Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Sign of Sickness - Collecting Amenity Kits

Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond

I have over 40 piled up. Two from "F" on NZ, two from "F" on LH, four from "F" on UA, and 40 from "C" on UA. Not even one has been opened. Is there soemthing wrong with me?

I even get agitated when I see others opening theirs.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Wiggums
Is there soemthing wrong with me?
If there is, it's contagious. We have a suitcase full of amenity kits too. Though + 1 often opens hers, I never do.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
I have at least 6 at home. Two old ones in the two shades of green, four new ones in black, purple, mauve and green.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
You are not the only one...although i don't really collect anything from UA....I do, however, have probably more than 100 sets of Westin Heaven Bath products in my bathroom right now
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
I'm even worse! I always try to swipe an unused one from an open seat so that I can open/use one and save the other... Shame on me, shame on me!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1P /Starwood Gold/Hyatt Plat/UA RCC
I think you should contact the AKA Amenity Kits Anonymous
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold,
Donate them to a homeless or battered women's shelter...unless you're simply hording for future service enhancements.

<G>
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:11 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, QF (currently some base metal), LH, Star Alliance, CSA
I have over 40 piled up. Two from "F" on NZ, two from "F" on LH, four from "F" on UA, and 40 from "C" on UA. Not even one has been opened. Is there soemthing wrong with me?

I even get agitated when I see others opening theirs.
I like to use mine, but if I don't, I give them to a charity shop - (op shop in OZ - don;t know what they are called or even if they have them in other places) - they are very popular there.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
I thought this thread was going to be about FAs collecting the unused bits of amenity kits at the end of flights!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Hahaha. Haha. Ha.

Paging lucky9876coins. I happen to know that dude has 4 boxes full!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
What's in the UAL C amenity kit these days? I fly almost exclusively domestic these days but have a couple of UA flights to Europe this spring. Not that I'm getting my hopes up too high....
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Is there soemthing wrong with me?
No. However, if you go to eBay and buy the styles that are missing from your "collection," the diagnosis may have to be revisited.

Personally, I don't care for the current C-class bags. The grey zipper cases were great though.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by gabrielz
Donate them to a homeless or battered women's shelter...unless you're simply hording for future service enhancements.

<G>
That's exactly what I do (at least the contents) -- there's a woman in my office who takes care of that. I save the kits themselves to give to my 5-year old nephew -- he puts his small toys and school items in them.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I save them too. Otherwise it just goes to waste. There is stuff in there like lotion that is very useful!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Originally Posted by fzwinter
What's in the UAL C amenity kit these days? I fly almost exclusively domestic these days but have a couple of UA flights to Europe this spring. Not that I'm getting my hopes up too high....
- A tooth brush with a small tube of toothpaste. I don't like the toothbrush, but the toothpaste should be enough for a weeklong trip.

- A H2O hydrating body butter. Sometimes I use it at home or office, which makes me smell like in a plane.

- One or 2 mint pills. Don't remember the quantity. The taste is good.

- A pair of ear plugs. I sometimes use it in my hotel room. There are tones of them in the labs in my office.

- A pair of socks. Never wear it. I wear sleepers, provided or brought by myself, for long haul flight.

- A small pack of facial tissue. Most usaful stuff.

- Some H2O product coupons. Junks.

Don't remember if there is other stuff since I stopped to open it for a while. However, I still collect it as many of you do. Give it to charity should be a good thing to do.

Corrected - no more bugs.

Last edited by c.l.i.a; Feb 13, 2007 at 1:06 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.