Wiki Posts
Search

2000th Post Dedicated to CO Insider

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2007, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Thumbs up 2000th Post Dedicated to CO Insider

I don't remember when I joined FT or what I started posting about on CO years ago. But whatever/whenever that was, I'm surprised to see that this amounts to my 2000th post. Over the years I've been posting here, I've made many friends ...and have gained a greater appreciation for the travel industry I so much enjoy... Continental Airlines included.

While I have real respect for this community, I have special respect to Continental Airlines ...and their move to put Scott aka CO Insider here. This shows that the carrier has just as much passion to embrace the flying public as we do of it. And for that I am greatful.

So while many have posted more than 2,000 here ...and many more less than that, it's reassuring to know that regardless of the post count, there's a lot of people here who are passionate and dedicated to making air travel better.

So cheers to the community ...and cheers to CO Insider for making these forums an invaluable community of sharing tips, insights, and knowledge into the wonderful world of travel ...and of Continental! ^ ^ ^
Old May 22, 2007, 9:55 pm

Programs: CO Gold
Well said! I'll take this chance to support your dedication and dedicate my 170th post to Scott as well.

Last edited by familyflier; May 22, 2007 at 9:55 pm Reason: Changing 169th to 170th
Old May 22, 2007, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I agree completely. I was so impressed that Scott flew all the way to NYC for the mini-do this past January. If Larry had known how great the food was at Sammy's maybe he would have come, too.

I'm only at a bit over 500 posts but I am addicted. The expertise and the sharing on these forums are amazing. Off to LGW on Friday on the MSP-LGW mstake fare (sorry, Scott) got my upgrades in both directions.

Cheers
Old May 23, 2007, 6:47 am

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
congrats on your 2000th.
COInsider has been more than helpful. You couldn't have chosen a better or more worthy subject. ^
Old May 23, 2007, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Agreed. It's important to recognize that not only did CO put someone on here, but CO Insider is a high up individual with CO's management team.

This is great, because he's both very in tune with what's going on from an organization level, and he's also empowered to address issues that come up.

Thanks for your participation, Scott!
Old May 23, 2007, 7:25 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Congrats, Weatherboy and thanks for the excellent post with which I agree wholeheartedly! ^
Old May 23, 2007, 7:28 am

Programs: UA MM
Thumbs up I dedicate my 329th post to....

I dedicate my 329th post to beer. ^ ^ ^ ^

What would we do without it?
Old May 23, 2007, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by channa
Thanks for your participation, Scott!
Agreed. We are lucky to have Scott around here. He does a fantastic job which is, I'm sure, in addition to his primary duties.
Old May 23, 2007, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
So cheers to the community ...and cheers to CO Insider for making these forums an invaluable community of sharing tips, insights, and knowledge into the wonderful world of travel ...and of Continental! ^ ^ ^
^ ^
Old May 23, 2007, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Congratulations, Weatherboy!
Old May 23, 2007, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K
Congrats on your 2000th post. You are a valuable member of our community, especially when bad weather hits. Your insight often puts situations in a better perspective. Scott has become a great addition and lets not forget about the big Houston DO's.
Old May 23, 2007, 8:58 am

It's a testament to the stand-up nature of the Continental team. For comparison, read through this introduction to FlyerTalk from 'NWScoop', the new screen name for corporate communications from NW. No person attached to it, emails are blocked so complaints go through 'appropriate channels' and responses are limited.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...88#post7664788

Contrast that to CO and Insider's intro...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...19#post5902919

But regardless of what I think of NW's way of handling, imitation is great flattery, and great to see all of domestic SkyTeam putting management in front of FlyerTalk thanks to CO.
Old May 23, 2007, 9:39 am

Programs: SkyMiles Silver, OnePass Gold, AAdvantage Gold, AS, NW, US, UA, LH
I'd like to add my two cents as well, I was more than just impressed to see Continental Airlines has a REAL person who takes the threads on this forum seriously. In addition to my own travels, a significant number of friends, colleagues, family, and now (much to my frustration) colleagues of friends reach out to me for guidance on air travel and frequent flyer related matters, particularly as it relates to international business travel. Being able to confidently speak to Continental's commitment to its passengers and to feel confident that if ever there were a major problem which somebody turned to me for guidance with I wouldn't be at a loss for how to make contact with a human being is all very reassuring.

Continental Airlines offers a solid product with consistent excellence and puts a real person behind the product to communicate with people who matter, questions are answered, concerns are addressed, this should be a model for other airlines and other businesses alike. Thank you Continental Airlines and Scott for raising the bar.
Old May 23, 2007, 10:03 am

Programs: CO Plat; Marriott Silver; Hilton Gold
Congrats, Weatherboy! I have a VERY LONG WAY to go to get to 2000....

And I add my thanks to CO Insider for all of your help and insight
Old May 23, 2007, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by New York City Flyer
Continental Airlines offers a solid product with consistent excellence and puts a real person behind the product to communicate with people who matter, questions are answered, concerns are addressed, this should be a model for other airlines and other businesses alike. Thank you Continental Airlines and Scott for raising the bar.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.