Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA.com Booking bonus changed again - 500 miles for F/J and 250 for coach

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Sorry, search didn't pull up any results.

Just logged into my AA account & noticed they're once again cutting the aa.com booking bonus by half.

T&C:
* Effective December 15, 2006, AAdvantage® members can earn up to 500 AAdvantage bonus miles per eligible ticket booked and purchased on AA.com: 125 AAdvantage bonus miles per flight for travel in Economy class and/or 250 AAdvantage bonus miles per flight for travel in First or Business class. A maximum of two bonuses may be earned per passenger per itinerary. The total number of AAdvantage bonus miles earned is based upon the fare purchased and class of service for each of the first two flights of the itinerary. All flights operated by American Eagle® carriers and AmericanConnection® carriers offer only Economy class tickets. All travel booked and purchased on AA.com prior to December 15, 2006 will continue to earn 500 bonus miles for round-trip Economy class travel and/or 1,000 miles for round-trip First or Business class travel.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:23 am

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
...? slashed in half again? Maybe this benefits the MRs with 4 segments per ticket. Instead of 250 miles, you'll get 125x4.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:28 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by badjuju
...? slashed in half again? Maybe this benefits the MRs with 4 segments per ticket. Instead of 250 miles, you'll get 125x4.
Nope. Only two per pax per itin. So still only 250 for econ.

But, are we really surprised? Why should they give us a bonus for doing something more convenient for us anyway? Eventually, I see it going away. It's the move I would make if I were AA.

WN used to give bonus credit for online booking. Then they stopped. It's the way things should be, in both cases.

Cheers.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by brp
But, are we really surprised? Why should they give us a bonus for doing something more convenient for us anyway? Eventually, I see it going away. It's the move I would make if I were AA.
I agree. In fact, I'm surprised that they haven't gotten rid of it altogether already, as the phone booking fee is enough of an incentive to book online as it is.

Mike
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:49 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
I'm surprised the FT'ers haven't jumped all over this. There sure was a lot of talk when it went from 1,000 to 500.

Looks like I had better book my ORD bonus mile travel before the 15th!!
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:54 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why would people jump on it? Most people probably realize that it's perfectly reasonable. And, even for those who don't, whining about a coupla miles won't make any difference anyway.

Cheers.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:55 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by brp
But, are we really surprised? Why should they give us a bonus for doing something more convenient for us anyway?
It would only be more convenient if the aa.com booking interface/engine didn't suck. It still does.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:12 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Pretty soon they will probably charge a $5 online booking fee to cover the cost of their website.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
This doesn't phase me at all, 80% of my tickets are booked via AX travel for work. The rest are booked via sending the VDB's to Fla where I usually don't get the booking bonus anyway and then the final few are on AA.com but to give a rats backside about 500 miles, I could care less. I didn't even care when it was a 1000 mile booking bonus. They can make it zero and it won't change my booking habits, this is just one of those I don't cares in the least bit things.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by brp
And, even for those who don't, whining about a coupla miles won't make any difference anyway.
[whine]Wah. Wah. I want my 500 mile bonus back! I can't afford to lose any miles! Wah. [/whine]

<thinking>

You're right. No difference.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:41 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by brp
Why would people jump on it? Most people probably realize that it's perfectly reasonable. And, even for those who don't, whining about a coupla miles won't make any difference anyway.

Cheers.
Because they did last time it was cut in half. Maybe they just don't care anymore.

Maybe that was AA's plan all along.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:42 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
This doesn't phase me at all, 80% of my tickets are booked via AX travel for work. The rest are booked via sending the VDB's to Fla where I usually don't get the booking bonus anyway and then the final few are on AA.com but to give a rats backside about 500 miles, I could care less. I didn't even care when it was a 1000 mile booking bonus. They can make it zero and it won't change my booking habits, this is just one of those I don't cares in the least bit things.
^ ^ ^ This is exactly how I do most of my booking as well. As much as I travel with AA, I seldom actually book a ticket on AA.com: maybe less than 10% / year. The rest is via AX.
\
Who cares??
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:42 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spiff
It would only be more convenient if the aa.com booking interface/engine didn't suck. It still does.
Hmmm...I've found it to be quite adequate. It pretty much does everything I need it to do (find good fares, do it by schedule or fare)...then again, I dont usually book anything terrible complicated.

Cheers.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by EdV
Who cares??
People who do make their bookings on aa.com?
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:59 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alamedaguy
People who do make their bookings on aa.com?
Naw. I make 'em there, and I couldn't care less. I don't even notice the bonuses when they come.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.