Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone ever tried to defer status?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2006, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Anyone ever tried to defer status?

Apologies if this is a duplicate. I did a cursory search for this but didn't turn up anything.

Wondering if anyone had any success in deferring Skymiles status for a year or two.

I'll be joining the Peace Corps in about a year and since it won't be possible for me to vacation while I'm gone, I'd like to see if I can hold over my lowly silver status for when I return.

I realize the question of “can I defer” would be directed to Delta, and I will do so, but I hoped for feedback from anyone who might have attempted to do this already before I compose that note.

Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Write em a letter. Start at top and coppy all VPs

Cant hurt. Someone may help you.

http://www.delta.com/about_delta/cor...hies/index.jsp

Delta Air Lines, Inc.
P.O. Box 20706
Atlanta, Georgia 30320-6001
Old Dec 27, 2006, 11:49 am

I extended my Senator Status (Equivalent to DL Platinum) for upto a year, when I had my baby. I wrote to them that with a new born baby I would not be travel as often whether for business or leisure, and they extended my status for a year.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:52 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
My guess is your chances are low. You are not leaving for the Peace Corp for a year, that means you have a year to use the status you have earned. This is different from say being sent to the middle east with the armed forces with a weeks notice. Good luck however!
Old Dec 27, 2006, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
I've no plans to ask until I have a leave date. I have status for 2007, which is fine, but I will also I'll earn status again in 2007 for 2008. Since I'll have zero opportunity to use it, I'd like to defer it until my return.

I just wanted to see if there had been any precedent I could refer to when I do ask.

Thanks for the input.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 3:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by zoonil
I extended my Senator Status (Equivalent to DL Platinum) for upto a year, when I had my baby. I wrote to them that with a new born baby I would not be travel as often whether for business or leisure, and they extended my status for a year.
That is a published benefit of Miles and More and only applies to new parents so would not apply in the OP's situation. I haven't seen a similar published benefit of any other FFPs I belong to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.