Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Free 5,000 LANpass kilometers for opening frequent flyer account by Dec 31

Old Dec 16, 2006, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

I thought I'd post this in MilesBuzz so it would get more views. LAN is offering 5,000 kilometers for opening a frequent flyer account with them by Dec 31. There is no requirement to take a flight to earn the bonus. The offer also reports that if you update your account information you will get the 5,000 kilometer bonus, although there's no way to do that from the link. Here's the link:

http://www.lan.com/promociones/data/...cion_5000.html
Old Dec 16, 2006, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Can one redeem LAN miles for magazines or other products?

Can one transfer LAN miles to an AA account through points.com or some equivalent?

How long are LAN miles valid for if I don't credit any flights to the LAN account?

Are there any tips/tricks about LAN accounts for people who mainly fly AA and want to maintain AA status?

(Obviously could credit BA transatlantic to LAN, but is that any more use than crediting them to AS? Even assuming I'd fly BA across the pond which is less likely than pigs flying, given their new seating and baggage policies, as well as their generous 25% mileage...)
Old Dec 16, 2006, 9:47 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by salut0
Can one transfer LAN miles to an AA account through points.com or some equivalent?

How long are LAN miles valid for if I don't credit any flights to the LAN account?
Yes, but you need a minimum of 10,000 km to transfer. Check out http://www.insideflyer.com/tools/mileage_converter/ for your options.

The 5,000 km post instantly when you sign up and seem to be valid for 2 years.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:05 pm

> 5000 km bonus points for new accounts posts right away
> Nothing posted right away for account change
> Points are good for 3 years - sign up today and 5000 km bonus points show an expiration of 12/31/2009
> Bonus points post as 'Associated' points not 'Flown' and not 'Bonus'
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:10 pm

ps - thx, op!
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Thanks OP
It was fun figuring out the phone number error!!
It looked to me that the 5000Km are for EITHER the signup or changes but not both. Still, Mom and I are in, you never know where it will lead!

JudyJFLA
Old Dec 17, 2006, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

I don't have much knowledge of LAN pass as I only flew them once when in South America but I'm on their email list. I've seen offers for discount flights for 5,000 LAN pass kilometers (for example, Miami to Buenos Aires for ~$200 + 5,000 kilometers) but don't much about other low point value awards. It is possible to transfer in starpoints, though.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 9:36 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Is there an english version of the site?

Thanks,

Onedog

Originally Posted by greg999
I thought I'd post this in MilesBuzz so it would get more views. LAN is offering 5,000 kilometers for opening a frequent flyer account with them by Dec 31. There is no requirement to take a flight to earn the bonus. The offer also reports that if you update your account information you will get the 5,000 kilometer bonus, although there's no way to do that from the link. Here's the link:

Old Dec 18, 2006, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by onedog
Is there an english version of the site?

Thanks,

Onedog
This link should work

Old Dec 19, 2006, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Is it possible to combine miles from different LAN accounts?

I was thinking of getting family members with the same surnames to each open an account and then get all the miles consolidated in one (like AA allows you to GiftAAMiles or whatever it's called...)

Obviosuly I assume it's against the terms and conditions to open multiple accounts for one person which I was not planning on doing.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance...
Old Dec 20, 2006, 2:49 pm

Programs: PC Plt RA, UA, AA
I think this is the english link for registering in the US/Canada:

http://www.lan.com/cgi-bin/profile/registro.cgi
Old Dec 20, 2006, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by salut0
Is it possible to combine miles from different LAN accounts?

I was thinking of getting family members with the same surnames to each open an account and then get all the miles consolidated in one (like AA allows you to GiftAAMiles or whatever it's called...)

Obviosuly I assume it's against the terms and conditions to open multiple accounts for one person which I was not planning on doing.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance...
No, you can't combine accounts ! Last year I'd asked LAN because my immediate family flies Lan and I wanted to gift or transfer some of my miles to my mom.

However, you can transfer starpoints to LanPass at 1 SP = 2kms LP.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by greg999
I don't have much knowledge of LAN pass as I only flew them once when in South America but I'm on their email list. I've seen offers for discount flights for 5,000 LAN pass kilometers (for example, Miami to Buenos Aires for ~$200 + 5,000 kilometers) but don't much about other low point value awards. It is possible to transfer in starpoints, though.
You can't transfer into Starpoints, but you can do starpoints to LanPass.

I know you can transfer LP kms into HHonors, though. It's not worth it !

The 5K + cash option is considered the best thing Lanpass offers. When they have those promos I usually take advantage of them !
Old Dec 20, 2006, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ElvisNYC
You can't transfer into Starpoints, but you can do starpoints to LanPass.

I know you can transfer LP kms into HHonors, though. It's not worth it !

The 5K + cash option is considered the best thing Lanpass offers. When they have those promos I usually take advantage of them !
What is the bottom line here...how can you open up a husband and wife LAN account with 5K each and transfer those points into something useful on a collective basis in the US?
Old Dec 22, 2006, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
5,000 kilometers = 3,106.855961187 miles. Is that a good sign up rate for your FT needs?

OK so um... also...this does NOT go into "miles Buzz." MODERATORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! is there a KILO's Buzz forum??

(ok, shoot me now)
hehehehe

But really, do ya think they round up or down when converting in the US or adding Starpoints, etc?

I visted http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm to get the conversion above.

Oh, and one more thing... I know in some countries, they reverse the meaning of the "," and the "." when doing money and measurements sometimes... So this might actually be:

5.000 kilometers = 3.106,855961187 miles

& that's enough to confuse me, but I'd still dig it.
Sign me up!

MM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.