Wiki Posts
Search

Double points on KLM Ireland

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2002, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Double points on KLM Ireland

KLM Ireland announced a promo this morning - because the Irish Football team went to Japan on KLM, all flights using KL tix exDUB, ORK and SNN to a European destination via AMS will earn double points until the end of July.

There is also a new fare structure ex Ireland, so AMS is now a viable alternative to London for transfers and connections.
Old May 28, 2002, 5:26 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
As Ireland is one of my favourite destinations I hope this will also be true for flights TO the island...
Old May 28, 2002, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoldCircle:
KLM Ireland announced a promo this morning - because the Irish Football team went to Japan on KLM, all flights using KL tix exDUB, ORK and SNN to a European destination via AMS will earn double points until the end of July.</font>
I admire the logic here. The team flew to Japan, so now you get double points on flights to Europe, but not to Japan?

johan

Old May 28, 2002, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you tell us more? When will the new fares be loaded in CRSs? (There does not seem to be anything on travelocity as of yet)?
"KLM Ireland" seems to be a highly elusive entity. As far as pax are concerned and as far as I can see, KL are handled by EI. Not even a KLM Ireland website (is this the only European country which does not have a KL site?)
At present, I cannot see any through fares from either SNN or ORK either. Is KL going to codeshare with EI on these destinations? Should we expect a new AMS-SNN service?
And are we ever going to see "action fares" ex Ireland, as are available from every other European country?
Old May 28, 2002, 6:05 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold

Hi GoldCircle,

There's a KLM Ireland? :-)

Did you get the info by paper-mail or by e-mail?

-- Dambus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.