Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites: Please Report Them Here

Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites: Please Report Them Here

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some

Posts older than 2016 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum co-moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 23, 2017 at 11:23 am
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I presume others are not seeing a elite status bar? Site says it's a work in progress.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan
I presume others are not seeing a elite status bar? Site says it's a work in progress.
Yep.
Seem to take along time to reset.
I guess they have to do it manually on every account.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Same every year

Other programs I am a member of are up and running on 1 Jan
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sbams
Same every year

Other programs I am a member of are up and running on 1 Jan
HH IT is really terrible
They are not in a position to fix it, it's incredible.
Stays at other programs are posted within 48 hours, here it takes up to two weeks. Same for any sort on updates in the reservation.

Hilton, if you want to reach the Top again, IT is part of it !!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Been trying to search hotels at the hilton.com website last 24 hours and times out on firefox, chrome and IE. Did a windows update just before this issue. Could that be the problem?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Stays/nights/points not being added to YTD counter.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Middle of the day on Sunday, and I can't login or make a booking.

Of course, it's just the usual Saturday night maintenance - except that it's not Saturday night in Asia...

I just don't get how a global brand and continue to have a planned multi-hour outage every week.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Ohh Hilton, why do you make it so hard to make a booking?

Search for a hotel in Osaka on points from Friday to Monday. Search each night individually and it gives a rate of 50,000 points. Search all 3 nights together and I get 78,339 points.

OK, so there's not a single room type available for the 3 nights - I get that.

Except that when I click on the link to book the 3 nights, both King and Twin rooms are available, and the price drops to 50,000 points!

Last edited by docbert; Apr 19, 2016 at 9:05 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:29 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Ohh Hilton, why do you make it so hard to make a booking?

Search for a hotel in Osaka on points from Friday to Monday. Search each night individually and it gives a rate of 50,000 points. Search all 3 nights together and I get 78,339 points.

OK, so there's not a single room time available for the 3 nights - I get that.

Except that when I click on the link to book the 3 nights, both King and Twin rooms are available, and the price drops to 50,000 points!
I hope you are not looking at the same dates which I am waiting to free up
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Hilton just discontinued the Windows tablet app. I had been using it with my Microsoft Surface and found it useful.

Apparently not enough people using the Surface (or other Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 products).
Old Apr 19, 2016, 2:54 pm

Well This Stinks...

You bet it does.

I tried to make a reservation earlier but I received an error message 'well this stinks' when I tried to complete my purchase. The web page asked me to try to make my reservation later or call and book. I tried again. I get the same error message. I give up.

A few minutes later I get two email confirmations, both with different confirmation numbers. I now have two reservations.

I get on the phone. I call the Diamond number. I'm given another number to call because the reservations are advance purchases and they can't cancel the duplicate reservation. I call that number. They can't sort it but call the hotel direct. The hotel can't cancel one of the reservations because there's nobody there that can do that. The guy that I'm dealing with then says he'll email the hotel and I should leave it 72 hours to see if the hotel can resolve it.

How many Hilton employees does it take to cancel a reservation?

Palmer
Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
Thumbs down sign in button missing

I have been having issues with the login/sign in button missing from the top of the hilton.com main web page (redirects to http://www3.hilton.com/en/index.html)

used to be at the top, but now it's not there. Been hit or miss for weeks and now it is consistently NOT thee. Had to Google HHonors sign in to get to a page to sign into my account
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat, 2.5mm, Hilton LTD, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Whatever
Originally Posted by mdaecher
I have been having issues with the login/sign in button missing from the top of the hilton.com main web page (redirects to http://www3.hilton.com/en/index.html)

used to be at the top, but now it's not there. Been hit or miss for weeks and now it is consistently NOT thee. Had to Google HHonors sign in to get to a page to sign into my account
I have this same problem all the time. Sometimes closing my browser and reopening it corrects the problem. Really frustrating as it's hard to find a page on the website that forces it to show without going through the booking process.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by mdaecher
Open the website in your browsers "Private Browsing" mode and it'll appear.

Given that the main difference with private browsing is that your existing cookies don't get sent, I'm guessing they are having cookie issues of some form.

I'm more surprised when it does appear now days than when it doesn't...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.