2 killed, 7 hurt in airport shuttle bus crash - FLL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2007, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
2 killed, 7 hurt in airport shuttle bus crash - FLL

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/19/shu....ap/index.html

FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida (AP) -- Two airport shuttle buses collided head-on in the dark near the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, killing at least two people, authorities said.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 7:57 am

Programs: DL Plat, CRC, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Priority Club Gold
How horrible!

You know.....there have been times I've been very scared on a airport shuttle & even the car rental shuttle. It's very concerning....I can't even count the number of times I'm on one of those shuttles at 11:00pm.

Sounds like the Westbound shuttle driver veered right into the Eastbound driver. God bless the families.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
That's very disturbing. Sometimes you hold on for dear life while these shuttle drivers careen around. I'm sorry for the victims.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 1:43 pm

What a disturbing tragedy!
Old Feb 24, 2007, 7:48 am

That's why I always leave the wife and kids at the airport and go pick the rental or auto (if parked at the airport). They'll have a little wait until I return with the car. But it's safer than the bus ride.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
This was a tragedy waiting to happen. I've been afraid for my life more times on parking lot shuttless and such. I prefer the large slow rental center shuttles. But, all of them should have seat belts and most don't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.