Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites: Please Report Them Here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites: Please Report Them Here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2021, 10:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by smmrfld
The website is so truly awful [...]
Originally Posted by Concerto
[...] It effectively drives me elsewhere.
Originally Posted by zombietooth
[...] It is the worst booking engine that I've ever dealt with [...]
All true, but not emphatic enough.
Originally Posted by DELee
p.s. ​​​​​Hilton Honors Ambassador : is there a way to provide input/feedback to the web development team about these limitations?
Please!

Originally Posted by smmrfld
[...] App is much more functional.
Good to know. I'm not an app person, but I might be forced to try it ... if it loads on my tablet. Some apps refuse to load except on a phone, and I won't use that tiny screen to try to accomplish tasks should have more display area.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 6:18 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
...p.s. ​​​​​Hilton Honors Ambassador : is there a way to provide input/feedback to the web development team about these limitations?
My apologies for any frustration using the website. I'll check into this, but in the meantime, please continue to share here and I will be sure that anything is passed along to the web team.

Best regards,

William
Old Aug 24, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
1. On the My Account page (https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-hon...st/my-account/) three different link locations are provided that then go to the same exact link (https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-hon...st/activity/):
One of the most astounding things about this is that the activity page is totally blank for me on my main browser. Why astounding? Well, it used to work fine. That means that someone has recoded the page such that it doesn't work on older browsers and yet has done absolutely nothing to actually improve the page functionality!

Of course, there are no error messages and no warnings for browser version, so the user has no specific idea why the page doesn't work. They messed up the search function so that it doesn't work on older browsers either. Again, there's no improvement in functionality for anyone in the new code, just reductions in functionality for some users.

I totally get that some sites want to do write new code to enable new features, but any competently run site either uses polyfills to ensure older browsers still work or puts up meaningful error messages saying what browser version is required. Hilton does neither of those things, while making changes that provide no improved functionality to anyone.
SPN Lifer and zombietooth like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.