Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

[Now Closed] Limited Offer to Convert e500s to Miles After Expiration [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond

www.united.com/500miles

For Global Service, 1K, and Premier Executive Members

Registration Required

Expired 500-mile Upgrade: Conversion Registration
500-mile E-Upgrades expiring on or after June 1, 2007, will not be converted to miles
The purpose of the 500-Mile Upgrade program was, and continues to be, to allow you to upgrade on a given flight, however we know many of our customers converted 500-mile e-upgrades to miles.
In response to customers’ feedback on the change to the 500-Mile Upgrade Program effective June 1, 2007, we are offering our current Global Services, 1K, Premier Executive and international customers a one-time only registration process. This will allow you to continue the conversion of unused 500-mile e-upgrades to miles upon scheduled expiration.

Registration is required to take advantage of this limited-time offer. You will need to register by August 15, 2007.
Once registered, your 500–mile e-upgrades will continue to be auto-converted upon expiration as long as you maintain Premier Executive, 1K or Global Services status or reside outside the 50 United States.
Please note: 500-mile e-upgrades will not be converted to miles prior to their scheduled expiration date.

Registration for this offer is limited to Mileage Plus members who hold Global Services, 1K or Premier Executive status or reside outside of the 50 United States at the time of registration. Registration does not guarantee participation in this program and acceptance is subject to account verification.

Miles accrued, bonus offers, awards and upgrades issued are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus program. The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards, upgrades and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For Complete details on the Mileage Plus Program, visit united.com. Offer is subject to change without notice. (MPP697)
Old May 31, 2007, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
wow, did they actually listen to us?
Old May 31, 2007, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Thanks for the headsup.

I guess this is a Flyertalk only deal.

dh Ammer53
Old May 31, 2007, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL PM,UA MP(former 1K), Hertz 5*G, National Emerald Club, SPG, Marriott Silver
Doesn't help us 2p's that can't even use our 500 milers because we're at the almost bottom of the totem pole. Even though I'll hit 1P in November this is of no help!
Old May 31, 2007, 2:19 pm

Wow, UA listened to its customers...a fruition of 1000+ replies on FT regarding this topic...
Old May 31, 2007, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Great! Thanks. With the miles I'll get from my expiring 500-milers, I have no regrets about upgrading my SFO-SYD-SFO flights on my way to and from AKL.
Old May 31, 2007, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA
Wow, thanks for the heads-up. (And bravo to everyone who wrote in about this issue.)
Old May 31, 2007, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
this really screws people stuck in TED cities and who are 2p!!!!!
Old May 31, 2007, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
well, well, well.

congrats to all who called, wrote, faxed and emailed.
thanks to the op for the good news. ^
Old May 31, 2007, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
w00t!
Old May 31, 2007, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
I'll be 1P on June 17th. I can't use 500s on TED. my last three attempts to use them failed. think United will let me register?
Old May 31, 2007, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Always Flyin--thanks for posting!
Old May 31, 2007, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA *G MM, SPG LTG, AA, LH
Originally Posted by karenkay
well, well, well.

congrats to all who called, wrote, faxed and emailed.
thanks to the op for the good news. ^
Seconded! Thanks to all who voiced their disagreement to UA
^
Old May 31, 2007, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
this really screws people stuck in TED cities and who are 2p!!!!!
I suppose, but really how many 500's can a 2P have?

Assuming you never use any and have 49K EQM (OK really there's no 2P on Ft with 49K EQMs as they surely would have done a MR to get 1P) thats max 16, 8-12 is probably the more likely though, a year...BFD. Use em.

And probably less than 16 if your flying is spread out over the 12 months and you don't get all 10K in one quarter and most 2Ps probably don't have 49K EQMs.
Old May 31, 2007, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by UpgradeMePlz
Doesn't help us 2p's that can't even use our 500 milers because we're at the almost bottom of the totem pole. Even though I'll hit 1P in November this is of no help!
Fair enough, and I admit the exclusion of 2Ps struck me as a little weird. On the other hand, most 2Ps are going to have only a handful of e500s that might expire, while some of the internationally-based 1Ks accrue 40+ per year -- and while you might have a tough time using them as a 2P, the 500s are even more useless to a 1K based outside the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.