Anantara Resort Maldives VS Four Seasons Kuda Huraa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anantara Resort Maldives VS Four Seasons Kuda Huraa

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2007, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Leaders Club, Small Luxury Hotels Club, Starwood Gold ,Marriott Gold, Pestana Elite.
Question Anantara Resort Maldives VS Four Seasons Kuda Huraa

Hi all. I booked the FS Kuda Huraa for November but I have been offered a much lower rate for the same type of accomodation at the Anantara Maldives. I am confused and don't know if the FS KH is worth the higher price.

Has anyone stayed at the Anantara to give me some feedback? And, if so, which type of accomodation is better there? The beach bungallows with pool or the overwater suites?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 9, 2007, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

what does Anantara run for beach with pool/overwater with pool? theyre both not showing up on their online reservations. their rooms are certainly VERY large.

FSLG is only $110-$120 more than FSKH

i remember you were concerned about no pictures of FSLG, but now we can compare these:

FSLG overwater >
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ReviewPho...Baa_Atoll.html

FSKH overwater >
http://www.fourseasons.com/image_lib..._web-large.jpg

i'll also see if can't navigate airtours.de and see if they have FS discounts right now.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 9, 2007 at 5:45 am
Old Jun 9, 2007, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Terocas
Hi all. I booked the FS Kuda Huraa for November but I have been offered a much lower rate for the same type of accomodation at the Anantara Maldives. I am confused and don't know if the FS KH is worth the higher price.

Has anyone stayed at the Anantara to give me some feedback? And, if so, which type of accomodation is better there? The beach bungallows with pool or the overwater suites?

Thanks in advance
I think one of the major differences is that one is managed by the Four Seasons Hotel group while the other is not.

Also, remember, hotel web pages (for not as exclusive hotels) are not always the best indicator of quality of room.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ok checked airtours, looks like no major special offers at FS or Anantara right now. i did use it to find the prices for anantara though, good to know about their system ^

anantara seems to be considerably less than FSLG for beach with pool, but somewhat more for overwater with pool.. kind of odd. the other prices you can see on their site.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 9, 2007 at 5:52 am
Old Jun 9, 2007, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Leaders Club, Small Luxury Hotels Club, Starwood Gold ,Marriott Gold, Pestana Elite.
Thanks for your replies. I can get at the Anantara , booking through Crown Tours in the Maldives:

Beach front Pool Villa (double) on Bed & Breakfast basis only = US$ 473.00 per room per night

Over Water Suite (double) on Bed & Breakfast basis only = US$ 561.00 per room per night

These rates are inclusive of all taxes.

What do you think Kagehitokiri? Thanks again for your help

Had put this in the wrong thread...
Old Jun 9, 2007, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Just to add this is more than $200 a night less than booking directly with the Anantara.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

REALLY odd how they do this stuff.

anantara direct is only a little more for the beach with pool, but youre right its like a $200 difference for regular overwater. what does crown charge for overwater with pool? direct is like $1300.

i wonder if virtuoso has discounts/confirmed upgrades too..

the lesson i take from this is compare promos. right now huvafen fushi has buy 6 get 1 free at airtours, and yep said FS has had that in the past. and it looks like anantara usually has discounts/etc.

aha. anantara's beach with pool has the pool located in the back in a garden like huvafen fushi.

anantara, coco palm bodu hithi, huvafen fushi all have overwater with pool like FSLG, but their beachfront just dont compare IMHO. personally i like the option of having both available. not sure how taj's beach villas are designed, that could be a second.

wow, just noticed that island hideaway has a 15,000 ft2 beach 3BR from $1850. talk about value

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 9, 2007 at 8:51 am
Old Jun 9, 2007, 11:55 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

FS KH vs Anantara

One thing to remember is that FSKH is very close to other resorts and commercial areas - although the resort hides this very well. I cannot say how this compares to Anantara, but I do know that the Anantara resort is VERY close to two other resorts - Bodu Hithi and Nalandu (sorry, my spelling may be off on these). They are all owned by the same company and I believe the resorts may even be connected by bridge (yes, they are that close together). So if part of what you are looking for in a Maldives holiday is that 'in the middle of nowhere' feeling, I think you might find FSKH and Anantara lacking in that regard.

As far as other comparisons between the resorts, I doubt that the service at Anantara could possibly be better than either FS resort (where it was nearly perfect). Anantara seems to have a more Thai-inspired look to it. This may appeal to you or not.

I seem to remember that you were interested in a beach room (and not a water room). If this is still the case, I would STRONGLY recommend that you consider the FSLG over KH. The beach rooms at LG (both the bungalow and the villa) are VASTLY superior to the bungalows and pavilions at the FSKH, IMHO. And if you splurge for the beach villa at LG, you will not regret it (that 40 foot private pool is pretty amazing).
Old Jun 9, 2007, 12:17 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Fskh

I just got back literally last week from the Four Seasons Kuda Huraa and was simply impressed with the property, the level of service, the variety of different activities offered - even the spa. Mind you though you are looking at the room rate, but there's also the costs associated with eating, spa, activities, etc, which can easily overshadow the costs of accomodation.

The FSKH is a quick 30 boat ride from Male Airport whilst the other FS is by sea plane (the boat ride cost $150 pp both ways). And the other FS is four times larger than the FSKH. The FSKH has a village feel and by the second day everyone speaks to you by name.

I don't know about how November is but you might want to send a note directly to the FSKH and ask them if they could either match or give you a better rate to because you want to stay with them. It wouldn't hurt -

But having been to many resorts all over the world, I can't imagine it better than the FS.

Happy travels though! You are going to enjoy yourself -

UG
Old Jun 9, 2007, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Yes, you're right, the pool in the back doesn't appeal to me either. It's like having a larger tube, I like it in the front.

I think I will stick with the FSKH. To tell you the truth though the other FS is newer the KH appeals much more to me and it's not as expensive.

UG, your post made me think I have done the right choice booking the FSKH

Thank you both once again.

Teresa
Old Jun 9, 2007, 4:21 pm
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Terocas
Yes, you're right, the pool in the back doesn't appeal to me either. It's like having a larger tube, I like it in the front.

I think I will stick with the FSKH. To tell you the truth though the other FS is newer the KH appeals much more to me and it's not as expensive.

UG, your post made me think I have done the right choice booking the FSKH

Thank you both once again.

Teresa
The FSKH is very nice. Just be sure to determine if privacy or a view of the ocean from your pool is more important to you and advise the hotel accordingly. When we were there, our beach villa was very exposed to the beach and ocean, which was great for the view, but also allowed everyone on the beach (and in the chairs that are in front of your villa, that can be used by everyone) to look right into the room and deck area. There were a lot of villas that were much more private, but of course the view was not as good from these. Personally, I would go with the privacy since you can see the beach and ocean from just about every other spot in the resort, so seeing it from your deck and pool is probably not 100% necessary. Plus, since the resort is so small, there are more people walking on the beach than you think there would be (and it seems that they all love to peer into the villas while they are walking by).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.