Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ride Report - '07 Lincoln Navigator

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Ride Report - '07 Lincoln Navigator

This version of the Navigator was of the 4x4 Ultimate trim (T4)

Powertrain: The Navigator comes with the 5.4l triton engine producing 300hp, which is less then most of its competitors, but is enough to move this massive (6,100lbs) vehicle around the city and highway fairly easily, acceleration is about average for such a massive truck. Fuel mileage is rated at 13/18 city/hwy, and it felt about those numbers, but I still say the fuel consumption is very high for such an engine, so don't expect to get too much mileage out of it.

Ride/Handling: Very confortable, then again it would be expected from a large luxury truck, handling is floaty at times (especially when you drive moderately fast as I do) but besides that, it rides well, and has a huge turning circle as to be expected with such a long wheelbase (119in). You hardly feel any bumps on the road, as it should be with this type of vehicle.

Interior: Huge interior, a good 10in for the center console which seperates driver/passenger quite well, and another 12in for the console that seperates the 2nd row of seats, no reason to rub elbows. Very quiet around the city and highway, with just a bare minimum wind noise here and there. This model also came with the push button 3rd row folding seats (which fold quite slow in my opinion, you could fold them faster manually). With the optional 20in wheels this model was equipped with, I was seating quite high, towering most vehicles. This model was equipped with the standard 9-speaker 6-cd changer audio system, and although it does sound nice, it doesn't go very loud in my opinion. The heated/cooled seats is a nice feature too have too, in either hot/cold days.

Design: Hasn't changed much from the previous generation, except the grill which I'm not too crazy about and the dash, which looks old-school, like something pulled from a 70's car or so. I believe all the new Lincoln's share pretty much the same dash. I do like the optional power running boards it came with, nice little feature. Most of the buttons inside the cabin are self-explanatory and simple to use, and the wood trim adds a slight luxury feel to the cabin, although I don't feel it is necessary.

Features: This Navigator was pretty much fully loaded as the Ultimate edition, and has the power running boards, dvd player, 20in chrome wheels, parking sensor, electric tilt steering wheel, adjustable pedals, sunroof, heated/cooled seats but no navigation, just had the regular Hertz NeverLost.

Value: Coming from the T4 class, it pretty much sums up what large luxury truck should be, and although it is cheaper than most of its competitors, I'd rather drive the Escalade. You will definitely be noticed driving the Navigator, as it is kind of hard not to notice this mammoth of a vehicle. The Ultimate trim of this truck is pretty much loaded with standard features, but the optional packages can be pricey though.

To sum it up:

The Good
Comfortable and spacious interior
Smooth ride
Loaded with features

The Bad
Floaty handling
Very poor fuel economy
Engine needs more power

Pictures to follow.

Last edited by Flatliner; Jun 22, 2007 at 6:51 am
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:15 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I agree, the grill looks stupid and that dash is UGLY. The dash (and grill) from the 06' was so much better looking.

Design decisions like these leave no doubt as to why Ford is doing so poorly.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ALARISstl
I agree, the grill looks stupid and that dash is UGLY. The dash (and grill) from the 06' was so much better looking.

Design decisions like these leave no doubt as to why Ford is doing so poorly.
My friend recently leased one of these vehicles. I had a chance to ride in it and agree 100% with the dash comment. I don't really mind the exterior design as much as I hate the engineering (or lack of it) that went into this vehicle. Its basically a loaded Expedition with Lincoln badges. I have to give credit to GM on actually differentiating the Escalade from the Yukon/Tahoe family...
Old Jun 23, 2007, 3:26 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Nice review. ^ Speaking of the grille design, does anyone else think the new one looks reminds of a Remington shaver?

I too, think the previous exterior detailing and dash design were much better. Hopefully the development of Ford's new "Hurricane" 6.2L will follow through so that the Navigator (and Expedition) can get more in the power department.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.