Search

Money-no-object Bali advice?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2007, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Money-no-object Bali advice?

Sorry, couldn't find a thread that consolidated info. A coworker is looking to take a trip to Bali and has told me that money is no object for the hotel. They want to be on the water is the only restriction. I suggested the Four Seasons in Jimbaran or one of the Amans (can't remember which is which). They asked about the Bulgari, but my impression is that this isn't near water, or at least not really a beach. In any case, they are focused on Nusa Dua or Jimbaran, but all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
Mike
Old May 14, 2007, 8:48 am

While not the the very most expensive, I am fond of the Oberoi. The service is near perfection, and it has a feel suggestive of having grown into the landscape that is very relaxing. Super food, pool, and beach.

Book through the Amex FHR or LHW LC plan to get upgrades and free breakfasts.

I strongly recommend that your friend not spend all of his time at the beach. The most interesting things are inland and the drive from the Southern Beaches is unpleasant.
Old May 14, 2007, 11:04 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by mikeef
Sorry, couldn't find a thread that consolidated info. A coworker is looking to take a trip to Bali and has told me that money is no object for the hotel. They want to be on the water is the only restriction. I suggested the Four Seasons in Jimbaran or one of the Amans (can't remember which is which). They asked about the Bulgari, but my impression is that this isn't near water, or at least not really a beach. In any case, they are focused on Nusa Dua or Jimbaran, but all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
Mike
Water meaning beach or river/lake would do it?

The Bulgari is on top of a cliff. With access to the beach via a TRAM/Gondola, whatever you call it. tfung posted his experience there.
Old May 14, 2007, 12:07 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The Laguna Nusa Dua has 4 spectacular suites which are perfect if money is no object and you don't mind being in a merely 5-star hotel with butler service. These 4 suites cost 10x the regular room rate but are worth it, face the ocean and are very private as well as lavishly furnished. Nicer than the best suites at any of the Amans or FS; however the rest of the hotel, while very nice, is less exclusive and has a touch of being a Hawaiian resort. The Laguna does have acres of (concrete) lagoons, which is great for swimming, better than any of the other hotels in Bali.
Old May 14, 2007, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by MACH81
Water meaning beach or river/lake would do it?

I think we're going for beach/ocean.

Mike
Old May 14, 2007, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

define money is no object..

Amankila = $1100-$2800 for suite with pool

RC and Bvlgari are others you might consider, topping at about $1500 and $5000 respectively, IIRC. one thing that is unclear is what the view is like (especially from pool) at the Bvlgari's top suite.

personally when i go to Bali i'm more interested in these villas (6BR from $780) >

http://www.shalimarvilla.com/ beach
http://www.lagencliff.com/ cliff

and if money is no object you can get a MUCH better one, RIGHT on the beach, with a full staff.

are the pools in the 3 luxury suites at Laguna Nusa Dua like the IC Bali, where they are in a garden with no view? personally i really dislike that. OTOH being a starwood means i might go for one at some point, considering all the points you can earn

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 14, 2007 at 4:22 pm
Old May 14, 2007, 4:16 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Love the title of the thread and wish it was my concern. IC Bali Imperial Villa is local style, best immigration service and airport transportation they have. Never a hassle. IC has decent beach, but not very private.

Amankila and FS Sayan and maybe Amandari I would try if money was no object.
Old May 14, 2007, 4:29 pm

The two bed amankila suite is stunning (I am allowing for the second bedroom not being used as...money no object) and it is ocean front.

A pool suite at Amanusa (Nusa Dua) with ocean views (they have buggies to take you to the well serviced beach club.)

The Royal Villa at the four seasons Jimbaran, villa 100 (second bedroom also going to waste).

I agree though, if time allows, they should visit inland Bali and choose a riverview villa at Amandari.
Old May 14, 2007, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does it need to be a hotel? Why not rent a villa with the works.......?
Old May 14, 2007, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amankila suite is not directly on the beach is it?

and does Amanpuri have beachfront villas?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 14, 2007 at 4:47 pm
Old May 14, 2007, 4:37 pm

Correct kagehitokiri, it is ocean front with amazing views, not beachfront (nor are any villas at Amanusa), such standards, its tough going to Bali without a budget !
Old May 14, 2007, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Paul do you know about Amanpuri's villas though? (just curious, even though not applicable to OP's quesiton)
Old May 14, 2007, 5:52 pm

Kagehitokiri, I have stayed at a 3 bed garden villa. Stunning. There are sea views but obviously not oceanfront. The terrace in front of the pool had a nice seaview above the oceanfront villas below. service was perfect with a butler and a chef to cook should you choose to dine in.
Old May 15, 2007, 12:35 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by mikeef
They want to be on the water is the only restriction.
Thanks!
Mike
By "on the water", they don't mean like in the Maldives do they (i.e. built on stilts)? If they do, I doubt they will find anywhere in Bali. I think the nearest place to Bali that does "on the water" is Pangkor Laut in Malaysia...quite a walk from Nusa Dua.
Old May 15, 2007, 2:47 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Other suggestion for secluded beachfront luxury:

A villa at the Four Seasons Langkawi, complete with pool and beach.

I would not want to stay at the Amanusa which has quite a few villas and the pool overlooking the 17th fairway of Nusa Dua Golf course. The ocean is quite far away. Not a spectacular view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.