Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Can you switch uprade instruments when waitlisted?

Can you switch uprade instruments when waitlisted?

Old Jan 25, 2007, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriot Gold
Question Can you switch uprade instruments when waitlisted?

I'm wait listed for an upgrade two weeks from now on a PS2 flight JFK - LAX. I requested the upgrade with a CR1. In my experience, it is unlikely that inventory management will release the upgrade until well within the 100 hour limit of the flight, so I'd prefer to use 500-milers for the upgrade. I tried on .bomb, but I don't see how I can do this. Two questions: 1) can I switch upgrade instruments by calling MP? and 2) if I can, does it change my position on the waitlist?
Old Jan 25, 2007, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
You should just call and cancel the CR-1 upgrade request and change to 500-milers. Shouldn't have much of an effect on your U/G chances since your U/G windows are already determined by status.

Good luck!
Old Jan 25, 2007, 4:26 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by fzwinter
You should just call and cancel the CR-1 upgrade request and change to 500-milers. Shouldn't have much of an effect on your U/G chances since your U/G windows are already determined by status.

Good luck!
Right --- minimal effect is likely. It would only put you behind other 1Ks who had requested upgrades with 500s before you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.