Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Airport - Pittsburgh, PA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Airport - Pittsburgh, PA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Arrow Four Points Airport - Pittsburgh, PA [Master Thread]

We're going to Pittsburgh for a few days and we are using Starpoints for the stay. We won't be in the room much so we don't need an upscale property, we will be visiting the city and shopping. We're not staying downtown, so we have to choose between the 4Points Pittsburgh Airport or the 4Points in the town of Mars, PA. I was not able to find much about these properties. Any help about these unknown properties to me will be helpful, Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2006, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
We're going to Pittsburgh for a few days and we are using Starpoints for the stay. We won't be in the room much so we don't need an upscale property, we will be visiting the city and shopping. We're not staying downtown, so we have to choose between the 4Points Pittsburgh Airport or the 4Points in the town of Mars, PA. I was not able to find much about these properties. Any help about these unknown properties to me will be helpful, Thanks!

I stayed at the 4Pts. PIT in August. It was nice for a 4 points. In the process of a renovation. My room was clean, big and fine for the 1 night. Can't comment on the other 4Pts. sorry.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 10:24 pm

Programs: SPG plat, DL Plat, UA 1K, US chairmans, Marriott plat, HH diamond
PIT vs MARS

Have stayed at both properties. If not catching an early morning flight, MARS is the place to stay. Nothing around PIT 4P for miles. MARS 4P has shopping centers and restaurants close. MARS is a better property, PIT is still being renovated as of 3/3/06. MARS has a more hotel feel with better facilities (pool, gym, business center, restaurant, shops in the atrium style lobby). PIT is also somewhat isolated and down a hill with poor lighting in the parking lot. I didn't feel threatened at any time in the parking lot, just thought it strange that it was so dark.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 10:36 pm

Programs: CO Plat, *wood Plat
I just stayed at the 4Pts in Mars about 2 weeks ago. I've only stayed in 2-3 4Pts, but it was by far the best. I'm not sure how far it is to downtown, but there are many restaurants in the immediate area and the staff is great. I'd definitely stay there again.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 6:42 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
The 4 PTs pittsburg is nice, but it is in the middle of no where. Everything is 10 minutes drive time. The rooms are nice and they do have fridges in the rooms on the executive floor.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by geoffriong
I'm not sure how far it is to downtown,
Airport to downtown is about 16 miles, Mars 4pts. is about 20 miles. But from the airport you need to go through the tunnels, which has traffic about 12 hours a day, up to 30 minutes during rush hour. Mars has maybe 10 minutes of traffic at the peak of rush hour, nothing at other times.

My house is about 4 miles away, so I've never stayed at the 4pts Mars, but it used to be a Sheraton, has several shops in the lobby, including an upscale jewelry/watch store, and seems nicer than the average 4pts I have stayed in.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 8:08 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Originally Posted by troyintn
The 4 PTs pittsburg is nice, but it is in the middle of no where. Everything is 10 minutes drive time. The rooms are nice and they do have fridges in the rooms on the executive floor.

There really is NOTHING around the property. But it is a decent place to stay.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 1:55 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
NB --

You're making the rounds in the eastern US by staying in non-descript 4 Pts, huh? I remember you were also asking about the 4Pts in Reading or Allentown, too.

Just curious --- are these leisure trips?
Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
My cousin stayed there last summer. He's not particularly picky, and he called it "a dump." FWIW, he got it on Priceline for well under a $40 bid for a weeknight.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by sbtinme
NB --

You're making the rounds in the eastern US by staying in non-descript 4 Pts, huh? I remember you were also asking about the 4Pts in Reading or Allentown, too.

Just curious --- are these leisure trips?
We're going to visit Pennsylvania from East to West and North to South. We're using *points and I don't want to spend 100K *points for hotels that we will only be using for a few hours to sleep and to shower. But I don't want a dump either and I want to keep my business with *wood. Me and my girlfriend have never been to PA, so we'll travel all all over the state. PA is suppose to be a great summer destination. I'm into architecture and history, I think there's plenty of that in PA for our summer vacation. I might stay in downtown Pittsburgh, but over 200$US for a room in Pittsburgh, it's too much and I don't do the Priceline thing. At least our Canadian Loonie$ is strong these days! ^ The Sheraton Station Square seems like a good starting point to visit Pittsburgh, we'll see if a promo might come or if the rates go down. Pittsburgh doesn't seem to have alot of hotels for such a large metro area, maybe that's the reason it's so pricey!? Meanwhile, in Philadelphia we're staying at the Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport, the hotel seems nice for the price, we reserved a corporate oversized suite. We'll see how it is when we get there. I thought about The Sheraton Society Hill, but it's more expensive and that place looks drab and tired... look at the 1970s lobby/atrium furniture.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Mar 12, 2006 at 5:31 pm
Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
My cousin stayed there last summer. He's not particularly picky, and he called it "a dump." FWIW, he got it on Priceline for well under a $40 bid for a weeknight.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
ion. I might stay in downtown Pittsburgh, but over 200$US for a room in Pittsburgh, it's too much and I don't do the Priceline thing. At least our Canadian Loonie$ is strong these days! ^ The Sheraton Station Square seems like a good starting point to visit Pittsburgh, we'll see if a promo might come or if the rates go down. Pittsburgh doesn't seem to have alot of hotels for such a large metro area, maybe that's the reason it's so pricey!? Meanwhile, in Philadelphia we're staying at the Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport, the hotel seems nice for the price, we reserved a corporate oversized suite. We'll see how it is when we get there. I thought about The Sheraton Society Hill, but it's more expensive and that place looks drab and tired... look at the 1970s lobby/atrium furniture.
The sheraton Station square is in the perfect spot. The PHL Sheraton suites is nice, but it is 10 minutes to anything other then the airport.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 6:59 pm

Programs: Marriott plat, DL Diamond
Originally from Pittsburgh... Station square is the place to be.. Walking to everything. Great restaurants and clubs.. Easy drive to the museums near the Univ of Pittsburgh.. Also bus transportation, walking, boat shuttle to the stadiums and science center.. Hands down worth the extra points!!
Old Mar 13, 2006, 4:30 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
I stay at the 4 Pts Pitt Airport every week. they just finished renovating the all of the rooms. The rooms are very clean and the hotel is very nice.
It is a bit out of the way, about 15 minutes from downtown. However, it is right next to Robinson Towne Center which has tons of shopping and restaurants.
Let me know if you need any other info.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mcohen73
I stay at the 4 Pts Pitt Airport every week. they just finished renovating the all of the rooms. The rooms are very clean and the hotel is very nice.
It is a bit out of the way, about 15 minutes from downtown. However, it is right next to Robinson Towne Center which has tons of shopping and restaurants.
Let me know if you need any other info.
I just went to book a room using Starpoints at the Four Points Pittsburgh Airport. The room rate is 85$ and rooms are available. However, when you try to redeem Starpoints there is no room available!? Hello!? Starpoints and black-out dates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.