often wondered how long that would take especially since its extensively talked about here on Ftalk.

I for one can recall getting such as far back as 2000????

mike
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Hmmmmm so HH is trying to close the "non-incidental points on Award stays" loophole.
Often wondered how long that would take especially since its extensively talked about here on Ftalk.

I for one can recall getting such as far back as 2000????
I get these too. A friend who I mentioned it to commented that Hilton pays me to stay there.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:45 am

Hmmmmm so HH is trying to close the "non-incidental points on Award stays" loophole
Ouch!!!!
Old Dec 4, 2006, 8:12 am

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Question

so did points just disappear, or does your on-line statement ("all activity" show an entry for a negative number of points, with or without some sort of meaningful description for the transaction) ????
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:26 am
Community Director Emerita

My points simply vanished. I looked at the past year, and couldn.t figure out what had happened. Once the Diamond Desk explained what had been deleted, I looked at my account again. There was absolutely no sign that points had once been awarded which were now deleted.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

I don't think that this has anything to do with Hilton reclaiming points erroneously given from an award stay. Coincidentally though my last award stay was a year ago at the Waldorf=Astoria, but I remember that I didn't get anything for that stay (I was a bit miffed at the time as other people were telling how they were getting points for award stays, I thought I might get quite a few for a 4 night stay at the Waldorf ... but none )

Originally Posted by Travel The World
I spent 160k points for 4 nights at the Waldorf=Astoria and got nothing.
The first time I think that I hadn't "earned" points for a reward stay.

It might have something to do with me not spending any money at the hotel?
Previous to this was a 7 day stay in Sorrento in July 2005, and before that a 6 day stay at Cyprus Nicossia Park in May 2005, before that 3 nights at the Drake in December 2004. As my quote above suggests I probably "earned" points at these stays. But they were more than 12 months ago, so I've no way of checking how many points I got.

If it was due to these stays, or even earlier ones, then how far back do they go ?

No reply yet to the email

Last edited by Travel The World; Dec 4, 2006 at 2:38 pm Reason: Added previous post re: W=A stay
Old Dec 4, 2006, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Is the missing amount exactly 20k ie would match the amount of say a 20K reward stay?

Heres something really odd that occurred to me and I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop.
a)Sometime ago I made two 30k reward reservations for two different one night stays at two Cat 4 properties. They faxed both confirmations but only one of the certs.
b) Sometime later I realised I was missing one cert and I called the DD to be told that " somehow one of the certs must have been caught up in the system" and a new one was faxed.
c) I have subsequently made the two stays, but my account as far as I can tell, has not had the points for one award deducted.
My reward redemption section on hilton.com does show the points deducted on the day of my second request, but unless I missed something its not reflected in my points total.

I have (not too enthusiastically ) waiting for HH to adjust my account but its been three months so far.

mike

Last edited by MIKESILV; Dec 4, 2006 at 10:09 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 4, 2006, 9:47 pm

Hilton Honors has been auditing accounts with a new computer system/program and removing promotion codes and the associated points & benefits that came with those promotions if you were not supposed to be targeted for the promotions.

This is my guess what happened. I had a fast track to gold promo on my account and then one stay before I would have hit it the hard way the gold was taken away. I was told I wasn't eligible for the offer I signed up for. It seems the agent entered the wrong promo but it didn't matter since I was given back gold the next day or so after my stay posted.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 5:49 am

Hilton Honors has been auditing accounts with a new computer system/program and removing promotion codes and the associated points & benefits that came with those promotions if you were not supposed to be targeted for the promotions.
They better not be. How's a computer know if the diamond desk decided to give me double points because I complained that I didn't get targeted?
That's about the only type of scenario that you can get non-targeted points.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by myfrogger
I am not really buying this either. With Hilton you just cannot register for a promotion that you are not targeted for. You have to go through the Diamond desk or whatever who can ad the promotion to your account.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:20 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond; SPG: Gold; UA Platinum; BA Silver; EK Silver
Points disappear after hitting the 100,000 limit

I've had some points disappear from my account over the recent past as well, but for another reason. I've stayed for the past year at the Hilton Cairo WTC Service Apartments. Rather than wait until the end of my stay to get my points, I asked the GM to check me out and re-check me in, so that I could get points credited to my account. He did so twice, and points posted to my account in February and May.

After I checked out in October, and while I waited for the final batch of points to post, I suddenly noticed that not only did the final points not post, but some points had been deducted from my account. After further investigating it with the new GM, he emailed and said that the entire stay was going to count as one stay, and Hilton HH rules state that I cannot earn more than 100,000 base points for one stay. Those points above 100,000 that were posted in May have now been removed. Had I known of this rule, I would have physically moved out for a day or two, so that I could have separate stays that wouldn't hit the 100,000 limit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.