Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Dubai hotels

Staying there between Sept 7 -9th. Any suggestions for hotels and how much would it be for 4/5 star?
Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
??

Oh please. We're happy to help but you need to make an effort yourself. There are loads of threads in this forum about Dubai - do a search, read them, then post any specific questions.

If you want prices, you can search Expedia in 30 seconds and get a clear view of what a 4+ star property will cost on those dates.

You haven't even told us what you are doing in Dubai. Leisure? Business? What are your goals - shopping? beach? fine dining? history / culture? Are you coming with children? If so, how old? Romantic trip with girlfriend / boyfriend? Solo business trip? Do you want the best or do you want the best combo of cash and quality? Big hotel or small hotel? Lively pool scene or quiet senerity? We're not mind readers!
Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
You haven't even told us what you are doing in Dubai. Leisure? Business? What are your goals - shopping? beach? fine dining? history / culture? Are you coming with children? If so, how old? Romantic trip with girlfriend / boyfriend? Solo business trip? Do you want the best or do you want the best combo of cash and quality? Big hotel or small hotel? Lively pool scene or quiet senerity? We're not mind readers!
Sorry... here you go...

Me and Partner no children,
both aged early 30's,
Leisure,
2 day break stopover from earlier holiday in Asia,
Willing to pay up to £100 per room per night, maybe a little more. Not sure of prices...

Central location to malls, and some touristy places
Heard about desert safari on jeep / one night camping activities - any good? any others?
Have never been before, have only 2 days - so possibly a selection of recommended activities and shopping to buy watches/gold for self.

Lively scene but not too touristy and noisy.
Hear it' really hot at the time of year so possibly night activites only?

One problem is flight arrives at 3.55am - not a problem for transport to hotels? We know we'll probably pay one night as we will have a bit of luggage...
Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

desert palm - $254 for 528m2 3BR villa with pool
http://www.desertpalm.ae/special.html (opening special for month of Sept)

edit - above special is no longer published

jumeirah bab al shams - from $190

seems like there might be an event, prices fluctuate pretty high at a lot of properties.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 26, 2007 at 5:49 am
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:08 pm

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
desert palm - $254 for 528m2 3BR villa with pool

jumeirah bab al shams - from $190

seems like there might be an event, prices fluctuate pretty high at a lot of properties.
I guess it's low season still at that time of year but $254 is there a catch? Is the place still a building site? That seems ridiculously cheap for a destination that really doesn't seem to do cheap (i.e. Asia Cheap) luxury properties
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
I guess it's low season still at that time of year but $254 is there a catch? Is the place still a building site? That seems ridiculously cheap for a destination that really doesn't seem to do cheap (i.e. Asia Cheap) luxury properties
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
regular rate = $710 low season (including Oct 1-12 07)
http://www.desertpalm.ae/facts_rates.html

the property is by per aquum (huvafen fushi, dhoni mighili in maldives and fortress in sri lanka)
Old Jul 26, 2007, 5:41 am

Per Aquum have a great set of hotels, I would stay with them. Huvafen in the Maldives is stunning - great vibe. Desert Palm looks great as well
Old Jul 26, 2007, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

welcome to FT
Old Jul 26, 2007, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
My turn

I am looking at hotels in Dubai and I think I have narrowed it down to 3. The PH, RC, or O&O.
My first question, is do people actually swim in the sea or just lie on the beach, and if they do not go in the water, is it worth it to stay at a hotel on the beach since the PH is the cheapest of the three (I am asking because given all the building in dubai I wonder how clear the water is).
I will be travelling by myself, for leisure.
Any help would be appreciated, and if there is a hotel superior to those three that is in the same general price range, please add.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so are you looking at base rooms?

FHR
-RC (upgrades to Club if available)
-PH

Virtuoso
-PH
-OO (upgrades = ?)

others
-GH (has Club)
-Jumeirah Emirates Towers (has Club)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 27, 2007 at 11:34 am
Old Jul 27, 2007, 11:27 am

Yes, I will be looking at base rooms. Too be honest, the club floor is not that big of a deal for me as I usually make little use of it.

I guess my big question is whether it is worth it to pay a little more to be on the beach as I have no clue if the beach is nice and the water swimmable.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If you're travelling solo then why not Madinat Jumeirah (pick either of the hotels, both five star)? Its a beautiful resort full 70+ food and beverage places, loads of independent shops, quarter mile of beach etc. You won't get bored easily if you are on your own.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 7:39 pm

Thanks for the advice. The hotels do look very nice and I generally try not to stay at chain hotels anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.