Search

Avis First Membership package arrives

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Avis First Membership package arrives

Well, the new card and package arrived. I expected to be underwhelmed, and I'm disappointed at how underwhelmed I am. Well, the card's pretty. (Is black the new Platinum?)

I love how the card features a Cadillac: a vehicle I haven't been upgraded to in a year or more. There are also pictures of a Buick SUV and something else I've never seen in an Avis lot.

Four paragraphs of fine print. None of them mentions if the free weekend rentals are good in NYC. I can't wait to hear the first rant when someone finds out. Note: this is my expectation, not a known fact.

Nothing else in the package that we don't already know.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Have not received my packet yet (it might be in the mailbox waiting for my return), but from the coupon's Terms & Conditions:
" Offer valid at participating Avis locations in the U.S. (excluding the NY Metro area), Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands."

Yeah, I've never received a Caddy either, but I did get a Buick SUV (Rendevous) in Philly once.

As I mentioned in another post, it surprisingly allowed me to book a Labor Day rental and use the new coupon. I know the coupons from the previous free weekend rentals (when you rented 5+ days during the promo) were extremely selective on which weekend you could use them. The trick around them was just calling to make a reservation & they'd deny you using the coupon because it was blacked out. Then just show up at Avis & give them the coupon at the desk. It worked a few times for me (obviously at non-NYC locations)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.