BofA Accolades Card

Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Got the card and the benefits package...Nothing to jump up and down about:

1) Who the hell is AXA concierge?

2) How the come the free companion ticket is only valid for USA/Mexico/Hawaii and Europe? I did not see ASIA, but I also did not look too carefully...
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:42 am

AXA is terrible.. it is just liek a myconcierge.com or vipdesk.. regular concierge.
http://www.axa-assistance-usa.com/services/concierge/ .. Might be even worse than them.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:45 am

best benefit from this card is the free PP Prestige for my wife....and that fact that my annual fee is waived...
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:47 am

Annagie, This card is terrible. In my opinion, the Chaiman Card AMEX is way superior to this card in service, rewards and CONCIERGE is the biggest difference.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by flyguy11
Annagie, This card is terrible. In my opinion, the Chaiman Card AMEX is way superior to this card in service, rewards and CONCIERGE is the biggest difference.
Both cards are based on the same turn key solution provided by Amex which includes all the same basic benifits. Only difference in the two cards are reward structure which are now almost the same with TYP being devaluded and the fact Chairman card gives you flight points and both use different concierge services.

Both cards have the same hotel and airline benifits and both have the same Priority Pass card.

Both can have there annual fee waived the differene is the price point at which BOA and Citi waive that annual fee at and that BOA and Citi handle there own CS calls, insurance claims and disputes.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:31 am

It is terrible, but it is free for me and my wife gets the PP Prestige so that it is all I am in for.

I really do not plan on charging much on it or anything for that matter. Maybe one charge a month.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:41 am

Anaggie, what i was referring to was that if concierge is a big part of your decision in cards, CHAIRMAN would be the way to go. and you still get the PP too. In chairman, is is 100 fee for additional cardmembers if you want them to have full benefits (PP, etc). So in your opinion, the only thing about this card that is good is the way it looks(BLACK) because everything is basically the same besides concierge. Like i posted in the CHAIRMAN AMEX post, the CHAIRMAN card is based soley now on Customer service and the HIGH LEVEL CONCIERGE.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec, AA Platinum, Delta Elite, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by dolmar
Both cards are based on the same turn key solution provided by Amex which includes all the same basic benifits. Only difference in the two cards are reward structure which are now almost the same with TYP being devaluded and the fact Chairman card gives you flight points and both use different concierge services.

Both cards have the same hotel and airline benifits and both have the same Priority Pass card.

Both can have there annual fee waived the differene is the price point at which BOA and Citi waive that annual fee at and that BOA and Citi handle there own CS calls, insurance claims and disputes.
I currently have the Accolades card and an invite to the C card and wholeheartedly agree that the differences are minimal. I do think the C card is more encompassing on PP-- I think Accolades charges you for additional guests and C is two free.

I am just annoyed at myself because I should have gotten the MC version of the C card a year ago. What I really need is a MC/Visa "high end" card-- not another amex, since I have 4 for different purposes now. Anyone have any ideas? The World/Premier cards don't seem to stack up yet, and I am not a guy who shops at Saks anyway.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 1:22 pm
Suspended

AXA is terrible.. it is just liek a myconcierge.com or vipdesk.. regular concierge.
http://www.axa-assistance-usa.com/services/concierge/ .. Might be even worse than them.
Haha, I had insurance with them. Or let`s say it this way: I paid their fees to not have insurance when needed. Took letters from a lawyer to get what I paid for. Thank you but no thank you.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 3:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by erlftex
What I really need is a MC/Visa "high end" card-- not another amex, since I have 4 for different purposes now. Anyone have any ideas? .
What type of benefits and rewards do you need the card to provide? Probably useful if you also mention the four you already hold.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec, AA Platinum, Delta Elite, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by mia
What type of benefits and rewards do you need the card to provide? Probably useful if you also mention the four you already hold.
Ahh, good points I should have mentioned! I have had a Starwood card for over 10 years-- way back when it was Sheraton and that ugly grey-- but I have stopped using it as I rarely redeem miles for international flights or hotels, which means my value is less than 2% usually. So I have that card, the Amex Platinum for travel benefits, and the Costco personal and work for personal and work expenses (IMHO the cash back % is much better value than any miles card out there, with no rules). I have the BoA Accolades for free from BoA, and am trying it out. I guess that makes 5 amex, I need to fix that... yikes.

What I need is a MC/VISA that has benefits so I can 1) replace my Amex Platinum and/or Accolades, 2) have a card that is a non-amex backup, 3) ideally better for forex fees, 4) has purchase protection, value, etc. I would like good rewards-- or cash-- but that is really secondary since I am only talking about $15,000 of spending a year. I don't mind an annual fee if I get value.

I am considering the new BoA Premier card (which is the Accolades non-Amex companion) or the HSBC premier card. Both have crummy rewards but good benefits.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Should have gotten the Chairman MC, would have been much easier.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 5:00 pm

I cannot find a link to this product. Can someone post a link to the page that allows you to apply and gives details?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, Merrill+, Citi AMEX Chairman
Originally Posted by erlftex
Ahh, good points I should have mentioned! I have had a Starwood card for over 10 years-- way back when it was Sheraton and that ugly grey-- but I have stopped using it as I rarely redeem miles for international flights or hotels, which means my value is less than 2% usually. So I have that card, the Amex Platinum for travel benefits, and the Costco personal and work for personal and work expenses (IMHO the cash back % is much better value than any miles card out there, with no rules). I have the BoA Accolades for free from BoA, and am trying it out. I guess that makes 5 amex, I need to fix that... yikes.

What I need is a MC/VISA that has benefits so I can 1) replace my Amex Platinum and/or Accolades, 2) have a card that is a non-amex backup, 3) ideally better for forex fees, 4) has purchase protection, value, etc. I would like good rewards-- or cash-- but that is really secondary since I am only talking about $15,000 of spending a year. I don't mind an annual fee if I get value.

I am considering the new BoA Premier card (which is the Accolades non-Amex companion) or the HSBC premier card. Both have crummy rewards but good benefits.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Should have gotten the Chairman MC, would have been much easier.

There are several MC/VISA cards that provide some of the AMEX Benefits. It depends on what you are looking for:

1. Airline Club Access
- Chase CO Presidential Plus World MC - Includes a CO membership - $375 per year

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...haseppwmc.aspx

- Merrill+ Visa - Includes DL or AA club membership with $50k in annual spending

2. Shopping
- Nordstroms Visa Signature
- Saks World Elite MC

3. Hotel Status...This is pretty much the best you will get
- Citibank HH Visa Signature - Hilton Silver
- Chase Marriott Visa Signature - Marriott Silver
- Chase Marriott Premier Visa Sigature - Marriott Silver (15 days credited toward status)

4. Hotel Benefits
- Diners Club Carte Blanche - $300 per annum (not sure how good this is)

5. Concierge
- Merrill+ Visa - Supposedly uses Circles. I find that they always want to get back to you the next day.
- Diners Club Carte Blanche - Supposedly a superior concierge

6. Insurance
- Diners Club/Carte Blanche - Primary rental car coverage

7. Good Reward Rates or Redemption Options
- Citibank Hilton Visa Signature - 6pts per $ at Hilton
- Chase Marriott Visa Signature - 5pts per $ at Marriott
- Various Citibank Thank You Cards - 2pts per $ or more
- Fidelity Visa Signature - 1.5% cash back
- Diners Club/Carte Blanche - 1 pt per $; but a variety of airline programs
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:28 am

Anaggie, what i was referring to was that if concierge is a big part of your decision in cards, CHAIRMAN would be the way to go. and you still get the PP too. In chairman, is is 100 fee for additional cardmembers if you want them to have full benefits (PP, etc). So in your opinion, the only thing about this card that is good is the way it looks(BLACK) because everything is basically the same besides concierge. Like i posted in the CHAIRMAN AMEX post, the CHAIRMAN card is based soley now on Customer service and the HIGH LEVEL CONCIERGE.
I did not do the Accolades for the concierge. I was just wondering who it was as I have never heard of them.

I did Accolades for the PP membership for my wife which makes a difference when she travels alone (without me). She will be travelling in India and can access the lounges when I am not there for herself and my daughter.

I have the MC and I like the PA for my needs, which is what they are perfectly suited for.

And one thing to remember, Accolades and PP is FREE for me !! So why not get it and keep it in the wallet.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 12:02 pm

yeah.. if the free PP is what your looking for, then go for it. Im am just suggesting that the CHAIRMAN AMEX concierge also acts as you PA too but with more access. Just a suggestion. I can get a BofA accolades too but do not see the point.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.