Honolulu Do-lu: Tuesday, May 29

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honolulu Do-lu: Tuesday, May 29

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2007, 2:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, HawaiianMiles, Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage; HHonors
Can I up the ante to lucky #8 for the reservation?

Originally Posted by kaukau
Kay, den. We're up to seven. Don't be shy. A fun time is guaranteed!
I've lived here awhile, but haven't made it to "The Top of Waikiki" yet! Everyone from FT sounds so friendly (and akamai!) that I'd have met you all at Zippy's, if that were the suggestion! I am really looking forward to making some new friends that love to travel.

I'm sure there are more flyin' Hawaiians looking for an excuse to go into Waikiki! Ok, maybe not, but come out and meet up with us anyway! I'm out of my FT lurking mode, so now I want to meet you all!

(Sorry I wasn't paying more attention and missed out on Buzz's! )
Old May 20, 2007, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Aloha AQAMan! Howzit!?

Reservation is now for 8! See you Tuesday the 29th!!!
Old May 22, 2007, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Premier
Make it 9?

Please up the reservation to 9.
Old May 22, 2007, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Foady
Please up the reservation to 9.
9 it is, Foady! Outstanding!!! See you next Tuesday!

A hui ho!

kaukau

(Posted from the Las Vegas Club, Fremont St.: hangin' with FTers MrpAlert and mitchell!)

Last edited by kaukau; May 22, 2007 at 11:53 pm
Old May 23, 2007, 12:11 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE

Gosh! I will happen to be in HNL on the 29th. Woud be happy (to say the least) to meet up with some FTers at that stopover.

Will investigate this thread tomorrow (since it's late here in MN) and see if I can join you.

Of course, I'm hoping to get bumped on my very full flight, so this may not work out! But either option would be great!!!!

So.

I skimmed the thread quickly. But never did discover the location of the "do". If I can make it, where and when will it be again? Apparently, the "top of Waikiki, but as a stranger, I have no idea where thst is.

Last edited by rtarbuck; May 23, 2007 at 12:38 am Reason: Slow
Old May 23, 2007, 2:45 am

Top of Waikiki
The Revolving Restaurant with a View
21st Floor, Waikiki Business Plaza
2270 Kalakaua Ave.
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815
Phone: 808.923.3877
Old May 23, 2007, 10:14 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
HNL Do

If I don't get bumped I will be there!

^ ^
Old May 23, 2007, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rtarbuck
If I don't get bumped I will be there!

^ ^
Aloha, rtarbuck!

The reservation is now for "kaukau, party of 10."

This is gonna' be good!

http://www.topofwaikiki.com/contact.html

Last edited by kaukau; May 23, 2007 at 1:31 pm
Old May 26, 2007, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Mrs B and I can't wait to meet you; it will be our most social event to date on the trip, a real highlight for us and hopefully for you. ^
It has been good to meet some FTers already, and we almost met some more of you except for intervening circumstances.

The party at our places at the Hilton Kauai Beach stands - so PM me, quick-smart!
Heathriel and Mr H will hopefully be here for it too - just met them between Mai Tais at the pool and nibbles at the Lounge!
Old May 28, 2007, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Last Call!!!!

Originally Posted by BiziBB
Mrs B and I can't wait to meet you; it will be our most social event to date on the trip, a real highlight for us and hopefully for you. ^
Last call for the BiziBB Honolulu DO-lu tomorrow night, 6:30pm, Top Of Waikiki restaurant, 2270 Kalakaua Ave., Waikiki; 10 guests confirmed; reservation under "kaukau, party of 10." Last Call!!!

http://www.topofwaikiki.com/about.html
Old May 30, 2007, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Sorry I couldn't make it tonight. By the time I got home from work, it was already 7:30. Loong day. Time to put this day out of its misery.

Hope you guys had fun, and took pictures!
Old May 30, 2007, 1:43 am

Omg

Me too... I didn't get home until 9 pm. Sorry.

Hope you had a great dinner!
Old May 30, 2007, 2:55 am

Programs: UA
I'm probably the first one to get to a computer post-Do

A very nice location and the food was good! Thank you for putting it together, Kaukau! Very nice to meet all y'all!

We did get our official portraits done as well and it will get posted somewhere, sometime!

Me ke aloha!
Old May 30, 2007, 6:58 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by Owlchick
...A very nice location and the food was good! Thank you for putting it together, Kaukau! Very nice to meet all y'all!

We did get our official portraits done as well and it will get posted somewhere, sometime!

Me ke aloha!
We are looking forward to the portaits and more detailed reports of debauchery! (once sobriety returns)
Old May 30, 2007, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, HawaiianMiles, Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage; HHonors
Thumbs up This is why we call it "Oahu" - The Gathering Place!

A warm aloha to all who attended last night's Honolulu Do-lu at The Top of Waikiki ... and those of you who were there "in spirit"! It was a great time and a great introduction - for me - to that most unique FTer experience: the "Do"! I hope to enjoy many more in the years to come, with a good number of them in yet undiscovered (by me!) "corners" of the globe - like Fremantle?!

Mahalos, of course, to Kaukau, but also to the rest of us for finding our way thru the Waikiki jungle/maze and thru our tangled itineraries (jobs?) if only to gather for a short time and share some laughs with friends "old and new"... it was definately worth it! (Who would have guessed they had such free and easy parking?)

OK, the revolving tropical oceanscape/cityscape/mountainscape scenery, Mai Tai's, and ono grinds could probably have been entertaining enuf for those of you sitting in the rain somewhere today, but I truthfully did enjoy the conversation and the chance to see some of "Who we are"! If you've never been [to a Do], I would highly recommend it!

So, now I've got a couple of Honolulu Do-lu pictures scanned to share, if someone would kindly share with me how to post them...

What's the easiest way on Flyer Talk to share pics? Come to think of it, with all of the posts I've been reading in the last few months, I've only now noticed that there are never any pictures ... or are there? (Since I skipped that time-waster called "sleep" last night, I could be missing something obvious here...)

For the record, we were 9 strong last night, but I'll bet I'm not the only one "weak" today! 3 couples ... and 3 other folks who appeared, at least at the time, "un-coupled" (that be me!) Mr & Mrs BiziBB and rtarbuck were more or less "guests" at the gathering while Mr & Mrs Kaukau, Mr & Mrs Ripper3785, and myself represented the "modern" 808 state, (I doubt any of us would apply the term "local") Owlchick is actually the most local, but she seems to call Cali home now, I think...

Someone pleez tell me about pics so I can post!

Ahui ho!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.