Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another e.g of "No"- call back "Yes"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2007, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Another e.g of "No"- call back "Yes"

Recent PVD-LAX (return). Flights (PVD-ORD-PAX) were cancelled by AA and re-routed thru UA.
Called after a few days to get mileage credit, but was denied ("You have to be on the flight to get the miles!").
My partner called and was able to get the credit for all three of us on the itn!
For me this resulted in crossing the Miles towards elite upgrades and the One Million Miles!
Thanks AA (and FT)
Old Feb 20, 2007, 11:57 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Indo-flyer
Recent PVD-LAX (return). Flights (PVD-ORD-PAX) were cancelled by AA and re-routed thru UA.
Called after a few days to get mileage credit, but was denied ("You have to be on the flight to get the miles!").
My partner called and was able to get the credit for all three of us on the itn!
For me this resulted in crossing the Miles towards elite upgrades and the One Million Miles!
Thanks AA (and FT)
Another "e.g" of incoherent sentence structure and punctuation. Is everyone on this forum drunk?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by cingmot
Is everyone on this forum drunk?
Can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:15 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM+, HHonors, Amtrak GuestRewards
Maybe grammar and spelling education are out the window. My adult beverage consumption declined when AA started charging for it on intl. economy.

-Hayden
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:19 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Is everyone on this forum drunk?
Yes- and another meaningful post for me. Happy Fat Tuesday!
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:24 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
At the very least another phone log for conversations with AA. I'm going to call them tomorrow about something. I'll report back. (Only one beer..I'll make up for it when I get to Aruba Friday.)

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:39 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Word of the day: Xenophobe

Another "e.g" of incoherent sentence structure and punctuation. Is everyone on this forum drunk?
Another "e.g." of insulting someone even though it is likely that English is a 2nd language for the OP, and other than his using "itn" for itinerary and a slightly stilted 4th sentence, his post is quite readable as a paragaph composed of 5 distinct sentences.

This is as compared to misspelled run-on posts from people here with native English. Who spell a lot as "alot" .

I'd rather read this than the 2,000 word posts that have no structure at all and are misspelled to boot. From you high-brow Americans.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:54 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Another "e.g." of insulting someone even though it is likely that English is a 2nd language for the OP, and other than his using "itn" for itinerary and a slightly stilted 4th sentence, his post is quite readable as a paragaph composed of 5 distinct sentences.

This is as compared to misspelled run-on posts from people here with native English. Who spell a lot as "alot" .

I'd rather read this than the 2,000 word posts that have no structure at all and are misspelled to boot. From you high-brow Americans.
Didn't have your coffee yet?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 8:02 am
Original Poster

I usually do not reply to "flaming". Having said that, "Here I go!"
Your insinuation that I was drunk when I wrote this post was an insult (Webster's archaic "an act of attacking" ). I do not even drink! Could it possibly, you had a little too much to drink and your tolerance level is minimal

I find it interesting that of all things to point out in my post, you choose "the title" in your quote, since there were other, more significant grammatical problems with my post.
The reason for my post being in incorrect/improper English is brevity. However, I felt that getting some information out that could be helpful to someone, as so much information here has been helpful to me, was primary.

Another "e.g." of insulting someone even though it is likely that English is a 2nd language for the OP,
Thank you. Yes, English was (past tense) not my first language, but I have been educated sufficiently (a Master's degree and post-graduate studies ) to be able use that as an excuse Uh... no... My major was not English

Last edited by Indo-flyer; Feb 21, 2007 at 8:08 am
Old Feb 21, 2007, 8:20 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Indo-flyer
The reason for my post being in incorrect/improper English is brevity. However, I felt that getting some information out that could be helpful to someone, as so much information here has been helpful to me, was primary.
With all due respect- it seems that you now realize that your use of "e.g." was incorrect, so we can leave that alone. But, what was the value you thought this post provided? Inasmuch as the idea of calling back to any business if one doesn't like/agree with the answer one receives the first time should be common sense above and beyond FT, what has this told us? Should everyone who calls AA a second time and gets a different answer start a new thread about it?

This is not a flame, but a serious question as I really didn't see the "help" that this thread was providing.

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, 2MM
Jeeze, this is a tough crowd!

Just because it's old news to you, it doesn't mean it's not helpful to someone else.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 9:50 am

It was helpful to me.

It had never occured to me that if i don't like the ansswer, I should try again. So, for me ,this post was useful. Why are we so uptight about grammar? Are we doing this for a grade?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:05 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First the grammar part- this is a written medium- should we not at least try to use the language correctly? I think so.

As to the rest, I apologize. Clearly I was wrong. I think we should start a new thread about this every day, nay every time someone calls a second time and receives a different answer since this is clearly valuable information and not at all obvious. I made an assumption and I was wrong; boy have I got egg on my face now.

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brp
With all due respect- it seems that you now realize that your use of "e.g." was incorrect, so we can leave that alone. But, what was the value you thought this post provided? Inasmuch as the idea of calling back to any business if one doesn't like/agree with the answer one receives the first time should be common sense above and beyond FT, what has this told us? Should everyone who calls AA a second time and gets a different answer start a new thread about it?

This is not a flame, but a serious question as I really didn't see the "help" that this thread was providing.

Cheers.
Since you asked "a serious question"... Here is a serious answer.
My partner called back and got a different, very positive result.
Even though some subjects may have been posted over and over, occasionally a reminder may be helpful to some as it was to me.
Not every thread is helpful to everyone, but apparently some found something positive, as indicated in previous replies.
Cheers to you.

P.S.
Posted before previous reply by brp was read.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:28 am

The OP was at least understandable, if not well written. Brevity and comprehensibility should count for something. On the other hand, this is a written medium and it would be nice if people would use the language correctly.

A frequently stated FT principle is: if you don't get the answer you want, call back and try again. Frequent reminders of this principle don't add a whole lot to this board (other than for those who don't read many posts or know how to search). A high signal to noise ratio has been regarded as a good thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.