Search

Hey, the FA is from the safety video!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2007, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Hey, the FA is from the safety video!

Ok, so this is a strange observation of mine but here we go:

So there are three types of 757, right? The regular, the Overwater and the p.s. configuration. They show safety videos on all three, but on the 757-regular (and on the non-Ted A320 with video screens), there are two girls in the video. One has lighter hair and a sort of scratchy voice. The other has dark hair pulled back tight and a cute little snaggletooth.

Right? Ok. Well I have a huge crush on the second one. And today, she was my FA!

I went up after drink service and asked if it was her. She confirmed and lo and behold, she has a crush on me, too! ...

Ok, so that last part was too good to be true. But she was very cool and we chatted for a few minutes about travel and United and China and stuff. She has real pride in UA and is exceedingly good at her job. I mean she called everyone by name, and I got a freaking hot towel at the end of our 1h 7m flight!!!

I'm so in love!

PS: If you're reading this and you remember the geeky guy on the evening DEN-MCI who gave you a GTEM just for being cute, throw away that engagement ring and drop me a PM!
Old Apr 1, 2007, 10:35 pm

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
Puppy love is so cute!
Old Apr 1, 2007, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K,SPG Plat,
I mentioned to my wife how cute this FA is, and her response was that she looks like Eddie Munster. Now, that's all I can think of when I see her.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Okay, you all have now piqued my interest and for the first time in years, I will now pay close attention to the safety video on my next 75' departure...5 hours from now.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by avanpelt
Okay, you all have now piqued my interest and for the first time in years, I will now pay close attention to the safety video on my next 75' departure...5 hours from now.
Is this an April's fool joke?!
Old Apr 1, 2007, 11:03 pm

About a year ago I saw this FA at IAD...she was among a group of other FA's, yet really stood out by her elegant carriage. And yes, she was wearing a scarf, and her hair was very shiny and luxuriant, made up the same way as in the video. And her voice carried all throughout the hallway...btw, is that a Chicago accent she has? It is definitely upper Midwest, but it doesn't sound quite as Chicago as many of the GA's at ORD
Old Apr 1, 2007, 11:34 pm

Programs: The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the airlines I worked for.
You are referring to Anne (I won't mention her last name). She is also a FA Instructor at the Training Center. I believe she's still based in ORD.

She taught me last year right after finishing the taping of the new safety videos. Yes, a slight Chicago accent. I only wish she hadn't pulled her hair back so tightly for the video. She has beautiful hair, and while it does need to be secured up without any bands, bobby clips or ornamentation showing to be in compliance with uniform and appearance regulations, she usually wears it in a more relaxed and gorgeous style that is still 100% compliant.

Anne is an amazing FA, and an amazing teacher, too. This is often the the case amongst the FA Instructors. Fortunately she is willing to teach. Many of the really good FAs don't want to be away from the line for that long, while still others feel it's non-union-like to work at the Training Center (they sometimes will get chastised by their flying partners for doing it, as some AFA members in leadership in years past were against the idea from what I was told).

I'm so glad Anne was selected to do the safety video. Even though I resigned from UA, I still get to "see and hear her" every time I'm on the 757 (non p.s.).

Oh and before anyone asks, if you are a FA Instructor (this is considered to be on "special assignment"), you have to return to the line and fly every x number of months or you will begin losing seniority. Also, AFA FAs are not allowed to teach the (non-union) SIN or BKK trainees (well, they can but if they do they will lose one day of SW seniority for each day they teach them, because of AFAs bylaws). Fortunately, there are FAs from the SIN and BKK bases who taught for many years at the Training Center before these bases were closed. Several of them have been re-hired by UA and will be eligible to teach again when turnover makes that necessary.

Last edited by John26; Apr 1, 2007 at 11:42 pm
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
^ ^ ^ Props to you for talking to her Did you leave your number on the GTEM by any chance

Seriously, you did a lot better than I. Down in LA, I got a chance to meet the starting goalie for the US Women's Hockey team, who I've had a huge crush on since the winter Olympics last year. I got a chance to meet her and even take a picture with her, and of course my brain locks up and I can't even construct a whole sentence

So yeah, mad props!
Old Apr 2, 2007, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ButIsItArt
And yes, she was wearing a scarf, and her hair was very shiny and luxuriant, made up the same way as in the video.
Yep! Ohhh....

Originally Posted by John26
You are referring to Anne (I won't mention her last name). She is also a FA Instructor at the Training Center. I believe she's still based in ORD.
According to her name tag, it's Ann (not Anne) but yea. I got her last name, too, but obviously won't post it.

I also asked if she would be on this route again (normally I take the later DEN-MCI leg...) as I would've changed my regular schedule in an instant. Nope. Back to the training center she goes!

Originally Posted by FlyingBear
^ ^ ^ Props to you for talking to her Did you leave your number on the GTEM by any chance
Is what business cards with hastily scrawled goodbye notes on the back are for!
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:12 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by xj47
Originally Posted by John26
According to her name tag, it's Ann (not Anne) but yea. I got her last name, too, but obviously won't post it.
i'm gonna muddy the water and ask...are you sure it's not "angela". if it's who i think you are referring to, she's one of my "victims" and when chatting on our flight, she told me that she was one of the employees in the (at that time) upcoming new safety videos and yes she is an exepmplary example of professionalism ^.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xj47
They show safety videos on all three, but on the 757-regular (and on the non-Ted A320 with video screens), there are two girls in the video. One has lighter hair and a sort of scratchy voice. The other has dark hair pulled back tight and a cute little snaggletooth.
Just to double check, its the one here then?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UTplCzKOUoU

Her first cameo is around 30s in the video, if its the one I'm thinking of.

Last edited by FlyingBear; Apr 2, 2007 at 1:07 pm
Old Apr 2, 2007, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goalie
i'm gonna muddy the water and ask...are you sure it's not "angela". if it's who i think you are referring to, she's one of my "victims"
Not according to her name tag. Definitely could be her full name, but her tag clearly says "Ann Dxxxx"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UTplCzKOUoU Her first cameo is around 30s in the video, if its the one I'm thinking of.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think this really is an unhealthy obsession. Thanks for the call last night letting me know, although it sounds like you got very lucky since she rarely flies, it seems...
Old Apr 2, 2007, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I think this really is an unhealthy obsession. Thanks for the call last night letting me know, although it sounds like you got very lucky since she rarely flies, it seems...
GO TO SCHOOL!

or at least get on AIM
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:30 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UTplCzKOUoU

Her first cameo is around 30s in the video, if its the one I'm thinking of.
yup, that's her

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.