Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone experience of asiarooms.com

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2007, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone experience of asiarooms.com

I hope that I am posting this question in the right place and hope that this isn't breaking any forum rules...

I have a quote for the 4 nights at the Ritz Carlton in Dubai in early August from asiarooms.com that is £150 cheaper than booking through airline-network.co.uk and almost £250 cheaper than booking direct with the Ritz Carlton. Seems like a GREAT saving, but have seen quite a few conflicting reviews about asiarooms.com. Anyone here got any experiences of booking with them?

Thanks,
Boo
Old May 10, 2007, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver & Hilton Diamond
Duplicate!
Old May 10, 2007, 2:00 pm

I used them back in February to book the Hyatt in Sao Paulo and the Sheraton in Buenos Aires. I first booked Sao Paulo and I received the email in about 4 hours to say it was confirmed. However when booking the hotel in Buenos Aires they got back to me the next day to say the Sheraton was not available and offered an alternative, the 725 at the same rate. Upon arrival all was well and even got an upgrade at the 725 which was a bonus. All in all a very positive experience and would definitely recommend.

They do seem to have good rates for Dubai. A friend used them to book the Jebel Ali resort and I am having a hard time trying to find a better rate for the Mina A' Salam. ^

Last edited by World Traveller; May 10, 2007 at 3:24 pm
Old May 10, 2007, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Used them to book a room in SYD last year from the States, pricing was competitive and properties were accurately represented. No problems. I'd do it again.
Old May 10, 2007, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
We used them in Nairobi for our first night before our safari. Very good, would definitely use them again!
Old May 10, 2007, 8:21 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Have used them various times. They do indeed have some very good rates in a lot of destinations. The only time i've had a problem with them is when i booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express in HKG for a client, only to have the client show up at the hotel and then told that there was no reservation. Seems they made an error in the dates, and wanted us to pay the prevailling rate and not the confirmed rates. A few calls later, had the problem sorted out. Would use again.
Old May 10, 2007, 9:33 pm

I've used them with varying success. A few things to consider:
  • The hotel reservations are not immediately confirmed...you must put in a request and wait for them to email you back
  • Rooms are not always available--I often get told that the room is not available at all, not available for X price but is for Y, or smoking vs nonsmoking room or such may be the only thing left.
  • I sometimes have needed to try 3-4 hotels before having confirmed reservations
  • Make sure you confirm with the hotel the reservation at the agreed price.
  • Make sure you bring the "certificate" indicating the name on the reservation (it often won't be yours but rather a company name--the consolidator)
  • Despite what the rules say, I would assume that all reservations are strictly non-changeable, no-cancelations. You may get lucky but don't count on it. I've had 4-5* hotels refuse to work with me when arriving late due to plane delays!

I really like asiarooms as the prices can't be beat. I've tried negotiating similar prices directly with a few hotels with zero success. It isn't your typical site and has a good niche. Just make sure you are aware of what you're getting into and you're willing to take the "risk."
Old May 10, 2007, 10:06 pm

Programs: Many
FTer myfrogger's experience is generally consistent with my own.

I've used them for the last 2 or 3 years with success.

You need to check multiple sites although generally asiarooms and asiatravel have been excellent for my use, which is primarily Singapore, Malaysia and to a lesser extent Thailand and Vietnam. I can't speak for how they are for other countries.

I suggest in one's research balancing asiarooms against asiatravel and directrooms, then for good measure checking sites such as circleofasia, planetholiday, passionasia, etc.

Tripadvisor is a good source of reviews IME, although you need to weed through them and pick out and as necessary discount comments from either infrequent travellers, people that are obviously inexperienced with travel in Asia, etc.

Last edited by unagi1; May 10, 2007 at 10:09 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 10, 2007, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
There has been few threads on this issue before. It might be beneficial to merge the threads.

I have tried to use them several times but they have not been able to confirm my reservation. It is unfortunate that you cannot use them to pricematch against hotels own sites because of the certificate requirement and that the availability is not instantaneously confirmed.
Old May 11, 2007, 6:16 pm

Am I correct in thinking that hotels booked through asiarooms.com or the like are illegible for hotel program points.
Old May 11, 2007, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by World Traveller
Am I correct in thinking that hotels booked through asiarooms.com or the like are illegible for hotel program points.
I don't if they're illegible, but they are ineligible.
Old May 13, 2007, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much everyone

I have decided to give asiarooms.com a go... so have put a reservation request in and waiting for a reply. Will see what they come back with

Best Wishes,
Boo
Old May 14, 2007, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Just to confirm that my reservation was confirmed by www.asiarooms.com. They stuck to the quoted rate of £760 for 4 nights in a Club Room at the Dubai Ritz Carlton (for August). This was £150 cheaper than the second lowest quote I had and almost £250 cheaper than booking direct. So fingers crossed everything will go smoothly

Thanks for your advice and sharing your experiences

Boo
Old May 15, 2007, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Boo Boo Too
So fingers crossed everything will go smoothly.
That seems like a really good rate. Very cool.

IIRC when I used asiarooms I was emailed a confirmation doc that I had to present on arrival at the hotel, and they were indeed pretty keen to see it, so be sure and bring it with. If nothing else it confirms the rate and prepayment.
Old May 15, 2007, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BearX220
That seems like a really good rate. Very cool.

IIRC when I used asiarooms I was emailed a confirmation doc that I had to present on arrival at the hotel, and they were indeed pretty keen to see it, so be sure and bring it with. If nothing else it confirms the rate and prepayment.
Thank you very much, BearX220. Yes, they sent me an email with a sort of "voucher" that I need to print and take with me. I will definitely print the voucher and other confirmation/invoice etc and take it with me ^

Thanks

Boo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.