Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Bizarre hotel hallways

Bizarre hotel hallways

Old Mar 20, 2007, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: several
Bizarre hotel hallways

for those of use that spend half our lives in hotels, here's a pretty strange Blog site someone sent me today:

http://hotelhallways.blogspot.com/

weirdness!
Old Mar 20, 2007, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Way off topic for the AC Forum, let's share with the broader FT audience in the travelbuzz! forum

Sean
Moderator - AC/Aeroplan
Old Mar 20, 2007, 2:17 pm

I always thought the Hallways of the Brunswick in Glasgow were strange. Difference primary colors for each floor and these were retina burning reds, greens etc. It was strange for me anyway.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 4:29 pm

The House of Blues floor at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas is very... distinctive.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
The Wynn in Las Vegas has very long slightly curved hallways-with brightly patterned carpet and texured oxblood wallpaper-I fond it very disquieting for some reason.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 5:23 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
The Hudson Hotel in NYC. The walls, doors, ceilings and floors are all a weird brown / battleship gray. With small fluorescent lights over either the door or room number (to the side of the door...I forget). Still ~really~ dark. And a freaking maze of a hallway. Totally trendy...and totally a mess.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: several
The hotel hallway in the film "Pink Floyd - The Wall" during that Comfortably Numb segment. THAT has got to be the wildest.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 7:22 pm

I've been to a few Ws where the all-black hallways had their own distinctive "black hole" feel. In this case, it's the 'feel' that makes them distinctive. No one knows what they look like: too dark.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Perhaps someone should direct him to the Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, where a photograph of "Merv Griffin plus at least one other celebrity" adorns the hallways every ten to fifteen feet throughout the building.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 9:36 pm

Programs: Skyteam
OP trying increase traffic for his blog!
Old Mar 22, 2007, 1:49 am

Westin LAX gets my vote

Old Mar 22, 2007, 3:36 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, QF (currently some base metal), LH, Star Alliance, CSA
Some strange ones in North Africa - and I guess elsewhere as well - where the hallways are in darkness until you turn the lights on - switch indicated by faint red light, which gives you enough light to get to the next red switch before the lights go off again. Must save loads of electricity and the environment etc etc so probably a Good Thing.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:36 am
Suspended

The weirdest one I have ever personally been in was at one of the lower floors of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. It was just really, really long and straight, and strongly reminded me and my friends of The Shining.

Creepy.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
The Mayfair Hotel in MIA gets my vote.

I've heard they've toned down the interior of the rooms a bit, though.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA
This isn't about the hallway so much as the doors in the hallways of the Hotel National in Moscow near my room (didn't wander around so I'm not sure if this is true of every floor). Each room was reached by a short flight of steps from the hallway.

We'd arrived at something like 1AM local time and had an early meeting the next day. I was sad when the folks next to me were checking out veeeery early and weren't being particularly quiet. They threw open their door and then I heard the sound of someone falling down those steps.

Probably not nice of me, but I went back to sleep giggling to myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.