Wiki Posts
Search

The best Vegas FHR choice w/ kids?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2007, 5:39 am
Original Poster

The best Vegas FHR choice w/ kids?

Newbie here please be gentle

We are arriving in LAS on my husbands 50th bday and I am trying to surprise him with a WOW. It is just the 1st 2 nights of our trip. The kids are 4,7,9. I'm thinking the FS is the way to go, but w/ the kids but not sure. Iw ould love the skylofts but doesn't seem appropriate.
Any ideas? thougts?

P.s. This is just the first stop of our trip. We are spending the rest of the week over on Lake LAs vegas and doing the Hoover dam, Lake mead Valley of the Fire Park etc. All things appropriate for kiddies LOL

Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2007, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

welcome to FT

why not the skylofts? you could even do the free maybach transfer if one person sits up front, and the 4 year old goes on someone's lap

1BR upgrades to 2BR (second bedroom has 2 beds for the kids)
cant beat that @ $600, and even paying $1200 for the 2BR is a good deal, compared to rates at other properties.

if you were considering one of the larger FS suites, you might also want to check out the 2BR pool villa @ Wynn for ~$2K
Old Jan 27, 2007, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
welcome to FT

why not the skylofts? you could even do the free maybach transfer if one person sits up front, and the 4 year old goes on someone's lap

1BR upgrades to 2BR (second bedroom has 2 beds for the kids)
cant beat that, and even paying for the 2BR is a good deal, compared to rates at other properties.

if you were considering one of the larger FS suites, you might also want to check out the 2BR pool villa @ Wynn for ~$2K

Actually I am looking for the least expensive option. I was hoping to book the FS regualr room.

2k is a bit (well alot) out of my price range.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so regular room with extra beds? nope, as far as the FS website says, rooms are not an option with 3 kids. you would have to get 2 rooms.

if you get the upgrade at the skyloft, that seems like the best bet. but it sounds like $1200 is too high, and you might not want to risk it, even though most of the skylofts are 2BR units. maybe you could try making the reservation, and asking the hotel to confirm the upgrade since its your husbands 50th.. the other thing about getting skyloft is the concierge. you have VIP access/reservations/seating at any show/restaurant/etc at the MGM Mirage properties, including Bellagio etc.

if not the skylofts, id think connecting rooms at the FS or Bellagio would be the good FHR options for such an occasion.

although the Venetian does also have a concierge level in their venezia tower, and they have a room type that has 3 beds.. concierge bella is the name, from $500

-skylofts 1BR with confirmed upgrade, from ~$600 (FHR including taxes and transfers)

-venetian venezia tower concierge bella, from ~$550 (FHR/best including tax)
-connecting base rooms at FS(from ~$600 best rate including tax for 2 rooms)
-connecting base rooms at Bellagio(from ~$400 FHR including tax for 2 rooms)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 27, 2007 at 6:59 am
Old Jan 27, 2007, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your input.

It never occurred to me that FS we would need 2 rooms. We have stayed at quite a few RCs and they allow us in 1 room. Yeah we like to slum in luxury

I think I am going to go for the skylofts^ It wil definately have the WOW that I am looking for. I will check Bellagio as well, but thought that was the least kid friendly place?
Old Jan 27, 2007, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

youre very welcome, enjoy the trip

i ended up not making it to the skylofts last time i was out in LAS

i wouldnt think you have to worry about kid friendly for only 2 nights, but im not sure.. skylofts and venezia concierge level seem like they might be better than FS/Bellagio overall though. (having some more private public areas)
Old Jan 27, 2007, 8:32 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
The value leader in Las Vegas would be a suite at the Mirage. The suites are very impressive ... and the pricing is *so* much less than the newer, more upscale resorts. If you stay in a suite Sunday-Thursday, the rates are especially attractive. Let me know if I can help!
Old Jan 27, 2007, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IMO $575 including taxes for 2BR Tower Suite @ Mirage is a fairly bad price considering the rates I gave for higher end properties/rooms

lowest FHR @ Bellagio is same as Mirage's lowest rate

OTOH i was looking at midweek rates

if the OP is looking at a weekend stay, Venetian/FS/Bellagio become much more attractive, as Skylofts go up a lot, and perhaps thats when properties like the Mirage are somewhat lower than they are.

hmm, got a question for you David, how are the virtuoso rates at FS and Bellagio? i was using July 10 for my rate comparison.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 27, 2007 at 9:26 am
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:17 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
using July 10 (a Tuesday night)...

rates for the Four Seasons:
Moderate $270
Superior $330
Deluxe $355
Strip View $405
Four Seasons $555
Four Seasons Executive $555
1 BR Suite $580
1 BR Strip View Suite $755

at the Bellagio, Virutoso rates are 10% off the prevailing rate.

Deluxe $179
Deluxe Lakeview $224
Salone Suite $337.50
Bellagio 1 BR suite $382.50
Penthouse suite $540
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

are those the virtuoso or best rates for FS?

virtuoso is same as FHR for bellagio
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:37 am

The Virtuoso rates at the FS are $10 lower per night than the "best" rates.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so at FS virtuoso has better rates, and confirmed upgrades (compared to FHR)
good to know.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 4:59 pm

Although I will not say anything negative about the SkyLofts, I would rec the FS as its a more family oriented hotel.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 5:17 am

Programs: SPG: Plat; Amex: Plat.; Star Alliance: Gold, One World: Gold
source

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
so regular room with extra beds? nope, as far as the FS website says, rooms are not an option with 3 kids. you would have to get 2 rooms.

if you get the upgrade at the skyloft, that seems like the best bet. but it sounds like $1200 is too high, and you might not want to risk it, even though most of the skylofts are 2BR units. maybe you could try making the reservation, and asking the hotel to confirm the upgrade since its your husbands 50th.. the other thing about getting skyloft is the concierge. you have VIP access/reservations/seating at any show/restaurant/etc at the MGM Mirage properties, including Bellagio etc.
if not the skylofts, id think connecting rooms at the FS or Bellagio would be the good FHR options for such an occasion.

although the Venetian does also have a concierge level in their venezia tower, and they have a room type that has 3 beds.. concierge bella is the name, from $500

-skylofts 1BR with confirmed upgrade, from ~$600 (FHR including taxes and transfers)

-venetian venezia tower concierge bella, from ~$550 (FHR/best including tax)
-connecting base rooms at FS(from ~$600 best rate including tax for 2 rooms)
-connecting base rooms at Bellagio(from ~$400 FHR including tax for 2 rooms)
Is there a www-page where you can find FHR prices or only by calling to Amex travel services?
Old Feb 4, 2007, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes, im using a website, i believe its the AMADEUS GDS.

i received it from someone else though, so i cannot pass it on myself.

there are also codes you can use for Plat and Cent rates that work on the websites of certain chains like RC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.