Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Travel Related & Amex Centurion Bank

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2007, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Premier Gold, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, PriorityClub, Hyatt, SLH, UA, Delta, AA, JetBlue, SWA
Amex Travel Related & Amex Centurion Bank

Hello; I'd been a watching these post for some time and now I have a few questions that hopefully some more senior members can answer.

I currently have an Basic Green account. I was recently notified by Amex that they would transfer my account from Amex Travel Related Services Company Inc. to another issuer, Amex Centurion Bank (AECB).

My question is; Is there a diference? Should I care? What effect does this have on the Sign&Travel portion of the card?

Also, I have been thinking of applying for the Amex Preferred Rewards Gold Card but a CSR told me I might have to wait up to a year before I could be eligle for Sign&Travel and/or the Extended Payment Plan.

I also wanted to know if my MR points (I have 104,000 points) would automatically transfer to the new gold card without losing any points.

I know that these are a lot of diferent questions but I would appreciate an answer on these items.

Thanks Again.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 7:35 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The change from Travel Related Companies to Centurion Bank was recently discussed here, and is of no practical importance...

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664271

Points accumulate in a separate Membership Rewards account. You may have several cards linked to the same MR account, adding a new card will not affect the balance. In fact, your Green card will not be cancelled if you are approved for a Gold one, unless you specifically request.

Last edited by mia; Mar 13, 2007 at 6:43 am Reason: Repaired link
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Hey MIA- check that link again.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 6:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Thanks, I repaired the link.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Premier Gold, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, PriorityClub, Hyatt, SLH, UA, Delta, AA, JetBlue, SWA
Thanks Kennycrudup & Mia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.