Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The White Envelope from Delta!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2006, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Thumbs up The White Envelope from Delta!

Just got a UPS Ground envelope from Delta. Largish, white square envelope with the Delta widget in red foil on the front, reading "Recognizing you in more ways" beneath it.

Of course, it's what is INSIDE that counts. A very nice black heavy paper sleeve with a die-cut of the Delta widget in the middle. And inside the sleeve is a red foil paper folder that reads "a very special thank you" at the bottom.

And inside that? A very nice note from Lee Macenczak, noting Delta's appreciation for my loyalty throughout the past year.

But wait, that's not all: Delta is also extending some additional benefits to me effective January 1, 2007:
- New, exclusive VIP phone number (and NO, it's NOT the same on that's on the SkyMiles PM card)
(other goodies)

"These complimentary, additional benefits are provided to s small, select group of invited Medallion members, so please have your SkyMiles number and PIN on hand when you call.

Also, Delta enclosed a gift card offered by their partner, American Epxress, and some certificates from Hertz and SkyMiles Dining.

All in all, I thought this was a great gesture on Delta's part! Definitely a very nice, unexpected but VERY appreciated holiday gift!^
Old Dec 15, 2006, 8:10 am

Programs: Starfleet Captains Club
I'm assuming that you received this is in addition to the holiday card?

I somehow doubt that I'll receive this.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 8:12 am

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
I feel like Charlie Brown in the Peanuts "Great Pumpkin" Holloween special.

After each house, all the kids look into their trick or treat bag and call out "I got a candy bar", "I got a candied apple", "I got a lolipop" and Charlie Brown answers out in his turn each time (in his "good grief' voice) "I got a rock".

150K MQMs this year and nothing so far from the UPS man on Delta's behalf.

How many MQMs did you fly this year? Maybe I just don't rate.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 8:19 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Be interesting to see exactly how many are given out..
Old Dec 15, 2006, 8:24 am

I wouldn't be surprised if these are given out based on revenue generated for DL rather than MQMs
Old Dec 15, 2006, 8:34 am

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
haha, does excessive change fees per PNR count as revenue? In 53,000 miles this year, I don't think i've had a single itineary without atleast 2 change fees. On my ressie this week, I had 4 different changes at $50+ bucks a pop.

I doubt i'll get one, but, who knows. UPS dosen't come until 4pm round here.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by janeway
I wouldn't be surprised if these are given out based on revenue generated for DL rather than MQMs
Would there be something wrong with this?
Old Dec 15, 2006, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by indufan
Would there be something wrong with this?
Of course not.

If you read the posts above, you may see that my post was more in response to the person who was wondering why w/150,000 MQMs they hadn't received an envelope.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 10:16 am

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I got a rock
Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:29 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by s25843
haha, does excessive change fees per PNR count as revenue? In 53,000 miles this year, I don't think i've had a single itineary without atleast 2 change fees. On my ressie this week, I had 4 different changes at $50+ bucks a pop.

I doubt i'll get one, but, who knows. UPS dosen't come until 4pm round here.
Glad to see I am not the only one financing DL on this. I figure I am a big part of the reason they dont drop the change fee for PM's, I am sending someone's kid to college on change fees alone!
Old Dec 15, 2006, 2:28 pm

Sounds a bit like UA's Global Services.....
Old Dec 15, 2006, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Sounds a bit like UA's Global Services.....
I don't think so - it's not a different level in the SkyMiles system - I'm still a Platinum Medallion (at least until February 2008). I think it's just an honest attempt to recognize and thank people who've given Delta a good amount of business in the past year.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by jimrpa
I don't think so - it's not a different level in the SkyMiles system - I'm still a Platinum Medallion (at least until February 2008). I think it's just an honest attempt to recognize and thank people who've given Delta a good amount of business in the past year.
Global Services isn't either (from what I understand the members are 1K's etc...). Are there special benefits or was it just a "thanks for keeping us in business"?

Either way ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Congrats on getting the goodies!

I will close out the year with 87K MQMs, and will be happy to not get the goodies, as I really don't think I could deal with the amount of travel that would be required for it. Not to mention I often have to fly ASA, and I thought they were going to strand me in ATL last night!

Anyway, good move for Delta. A common theme is that Delta has problems on the revenue side, so they definitely should recognize their high revenue customers. ^

David
Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Someone forgot to mail mine

Last edited by mikey1003; Dec 15, 2006 at 3:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.