Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX FHR Exclusive Platinum offers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
AMEX FHR Exclusive Platinum offers

I have recently reserved two stays through FHR on their Exclusive platinum offers. Although I use FHR regularly I had never taken advantage of these exclusive offers until now.
The offers are on the Plat FHR page in the lower left corner. Currently there are about 30 offers listed. If you look at the online FHR directory they will usually show up in the right side of the page. This is how I first started watching for them.
The offers I have taken advantage of so far are these.

1.Intercontinental Buckhead (Atlanta) Stay one night and receive one complimentary night. I reserved a club level room. This offer is no longer listed although the deadline to reserve was late February as I recall.

2. RC Chicago ( A Four Seasons Hotel) Stay one night and receive one complimentary night. As of this posting this offer is still available.

Each offer includes typical FHR benefits. I will comment that most of these offers require longer stays to qualify for the complimentary night or other benefit. I seems that I was in the right place at the right time and these offers just happened to fit in with our plans.

I will be interested to hear other members experiences with this program and I am curious how widespread their use is.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

isn't this thread probably better in the AMEX forum, along with the FHR upgrade thread?

ill link it in my other thread

http://www134.americanexpress.com/tr...to=10&lstart=1 is the direct link

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 16, 2007 at 12:49 am
Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:59 am
Original Poster

You might be correct. This is a bit of an overlapping topic as I see it. We will see where it generates the most interest. Thanks for the link.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

this is definitely a good thread ^ i just thought it might be better in AMEX forum since its solely about FHR

hmm, tried looking for international FHR sites (DE,HK,IT,FR,UK) with no luck

CA has the same directory, but doesn't list its offers online

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 16, 2007 at 1:20 am
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:30 am

Thumbs up FHR UK site

http://www134.americanexpress.com/tr...csg&cdtyp=plat

^ ^
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks, funny you cant find it from main page..

unfortunately UK, JP, AU are just like CA and dont list the exclusive offers online
Old Feb 16, 2007, 3:25 am

This thread should be moved. Is the IC Buckhead a luxury hotel?
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nachria
This thread should be moved. Is the IC Buckhead a luxury hotel?
In retrospect you are probably right, although I have read that IC is trying to move up a notch with their newer properties. IC Buckhead is new and seems to be highly regarded. I read a favorable article about their Boston property as well. I will comment in a few days after visiting the hotel.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DrivingRain's comparative review of the IC Boston was certainly very interesting

i look forward to hearing about IC Buckhead

^
Old Mar 1, 2007, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
DrivingRain's comparative review of the IC Boston was certainly very interesting

i look forward to hearing about IC Buckhead

^
As promised here is my review of the IC Buckhead and an answer to Nachria's question regarding the hotel being a luxury property.

Check in went fairly smoothly although I'm not sure they are quite up to speed yet on the FHR program. If I understood the young man who checked us in the hotel is new to the program. Also he seemed to think they were the First IC property to be in FHR. They seemed excited about the hotel being included. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Our room was on the club level and was nicely decorated and well thought out. There was music playing and a bowl of fresh fruit waiting for us and the bed was turned back when we arrived at about 7:30. The ceilings were higher than normal which made it seem larger. The room was probably about 450 SF. The bed was comfortable and I actually liked the pillows. The bathroom was large with a walk in shower and a huge tub with a fresh flower in a vase.

The club lounge was very nice and although it was crowded this didn't seem to be a problem as the layout is such that it is broken up into little seating areas that worked well. The food presentations were good and the variety of drinks was respectable. There was a large flat screen TV and a nice selection of newspapers and other reading material. There was also a work station with a computer and printer/fax. This was good as I did not bring my laptop and was having withdrawals!

The Restaurant, Au Pied de Cochen is something you just need to see for yourself. After all these years my high school french class is but a distant memory but I think the name translates to something about the pigs feet but I'm not certain. The decor can only be described as a whimsical view of the life of a french farm pig and there are cherubs also but as I said you just need to see it. Unusual decor aside the food and service were very good. The Restaurant and bar and lounge area of the lobby all tie together nicely and the live music seemed to be just the right volume for each area.

The fitness area was small but seemed well equipped. The pool looked nice, it' a shame they don't have an indoor pool.

I have to say that while this not our best hotel stay it was very good and was a good value for the price especially with the complimentary night. We will certainly be back. Everyone seemed to be trying to do there best to be helpful and accommodating.

In Buckhead with the RC being due for an update I believe this hotel is a very good choice as it is certainly in my opinion far superior to the Grand Hyatt.

So to answer Nachria's question "Is the IC Buckhead a luxury hotel?" I have to answer yes or a least very close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.