Wiki Posts
Search

Ride Report - 2007 Jeep Liberty

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2007, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Ride Report - 2007 Jeep Liberty

Got my pick of any of the American compact Suv's at RIC for an upgrade. Took the Liberty over the 07 Escape or 07 Equinox/Torrent. I am a "jeep guy" and havent seen to many on the Hertz lots so I took it.

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4 - Jeep.com

It was a standard 4x4 Sport Model with a few options like cruise, Sirius, and side air bags. MSRP - $25,610

Powertrain : The Liberty has one engine and that is the 3.7L V6. It has 210 HP and 230 ft./lbs. of torque. Comes with a decent 4 spd auto tranny. The engine got up and went when I needed it but still felt a but under powered and heavy. The MPG was OK and I averaged 19MPG with a 80/20 highway/city split. Not that great for a renter SUV for trip driving but if you needed a compact SUV that can pull 5,000lbs the others wount be able to do that

Grade : C

Ride and Handling : The Liberty had nice tight steering and handled on par with the competition. Brakes were not that great for a small SUV. Great Highway driver though. Luck enough to take it for some mild off roading and it did great. It would trounce any Ford or GM that tried to take it on in that dept. but most of us dont take our renters up and down a trail.

Grade : B

Interior : The interior is not a strong point of this Jeep. Did not like the layout and the placement of the center armrest. It was to far back and could not lean on it comfortably. Also not a fan of the window buttons in the middle of the car. That should be on the driver door so the passengers dont have a say! Seats were very comfortable for me and drove it 3 hour stents. Did have all the creature comforts of cruise, power windows, locks, mirrors, and seats. Had a standard radio with single CD and was pretty good for a base radio. Sirius was in this one which was a nice thing to make up for the pitfalls.

Grade : D

Exterior : Little bit funky looking front end. It has grown on me though. I think the outside looks overall are great. Looks tough in a crowd of car based small Suv's and backs it up. The swing out back door is a pain if someone parked behind you. The doors are nice and easy to open with the pull out handles.

Grade : A

Other Stuff : The key with the integrated buttons is way to huge. Make it a switchblade or a key and remote will do. The high beams are crap! It needs a to have a low and high kit or something to make them bright enough.

I give it a B-. Nice to still see a truck based SUV for the people that just need a small SUV but can still pull 5,000lbs. and get through the rough stuff.

Pros
Capabilities - Towing and Trail
Good Ride
Good looks

Cons
Gas Mileage for a compact SUV
Funky interior and cheap too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.