Wiki Posts
Search

Another RFD UA promotion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2006, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, PC Gold
Another RFD UA promotion

I just received this email with this UA promotion from RFD. There doesnt seem to be any limitation as to where you can fly to from RFD. From the way I read it, they would issue a voucher for the entire price of the ticket, not just the RFD-DEN segment.

Reminds me of another promotion they did about a year ago with $100 tickets to Paris, which certainly doomed them by having to honor $100 tickets for business and first class.

Code:
Dear MilesAhead Members:
SPLIT IT OR SAVE IT!!!

WOW!!! What an incredible year at RFD. So much has happened and we are getting set for 2007 and breaking all our records!!! We do have a few seats left on flights in late December. Now with that said, please understand that between Dec 18 and Dec 31 we have 101 seats that WE want to fill in order to end the year with TWO full weeks of 100% SOLD OUT FLIGHTS! Receive either 50% off yourticket/s OR pay the price now and get travel vouchers equal to the ticket price for travel in 2007.

SPLIT IT

Purchase your tickets on United Airlines roundtrip to/from RFD and receive 50% back as a cash rebate.

Or SAVE IT

Purchase your tickets on United Airlines roundtrip to/from RFD and receive vouchers for 2007 for the amount spent (Rounded to the nearest $100 increment).

Send in a copy of your itinerary on United and we will issue you travel vouchers for flights out of RFD in calendar year 2007.

EXAMPLE

Ticket cost $749.99 = 7 X $100 travel vouchers for use in 2007
Ticket cost $750.00 = 8 X $100 travel vouchers for use in 2007
Vouchers can be used on any airline to any destination out of RFD.

Seat options are limited but if you help us fill the planes in 2006 we will reward you with vouchers to be used on any airline, to any destination out of RFD in 2007.

Book your tickets on United for the outbound flights listed below…return when you want!

Terms & Conditions:
    * Travel can be booked from www.FlyRFD.com or contact your favorite travel agent directly.
    * This certificate cannot be auctioned, bartered, or sold.
    * This certificate cannot be redeemed for cash.
    * This certificate cannot be used with other special Airport promotional offers or vouchers.
    * Not valid with United Airlines refundable tickets.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Buy 1 Get 1 Free 1/1 - 1/15

There is another promotion on UA from RFD for Jan:

CASH REBATE VOUCHER FORM

For Travel between January 1-15, 2007

Buy 1 Get 1 FREE! (Final destination beyond Denver)

* This travel certificate is valid for travel on United Airlines to any destination beyond Denver from RFD
* Purchase 2 tickets & we will reimburse you for 1 ticket (minus tax and fees)...purchase 4 round-trip tickets...and we will reimburse you for 2 tickets, etc.
* Round-trip travel must be booked between December 15-22, 2006
* This can be used for travel between January 1-15, 2007 (flight must depart on Sunday, Tuesday or Wednesday)
Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:02 pm

Are there links to either of these offerers? I'd like to read the T&Cs to see if I can book a ticket from RFD...

Thanks!!
Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

These are the links in the email:
http://209.94.39.21/MilesAhead50Off.asp
http://209.94.39.21/MilesAheadTravelCert.asp
http://209.94.39.21/MilesAheadFly1-15.asp

It does seem a bit shady that the URL is to a particular IP rather than a domain, but if you ping their website (flyrfd.com), it resolves to the IP address above.

You can also call to verify that the promotions are legit.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Boy, there's some desperate airport management!
Old Dec 15, 2006, 1:00 pm

Programs: Lots
Hrmmm.. so if I buy a ticket in C to SYD ex-RFD I get 13k of vouchers back?

Making a fare non-refundable is very easy... hrmmm....
Old Dec 15, 2006, 1:20 pm
gof

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Gold
I wonder how many people they will pull from Chicago to get the cheaper fares? I could see lots of holiday travel going that way.

Anyone know of a good limo/transport service from the Chicago (northern burbs) area to Rockford? And back of course.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

try vangalder bus service.

also, its free parking at RFD
Old Mar 5, 2007, 5:20 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Any current promotions like this one? I signed up for the Rockford Airport MilesAhead notifications but I never get anything.

I have to buy two tickets to SIN in April and I have to pay myself, so a buy-one-get-one would be awesome.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 2:17 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
Any current promotions like this one? I signed up for the Rockford Airport MilesAhead notifications but I never get anything.

I have to buy two tickets to SIN in April and I have to pay myself, so a buy-one-get-one would be awesome.
there was a $200 rebate last week. Travel and booking times were extremely limited though.

You should definitely check the sign up, cause I get something about once a month or so. Usually it gets deleted pretty fast, but every once in a while there are some good deals like the above mentioned ones.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:28 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I just signed up and received a $25 travel certificate good through June 1, 2007. That is this week's offer.

It would be worth nesting a ticket to RFD if they would end up paying a substantial portion of a long haul.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
Fly Beyond Denver: $100 round trip (after cash rebate)

Fly round-trip to any destination beyond Denver in the continental US on United for $100!

*This certificate is valid for travel on United Airlines to any destination in the continental U.S. beyond Denver.
*Maximum cash rebate amount per round-trip ticket: $1,000.
*Cash rebate is good for each round-trip ticket booked on your itinerary.
*Round-trip travel must be booked and depart between March 10 - 17, 2007.
*Return flight must take place on or before March 31, 2007.

http://flyrfd.com/MilesAhead1000309.asp#
Old Mar 9, 2007, 2:38 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by chexfan

Fly round-trip to any destination beyond Denver in the continental US on United for $100!

*This certificate is valid for travel on United Airlines to any destination in the continental U.S. beyond Denver.

Thanks for posting this! ^

But I don't understand this: The offer title says $100 per RT. But the terms say max. of $1000 per round trip.

Do you think that's a typo. Maybe it should say max. of $1000 per PERSON?
Old Mar 9, 2007, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by g_leyser
The offer title says $100 per RT. But the terms say max. of $1000 per round trip.
$100 is what you end up paying. The $1,000 cap is how much you can get refunded. So, if you paid more than $1,100, you would only get $1,000 back. Otherwise you get your total fare back less $100.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by chexfan

Wowzers, what a great MR opportunity: RFD-DEN-XXX-DEN-RFD for $100.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.