A new card issuer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A new card issuer?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2007, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG gold; otherwise just base in everything so far, but learning!
A new card issuer?

I saw this article this morning. I wonder whether he will get anywhere with this, or whether the move may force other issuers to drop interchange fees. If that happens, maybe they'll be stingier with rewards?

http://businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnfl...ndex_companies

"A decade ago, America Online (TWX) co-founder Stephen Case helped bring the Internet to the masses. Now, he hopes to create a similar buzz with millions more consumers hungry for another product: credit. BusinessWeek has learned that Case's latest venture is a new payment system called GratisCard, which will use the Internet to lower transaction fees paid by retailers and, Case hopes, increase access to credit and debit cards for lower-income shoppers as well as consumers with bad credit."

fuzz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.