Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic Gold Centurion Benefit [Ending 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2007, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Virgin Atlantic Gold Centurion Benefit [Ending 2014]

AMEX just told me that Centurion has added Virgin Atlantic Gold, their top elite level, as a Centurion card benefit. Seeing that Virgin Atlantic is not a member of any of the Big 3 alliances, I don't really see much value in this benefit, except in terms of accumulating incremental bonus points if and when flying Virgin? Am I missing something?
Old Feb 8, 2007, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Don't VS Gold members receive VS Lounge access regardless of class of travel?
Old Feb 8, 2007, 5:09 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Yep! And I just spoke to Centurion Customer Service, and they confirmed the new benefit! Finally, something.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 5:54 pm

Programs: Various
Interesting seen as VS Clubhouse access is going for UK Centurion very soon.... wonder if this new benefit is for US only.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
What good is VS Clubhouse access? I f you're already flying Virgin, you get it in Business Class? If you're flying Virgin Economy, it's worth a little, but that's a pretty narrow window...If you're flying any other airline...is it worth anything, beside the deal with SQ for economy PAX to get C lounge access...who cares about that?
Old Feb 8, 2007, 6:53 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by nologic
What good is VS Clubhouse access? I f you're already flying Virgin, you get it in Business Class? If you're flying Virgin Economy, it's worth a little, but that's a pretty narrow window...If you're flying any other airline...is it worth anything, beside the deal with SQ for economy PAX to get C lounge access...who cares about that?
I guess this only matters if flying Y on VS or if crediting miles to Flying Club. It's still a nice perk for those of us who do tons of UK flying (in that it gives us the choice of another airline if we're stuck in Y anyway).
Old Feb 8, 2007, 7:14 pm

Programs: SPG Plat UA 1P Hilton Gold CO dirt
Its a pretty nice perk if you can get to the LHR clubhouse early enough to get one of their treatments, say a haircut or massage
Then order some bangers and mash, with some crumpets to eat before your flight. Yum.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...fits/index.jsp

how many miles do necker island stays go for?
Old Feb 8, 2007, 11:35 pm

starwood platinum goes out and Virgin comes in......i would prefer to have the starwood upgrade amenity.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 2:34 am

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
Is this benefit a US only or also for other countries like Germany?
Old Feb 9, 2007, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by UA 100K
Is this benefit a US only or also for other countries like Germany?
What's the point of having VS status for Germany. They don't even fly to Germany. This would really only be interesting for UK Centurions.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 7:49 am

Location: SWUSA / AA PLAT, SPG PLAT, AMEX CENTURION, HHONORS Diamond
I don't know much about VA, and its of little value to me since I fly out of the DFW area, so....I see this as a poor red herring attempt to try to deflect the chronic problem w/ AMEX...they start their programs out with a BANG (Membership Rewards, Centurion perk package), and then over time the partners drop out...fade away...and AMEX never seems to be able to replace w/ the same level of partner or refresh the program with any perk or affinity partner that is not easily obtainable otherwise.

AMEX CENT has lost Hyatt Diamond and now SPG PLAT...for the hotel side, this is one more anemic charge card.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by stevenshev
Yep! And I just spoke to Centurion Customer Service, and they confirmed the new benefit! Finally, something.
When you say they confirmed it, were you able to sign up?
Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:54 am

Programs: QF Silver, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by nologic
I take it you don't fly in Y very often
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:35 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
oooh--

looking forward to checking this out further

this actually could be a nice bene

addendum:

just looked over the gold benefits at VA if this is true, it's valuable to me, since we frequently fly LAX-LHR When we could transfer skymiles, we would get a straight award, but now we purchase a ticket and use Virgin miles to upgrade. With gold there is a 50% bonus on miles plus a lot of extra perks (first class upgrades on Heathrow express, access to BMI lounge, free silver membership for someone else in your household)

since joining cent, it's been take-away after take-away. nice to see a new benefit

Last edited by damon88; Feb 9, 2007 at 12:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.