Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas • Wednesday • 2 May 2007 • 7:00PM Swish! Shabu Shabu Restaurant

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2007, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
Las Vegas • Wednesday • 2 May 2007 • 7:00PM Swish! Shabu Shabu Restaurant

The sociable Las Vegas FTers are at "it" again. Please join in at the funnest shabu shabu restaurant in Las Vegas! Review In keeping with the progressive Las Vegas FT spirit, the downtown FTers will be hybrid car pooling. We'll happily retrieve visitors from your hotel to and from the restaurant. After dinner entertainment is optional.

Swish Shabu Shabu Restaurant • 7875 Sahara Ave. # 105 (near Buffalo) • 702-870-7947

Confirmed:
Sunnyhere
kaukau
(the lovely)Mrs kaukau
debua1k
(the tall, handsome) Mr debua1k
MrpAlert

Dancing with Idea:
NerveEnding

Californicating:
juran
Old Apr 24, 2007, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Illinois Residents:

Illinois FTers presenting a valid, government issued ID, with an Illinois address will have their meal comped by the host. The restaurant has assured me vegetarian dining is very doable.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 10:17 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (probably driving while typing: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

The 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Marty-Mobile will depart downtown Las Vegas at 630pm. An optional stopover at the strip is available. Please pm me for fares (drink chits accepted) and availability (room for 3-4 adults).
Don't miss out-this place is awesome!
Old Apr 27, 2007, 1:07 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Wirelessly posted (probably driving while typing: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

The 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Marty-Mobile will depart downtown Las Vegas at 630pm. An optional stopover at the strip is available. Please pm me for fares (drink chits accepted) and availability (room for 3-4 adults).
Don't miss out-this place is awesome!
For those of you who missed last week's 2 DO's 2, here's another chance. You're invited to enjoy some exotic Shabu Shabu, in the company of some fun and amiable FTers. Come one, come all!!!
Old Apr 27, 2007, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by Sunnyhere; Apr 29, 2007 at 10:25 pm
Old Apr 28, 2007, 10:17 am

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
The 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Mr and Mrs debua1k-Mobile will depart from near the airport at 615pm. Anyone needing a ride, please PM me and we can come get you... We accept all forms of sushi as compensation. teehee
Old Apr 28, 2007, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by debua1k
... We accept all forms of sushi as compensation. teehee
Maji de? Natto maki???
Old Apr 28, 2007, 7:47 pm

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Sunnyhere
Maji de? Natto maki???
hmmmmmmmmmm how bout a california roll??? teehee... JK
Old Apr 29, 2007, 12:20 am

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Californicating:
juran
Do I qualify for this category? Eh, just curious.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 1:29 pm

The sociable Las Vegas FTers are at "it" again. Please join in at the funnest shabu shabu restaurant in Las Vegas! Review In keeping with the progressive Las Vegas FT spirit, the downtown FTers will be hybrid car pooling. We'll happily retrieve visitors from your hotel to and from the restaurant. After dinner entertainment is optional.

Swish Shabu Shabu Restaurant • 7875 Sahara Ave. # 105 (near Buffalo) • 702-870-7947
OK - We're getting ready to depart JHM, bound for LAS; looking forward to the DO: please join us!!!
Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaukau
OK - We're getting ready to depart JHM, bound for LAS; looking forward to the DO: please join us!!!
It seems like you were just here!
Old May 1, 2007, 5:16 pm

We were! And we're back!

Last call for tomorrow's Shabu Shabu DO: the food's de-lish!
Old May 3, 2007, 2:51 am

And what a delicious Do it was! Thanks to MrpAlert, sunnyhere, DebUA 1k and the rest for sharing this spectacular and exotic dining experience with us. See you in 3 weeks!!! L:et's come up with another great DO venue!
Old May 3, 2007, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
How was the restaurant? I looked it up and it sounds good...
Old May 4, 2007, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xyzzy
How was the restaurant? I looked it up and it sounds good...
It seems the sukiyaki was more popular than the shabu shabu. The mushrooms were wildly popular. I'm posting from the Juyoh Hotel, in Tokyo. In front of me is a low budget travel business flyer. Let me quote...
Sukiyaki Party in Japanese house; serving no later than 7pm. You know sukiyaki is our authentic delicious dish but only expensive. If you have one at a restaurant, it will cost 5000JPY or more. Thats why we, Japanese prepare it at home. Would you still like it at restaurant or our home? Sukiyaki, Tempura, Susi all together, on 3500JPY
I am especially interested in enjoying Susi!

Anyway, I sensed a desire for more self cooking, so I'm tossing around the idea of a FT dinner at my favorite Korean Table barbecue restaurant, in the Commercial Center on East Sahara. The name escapes me, I will have to put my thinking cap on. One thing can be guaranteed, if you like spicey food, you won't be disappointed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.