Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Discussion re Point/Stay credit for SPG50 or Cash/Points Stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Discussion re Point/Stay credit for SPG50 or Cash/Points Stays

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2004, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Exclamation FAQ: Discussion re Point/Stay credit for SPG50 or Cash/Points Stays

I just completed a stay using an SPG50 certificate. I received no points for my stay, nor did I receive stay credit. Is this something new? I have received points for the paid portion of the room rate before when using a SPG50. I didnt know stay credit would not count either. It does not say that anywhere on the certificate.

Any thoughts?
Old Apr 11, 2004, 8:58 pm

It should count. Call customer service.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 9:02 pm

Yes. The stay counts and points are based on actual charges.

Question to anyone: if using SPG50 can I upgrade using points?
Old Apr 11, 2004, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I just got off the phone with customer service and they said they dont count. I figured she wasnt aware of what she as talking about as I too have earned credit for both before. I thought the rules may have changed.

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2004, 10:21 pm

Unhappy

Seems like Starwood has started not giving credit for stays in a variety of situations recently. What's going on? Have they published any of their 'new rules' anywhere?
Old Apr 12, 2004, 4:32 am

Programs: AA Gold; US Air Silver; Amtrak Select Plus; Starwood Platinum; UA 1K; Aeroflot Bonus
At which property did you stay? If it was a Sheraton Vacation Ownership property, that would explain the absence of a stay credit.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 6:50 am
Suspended

i've gotten credit for these stays on many, many occasions. unless spg posted new rules on the subject, i would fight it. instead of calling, maybe write a letter.

substitute lurker, please advise.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 8:10 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
When staying using an SPG50 certificate on an SPG50 rate, SPG members are eligible to receive Starpoint credit for room charges.

If you will send your missing stay information via the spg web site or fax to 512-836-4002, your stay information will be reviewed and if you stayed at a particpating Starwood Property at the SPG50 rate, you will receive Starpoint credit.

Also, while staying on SPG50 you can upgrade using points (subject to availabililty of course).

No rules have changed regarding the SPG50 rate and certificate. The representative that SkyTeam777 talked to was incorrect...sorry about that.

Regards,

Dave "the back-up Lurker"
Starwood Preferred Guest
Old Apr 12, 2004, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

When you say room charges does that include the portion of the room rate that I paid. It was a regular Sheraton property, not a Vacation ownership.

Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2004, 3:16 pm

Same exact thing happened to me SkyTeam777...

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=7180

After Ms Kaedling instructed me to fax in my folio I first phoned SPG Customer Service in an attempt to give them a "heads-up" that I was sending a fax to receive my *points for a SPG50 stay - the phone rep told me that SPG50 stays WERE NOT eligible for earning points for the room rate and furthermore they had never heard of FlyerTalk/William Sanders/Diana Kaedling. I did eventually get my deserved points after faxing in the folio but it's still extremely frustrating to deal with CSR's who have poor job knowledge.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SPG50 or AX SPG50 - do they earn points?

If I use an SPG50 or an Amex SPG50, do I still earn points on the rate? Also, if I'm getting 2 rooms, can I earn points for both rooms or is it only 1 room?

Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2004, 9:57 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
night credit and points are earned on SPG50 awards.

But strictly speaking by the T&C, you can only get points and stay credit for 1 room per night. Depending on how you set up the folio, and how the hotel handles point accrual, you might get credit by luck. But don't be upset if you don't.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 12:08 pm
Suspended

there were only 2 times that the SPG50 would have meant a slight savings for me. Each time I called the Plat desk to get rate info I was told 'NO POINTS or Stay CREDIT will be earned if I use the cert'.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 2:35 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by craz
there were only 2 times that the SPG50 would have meant a slight savings for me. Each time I called the Plat desk to get rate info I was told 'NO POINTS or Stay CREDIT will be earned if I use the cert'.
They were wrong. SPG50 stays earn stay credit and Starpoints.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jun 4, 2004, 3:13 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
I hope this doesn't upset anyone, but ......

hasn't this issue been covered over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?

There is an amazing little thing called the SEARCH button on the top of this screen that will shower an amazing wealth of info on this very topic on you should you opt to utilize it.

The SPG50 thing is so simple, yet there seems to be a world of confusing and mystery shrouding it......dunno why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.