Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arriving F passenger refused entry to F lounge in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2007, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Arriving F passenger refused entry to F lounge in FRA

Yesterday, my friend was flight IAD-FRA on LH in first class, followed by FRA-LHR in J on LH as well.
As far as I understand the rules, passengers arriving in F and continuing on LH have the right to acces the F lounge independently of the COS of the connecting flight. Is that correct?
Should he write a complaint to LH?
What are you guys' experience in this matter?
Old Apr 16, 2007, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Yep, full access to the FCLs and FCT as long as the flights are on the same day.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 9:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Yesterday, my friend was flight IAD-FRA on LH in first class
Was it LH metal or LH code on UA metal? If the latter, no access.

(Sorry to ask this - I don't think you don't know what a code share is, but your friend might not know. My colleague still says that LH has bad service, dirty planes and lost her luggage. The trip was FRA-PHL-DCA, I'll let you guess the actual operating carrier.)

SmilingBoy.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Was it LH metal or LH code on UA metal? If the latter, no access.

(Sorry to ask this - I don't think you don't know what a code share is, but your friend might not know. My colleague still says that LH has bad service, dirty planes and lost her luggage. The trip was FRA-PHL-DCA, I'll let you guess the actual operating carrier.)

SmilingBoy.
It was LH419 operated by LH, so no issue there! Seat 83C... I don't think UA has such a seat
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:16 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
It was LH419 operated by LH, so no issue there! Seat 83C... I don't think UA has such a seat
Did he show the red 83C BP, or the departure BP only?

If he indeed had the red BP and was not allowed entrance into the FCL by FCL stuff (departure flight doesn't matter in this case) this was a breach of the rules and he should write a letter of complaint.

If he didn't show the red BP or was declined to pass a way to the FCL by FRAport stuff (which can easily happen in FRA), then there is nothing to complain with LH.

In the described situation he could have even used the FCT (departure on LH metal to LHR, COS doesn't matter, LH has no J btw).
Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland

If he indeed had the red BP and was not allowed entrance into the FCL by FCL stuff (departure flight doesn't matter in this case) this was a breach of the rules and he should write a letter of complaint.

If he didn't show the red BP or was declined to pass a way to the FCL by FRAport stuff (which can easily happen in FRA), then there is nothing to complain with LH.

In the described situation he could have even used the FCT (departure on LH metal to LHR, COS doesn't matter, LH has no J btw).
Agree, but doesn't the connecting BP says "FCL" on it to indicate that the travelers is FCL/FCT eligible?
Old Apr 17, 2007, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland

Right... Whenever I've landed in FRA, I've only had to pull the red BP out of my pocket before the agent was on the phone to get the van to pick me up to take me to the FCT.

I'd be very surprised if there was an agent who saw the red BP and would deny calling the van for whatever reason. I flat out disbelieve that any of the FCT staff would have denied access if the OP found their way to the FCT on their own.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Agree, but doesn't the connecting BP says "FCL" on it to indicate that the travelers is FCL/FCT eligible?
I haven't noticed that before, so *maybe*...
Old Apr 17, 2007, 12:58 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
FCI is on connecting BP of LH long haul First Class pax.
(maybe not on HON member BPs, but on all others in my experience).
Old Apr 17, 2007, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
(maybe not on HON member BPs, but on all others in my experience).
I am not sure that it is on a SENs BP either
Old Apr 17, 2007, 2:47 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
I just checked my connecting Swiss boarding card, the flight immediately following a transatlantic LH F flight, with both boarding passes issued by LH. It says nothing on it about FCT.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I don't have my passport case handy, but I believe BJ is right: my "onward" LH-issued BPs after a LH F flight have included "FCI" on them.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 4:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
My LOT issued BP did not have anything mentioning FCT/FCL on them.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
My LOT issued BP did not have anything mentioning FCT/FCL on them.
My LH issued ones (FRA, LHR & BOS) don't have it either. Does it go where the status usually goes? That would explain why it might only show for non-status pax?
Old Apr 17, 2007, 9:05 pm

Programs: All the best ones.
FCI or FCL I've seen LH print "IFC" on C-class cxns BP's with a F-class ticket. Whatever, the friend should have shown the whole ticket to the lounge dragon. I would expect LH to offer compensation, if they find themselves at fault.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.