Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tried the new Beef & Cheese Enchilada lunch/snack?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2007, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Tried the new Beef & Cheese Enchilada lunch/snack?

Finally!! There's at least a new "entree" being served in F during midcon lunch/snack flights...a cheesy beef enchilada with mexican rice. The F/A say they just began serving it this month with the new food service cycle. It is rather filling, although it could use more beef. It definitely beats the cheese pizzas!
let's hope that more innovative meals begin appearing in midcon premium cabins, which have been neglected over transcon and international premium cabins.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 11:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
There's an existing topic about meals, including the enchilada, on this thread started over the weekend:
What is the standard F snack on a non-meal flight?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 12:26 am

I had it Sunday. Quite liked it.

When is AA going to stop using processed cheese in their omlets? That's just wrong.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by emaij
When is AA going to stop using processed cheese in their omlets? That's just wrong.
I'm probably the only person who likes those omelets. I find them to be quite good!
Old Feb 7, 2007, 9:34 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kebosabi
I'm probably the only person who likes those omelets. I find them to be quite good!
Nope. Count another. It's certainly not a healthful option (but what cheese omelet is), but I find it quite edible.

Cheers.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by emaij
Sources within AA tell me that as soon as they're done with the NGBC rollout, they're going to turn their attention to reformulating the cheese used in the omelettes.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 10:37 am

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
um....doesn't LSG Skychef's or GateGourmet make the meals? So ya might want to send them a letter or two about the cheese...

Glad to hear the enchilada's are good so far. I saw a message about them and was hesitant about them. Haven't seen them myself yet since I'm on vacation through the 22nd. But I'm looking forward to seeing them on my trip to Puerto Vallarta.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 10:41 am

I knew there was a reason I bring my own

None of these options really appeal although the eggs are fine. Mostly they tast like they came from the freezer.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
um....doesn't LSG Skychef's or GateGourmet make the meals? So ya might want to send them a letter or two about the cheese...

Glad to hear the enchilada's are good so far. I saw a message about them and was hesitant about them. Haven't seen them myself yet since I'm on vacation through the 22nd. But I'm looking forward to seeing them on my trip to Puerto Vallarta.
I don't know if you're allowed to do this, but you'd be a hero to some of your passeners if you bring a bottle of hot sauce to offer with the enchilada!

I may be wrong, but didn't flights used to be catered with those little bottles of tabasco?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:00 am

I think at one time they did.

But ya know, you could ask McDs for extra sauce for the Breakfast Burrito Meal....
Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But ya know, you could ask McDs for extra sauce for the Breakfast Burrito Meal....
I'd rather use the soap in the lav, thank you.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP
It is a good news that there is something new.

I had tried the cheesy beef enchilada with mexican rice last weekend. Yikes..I will stick to the pizza.

There was only one little piece of beef and the plate just looked nasty.

Sorry AA.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:09 am

Umm, doesn't AA tell its caterers what to make? Pay them for cheddar, they'll use cheddar.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ilovetofly
It is a good news that there is something new.

I had tried the cheesy beef enchilada with mexican rice last weekend. Yikes..I will stick to the pizza.

There was only one little piece of beef and the plate just looked nasty.

Sorry AA.
When I had it on Sunday, there were several pieces of beef (all on the outside, not on the inside, although I would have been perfectly happy without it). And to me it looked exactly like an enchilada on Mexican rice. I certainly understand that some will not find that appetizing, but to me it looked exactly like what it was.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by jamespvg
Umm, doesn't AA tell its caterers what to make? Pay them for cheddar, they'll use cheddar.
When I visited the Skychef's building over a year ago, it was quite impressive. When asked about different products availabe and/or used, they are the ones who make the meals with real food items. The airline chooses which food item to put onto it's menu.

As we went past the area where they were premaking items, several ladies were actually shredding, cheese, carrots, celery, and tomatoes. It was rather educational to see the behind the scenes of our caterer at JFK.

LSG Skychef's JFK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.