Wiki Posts
Search

Vending Machine Dinner?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2007, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US1, HHDiamond, MR Lifetime Plat, Nat'l Exec, Avis 1st, Priority Plat
Vending Machine Dinner?

And if you have made a meal from the vending machine, what did it consist of and what were the circumstances?
Old Jan 22, 2007, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Yep, more than once. Usually happened when I've got to stay somewhere in the boonies where everything closes early (an no room service) and my flight got in very late.

What did I have? Typical vending machine junk food. Couple of candy bars/chips etc.

I plan much better now, so it hasn't happened in a while, thankfully
Old Jan 22, 2007, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
On my trips to SBA via LAX, I used to look forward to getting a Tuna Fish sammie out of the vending machine in the old annex at LAX. Yes, I was playing w/fire, but there was just SOMETHING about them.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 9:13 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in Dining Buzz.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 22, 2007, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Snowed into a Holiday Inn in Greenville SC 1983. Ate peanut butter crackers and coke for 3 days running until a restaurant opened. Had breakfast at Chinese place - possibly most welcome chinese meal in my life.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 1:31 am

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Just recently Chocoloate muffin, one of those heatable pocket sandwiches, ham and cheese I think, plus an ice tea.

I was stuck, hungry after a late flight and nothing open near me and couldn't wait the 30 minutes for a pizza delivery.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 2:13 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
What do they call those snack vending machines in Holland again? Grease and salt in one nice package.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mosburger
What do they call those snack vending machines in Holland again? Grease and salt in one nice package.
"Automaat" or "de muur" (the wall). Nothing like a 4 hour old dried up frikandel out of a chrome plated heating box
Old Jan 23, 2007, 4:24 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
FEBO! De lekkerste!

(I always smile when I see references in the AAntique AAircraft forum to this, makes me think of their F pax tucking into a greasy frikandel...)
Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:17 am

Programs: Various
Reminds me of a quote from the great movie REPO MAN:

"Vended food contains all the necessary nutrients to sustain life."
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
Beef Jerky, Cheese & Crackers, and fruit juice. It was loaded with sodium and preservatives, but in terms of macronutrient distribution it wasn't too bad.

I had this kind of meal fairly often in those late evenings when I was on campus and the eateries had already closed.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
When I was a kid, my mom's one "home cooked" meal was Chex mix -- from scratch!

Can you say WASP Cuisine?
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:23 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Japan and vending machines.

In Japan, I have chosen to have vending machines over what ever thing my aunt made for me. You can buy anything at a vending machine. Ramen noodles, hamburger, rice balls, french fries (this one needed some help). I was very satisfied many a time at these vending heavens.

Must add: I was a teenager. My tastes are much more refined now. I only go to vending machines when my wife is not looking.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 2:14 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM)
At McCormick Convention Center about six years ago. My team and I were setting up registration for a tradeshow and working late.

There is a vending machine that has BBQ rib sandwiches and a little cafeteria microwave beside it. A lot lick those McRib sanwiches. Boy did we eat a lot of those vending machine fake rib sandwiches. Along with a bag of chips and soda all the nutrients to keep you running.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:19 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by stut
FEBO! De lekkerste!

(I always smile when I see references in the AAntique AAircraft forum to this, makes me think of their F pax tucking into a greasy frikandel...)
Careful, someone from KLM catering might be reading...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.