Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My reviews on FS Maldives and Ko Samui Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2007, 8:02 am
Original Poster

My reviews on FS Maldives and Ko Samui Resorts

Here are my reviews on the two FS resorts in Maldives and Ko Samui: (and the FS Bangkok!)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...-Ko_Samui.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...afu_Atoll.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...Baa_Atoll.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...k-Bangkok.html
Old Jun 5, 2007, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

great info for people considering FSKS ^

also loved the pictures of 2BR water villa @ FSLG
Old Jun 5, 2007, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
great info for people considering FSKS ^

also loved the pictures of 2BR water villa @ FSLG
Thanks.. The two bedroom overwater villa was incredible. It was a once in a liftetime experience especially for us simple folk!!
Old Jun 5, 2007, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

only ~$2K low season
Old Jun 5, 2007, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
only ~$2K low season

We were upgraded from a "lowly" water villa with pool!

Last edited by Tboudrot; Jun 5, 2007 at 3:42 pm Reason: mistake!
Old Jun 9, 2007, 4:17 am

Programs: Leaders Club, Small Luxury Hotels Club, Starwood Gold ,Marriott Gold, Pestana Elite.
Thanks for the reviews, as a matter of fact I had already read the ones in the Maldives. It seems that though you call the FS KH a real gem, your review doesn't sound you found it great.

Am I correct? It's just because I have booked it and I am little undecided if I should keep the booking as it is very expensive and I wonder if it's worth it.

Thanks
Old Jun 9, 2007, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

he agreed with Ericka that FSLG is MUCH better, and gave additional comparisons. although he did also say this about FSLG >

The only disappointment was the bar over the lovely lobby. It reminded me of an Elk's Club Lodge with 1970's furniture.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 5:50 am

Programs: Leaders Club, Small Luxury Hotels Club, Starwood Gold ,Marriott Gold, Pestana Elite.
Thanks for your replies. I can get at the Anantara , booking through Crown Tours in the Maldives:

Beach front Pool Villa (double) on Bed & Breakfast basis only = US$ 473.00 per room per night

Over Water Suite (double) on Bed & Breakfast basis only = US$ 561.00 per room per night

These rates are inclusive of all taxes.

What do you think Kagehitokiri? Thanks again for your help
Old Jun 9, 2007, 11:45 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Terocas
Thanks for the reviews, as a matter of fact I had already read the ones in the Maldives. It seems that though you call the FS KH a real gem, your review doesn't sound you found it great.

Am I correct? It's just because I have booked it and I am little undecided if I should keep the booking as it is very expensive and I wonder if it's worth it.

Thanks
The FSKH is a great place, but it really cannot compare to FSLG. I think, had we only gone to KH, we would have been happy with it. There are many, many positives about the resort and the staff there. But after being at LG and then returning to KH, the latter felt cramped and the area did not seem nearly as lovely as it did when we first arrived.

Remember is the KH is a small resort and the rooms don't really offer a lot of privacy. The FS tries to offset this by saying that the resort has a 'Maldivian Village' theme and that part of the experience is interacting with other guests. But I prefer to NOT interact with other guests when I am on holiday, so this was not a plus for me. Also, remember that while the resort hides it very well, it is in a very commercial and crowded area. After being at LG and feeling like there was nothing around for miles, going back to KH and seeing all of the other islands was a bit of a downer.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for the confusion. The FS KH is a real gem but just suffers in comparison to the FS LG. FS KH is just much smaller and the location is not nearly as good as FS LG. As I said, spend a night or two at FS KH and more time at FS LG!

Originally Posted by Terocas

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.