Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Big DING! April 15, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN:No status in 2015; UA:1K long gone (1995-2003).
Big DING! Sale tomorrow (Sunday, April 15) ????

The Ding that just showed up includes the following promotional blurb:

Psst, Tell your friends to download DING! today. Tomorrow is gonna be a big one.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:02 am

Programs: WN DL UA AA CO US FL BA, PC Plat
Big DING! April 15, 2007

Just in time for the traditional tax filing deadline date ^
Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:35 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by Nevada1K
The Ding that just showed up includes the following promotional blurb:
Yeah... I see it too. Anyone have an idea of what it might be?
Old Apr 14, 2007, 12:13 pm

I just saw it! Cool!
Old Apr 14, 2007, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
My DING! said NOTHING about tomorrow!
Old Apr 14, 2007, 3:17 pm

I've tried to download Ding since I read this on another board, and can't get it to work.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 3:27 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by formeraa
My DING! said NOTHING about tomorrow!
Some cities have this announcement, some don't. Try adding some cities.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 4:17 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I got the message on my DING. I hope the big DING will be something like good fares with double credits or something, rather than every thousandth person winning a free trip or something (I'll change my tune if I'm that thousandth person of course)
Old Apr 14, 2007, 8:08 pm

I installed DING but I dont know what else to do. Nothing is showing up or anything. Did I do something wrong?
Old Apr 14, 2007, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Originally Posted by rasenganx
I installed DING but I dont know what else to do. Nothing is showing up or anything. Did I do something wrong?
You should see the Southwest airline tail in the system tray, if loaded. Then check tomorrow, when you see a small envelope on the tail (and hear the DING).

I also got the BIG DING message alert this am, so will see tomorrow. My guess is a few very good fares (about 20% off Internet Fares), but probably to only 30% of their cities. But just a guess. Or maybe extend the DINGs to later dates.??
Old Apr 14, 2007, 10:27 pm

Programs: WN CP/AL, UA 1P, PC Plat, AA, DL, US, AK, HH, MR, OH, LQ, RD (thanks GSA City-Pair Prog/DTS)
If the WN tail doesn't show up in your system tray (on the bottom right by the clock), you should check to see if a "Southwest Airlines" folder shows up in your "Programs". If so, click on the "DING!" program and run it. That should put the tail in the system tray. If that doesn't work, try using CTRL + ALT + DEL to bring up the "Task Manager", and in the "Processes" tab, see if "Ding.exe" is there. If so, click on it and hit "End Processes". After that, go back to "Programs" and run "Ding!".
I hope this helps.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 12:53 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Its about 3am EST on April 15 and I was wondering what the big secret could be. I went to Southwest's blog and found some info at http://www.blogsouthwest.com/2007/04...ve-some-money/

Here’s a heads-up to our blog readers. If you have DING! downloaded by Sunday, you will have a chance at some awesome low fares available on some flights into and out of Denver, Baltimore/Washington, and Chicago Midway, plus possibly within some other markets. Once these fares post, you will have 12 hours to purchase.
I have BWI and MDW on my list of cities so I can see why I got the alert for the special deals. I'd be interested in some rock bottom fares to BWI since I got targetted with double credits but have no reason to go there other than segment runs
Old Apr 15, 2007, 1:39 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by pitflyer
I have BWI and MDW on my list of cities so I can see why I got the alert for the special deals. I'd be interested in some rock bottom fares to BWI since I got targetted with double credits but have no reason to go there other than segment runs
I am SAN and still waiting!!
Old Apr 15, 2007, 2:06 am

K thanks It was working but nothing was happening so I thought something was wrong.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 7:38 am

Programs: WN CP
The DING offers are coming at 10AM EDT/7AM PDT (about 20 minutes away). Looks like $25/$50 fares. The headlines are:

"It's on! Click here and fly for only $25! Purchase today by 9:00 PM CDT."

"It's unbelievable how far you can fly for $50! Purchase today by 9:00 PM CDT."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.