FA moves 'chatty' pass. to sit beside me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2006, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors DIA, Fairmont GLD they make me feel special!

First; I am not complaining. I'm just saying!
FL1586 LAX-YYZ yesterday. I was sitting in business and moved to a row behind me so a family with baby could stretch out. Meal service happened, then I tried to go to sleep.
Shortly after I was poked and awaken by a lady sitting besdie me; in what was an empty seat. Yes, the passenger woke me up.
Apparently some other lady in coach was painting her nails - and this lady was alergic to the smell. An FA moved her up into business class. For the final 2 hours of the flight - she talked to me non-stop. It was annoying. I tried to give an indication I wanted to sleep - but she seem more interested in chatting. The #1 on the flight apologized profusely to me. Oh well. Just sharring.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Well, at least she wasn't chewing tobacco... was she?
Old Dec 16, 2006, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Frankly, I think they should have thrown the lady painting her nails (!!!) off the plane and allowed the talker to have both coach seats.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 9:36 am

Programs: Mediocre AA Stew
Nail polish use is prohibted on board the airplane because it is flammable. The crew should have asked the woman to put the polish away immediately.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Originally Posted by s80dude
Nail polish use is prohibted on board the airplane because it is flammable. The crew should have asked the woman to put the polish away immediately.
Indeed. Isn't it listed explicitly on the board of prohibited items at security.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by s80dude
Good point. Besides, I would think that the smell would have bothered more than just pax who was moved. All in all, it was very inconsiderate of the nail painter.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:15 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
A way to pass the beginning of a Saturday morning.

Cheers.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
"It's been nice chatting with you. I'r somewhat tired, so I think I'll try to get some shut-eye now."

"It's been nice chatting with you; I think I'll try to get back to reading that ________ I've been working on."

"It's been nice chatting with you. Plese don't take this personally, but I'm not in a chatty mood right now, and just need some quiet time to myself. Thanks!"

E.g. http://www.uiowa.edu/~ucs/asertcom.html

NO offense intended, but I think it's a necessary survival skill these days.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:49 am

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec
Originally Posted by olimaspecto
Indeed. Isn't it listed explicitly on the board of prohibited items at security.
Just remember, 3-1-1....has anyone else heard those obnoxious announcements??? 3 oz in 1 zip lock bag, and I don't know what the last 1 is for.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:55 am

Programs: AA, DL, Bonvoy, WoH, HH
Originally Posted by AEpilot76
Just remember, 3-1-1....has anyone else heard those obnoxious announcements??? 3 oz in 1 zip lock bag, and I don't know what the last 1 is for.
3ounces, 1quart size bang, 1bag per PAX.

This is pretty annoying, although larger airport seems to be don't care.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:57 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by AEpilot76
Totally agree! And I'm sure the TSA - eh, we - paid some ad agency millions and millions of dollars to come up with that.

BTW - the last "1" is one bag per person.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
"It's been nice chatting with you. I'r somewhat tired, so I think I'll try to get some shut-eye now."

"It's been nice chatting with you; I think I'll try to get back to reading that ________ I've been working on."

"It's been nice chatting with you. Plese don't take this personally, but I'm not in a chatty mood right now, and just need some quiet time to myself. Thanks!"

E.g. http://www.uiowa.edu/~ucs/asertcom.html

NO offense intended, but I think it's a necessary survival skill these days.
"I'm sorry . . . I'm not feeling well and don't want to chat. I'm sure you understand." [Put on Bose headphones, turn away, and ignore nuisance]
Old Dec 16, 2006, 11:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, AA EXP
About 2-3 years ago I was in coach (I don't think it was AA), and a teenager across from me asked the FA if she could paint her nails during the flight. The FA said something like "Yes you can, but I don't think the other passengers on this plane would be happy with you if you did". I was happy that she chose not to paint her nails.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 11:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PTravel
"I'm sorry . . . I'm not feeling well and don't want to chat. I'm sure you understand." [Put on Bose headphones, turn away, and ignore nuisance]
Exactly, situations like this are why I am thankful for my Bose QC2s.

If a bottle of nail polish happens to make it through security, under no circumstances should it be opened on the plane.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by olimaspecto

s80dude is correct --it is mentioned in the American Way that it can not be used in flight--considered flammeable--under restircted items in back of magazine....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.