Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Free flight after one flight from PIT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2007, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus

According to the Post Gazette http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07177/797264-100.stm

JetBlue Airways, marking its one-year anniversary in Pittsburgh and hoping to improve its market share here, announced a "gift" today of free travel to any Pittsburgh-area resident who books a flight on the Forest Hills, N.Y., carrier between today and Saturday.

To qualify, you must be a member of JetBlue's frequent flier program, TrueBlue. The flight must originate in Pittsburgh and take place between today and Nov. 15
So I fly weekly to New York, normally flying American. I don't see any mention of this on JetBlue's website. Anyone else have independent confirmation of this promotion? If so can I earn multiple free tickets? I'll book a lot of trips if I can use it multiple times (so I doubt it).
Old Jun 26, 2007, 5:42 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
I have put in a request to JetBlue to confirm the details of this offer. I'll advise to any replies by them.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

I sent them an email but the author of the article sent me a link

https://www.jetblue.com/deals/tbprom...pitbday100&#tc

Offer expires 11:59 MT June 30, 2007. Offer is available only to TrueBlue Members in good standing who register for this offer at jetblue.com/pittsburgh and purchase over jetblue.com between June 26 (12:00am MT) and June 30, 2007 (11:59pm MT) roundtrip travel originating in Pittsburgh to any JetBlue city between June 26, 2007 and November 15, 2007 ("Eligible Travel"). If the booker and flyer are different, TrueBlue Points will only be credited to the TrueBlue Account of the flyer. TrueBlue Points will be awarded only if Eligible Travel is completed, which must take place between June 26, 2007 and November 15, 2007. If flyer fails to complete or show for Eligible Travel, flyer will not be eligible for this offer. Limit, one award of TrueBlue Points per eligible itinerary and per eligible TrueBlue member. This offer may not be used toward more than one booking. TrueBlue Points are subject to TrueBlue Terms and Conditions, are non-transferable, and expire within one year from date of issuance. Offer applies only to newly-booked travel and does not apply to changes to existing travel. If Eligible Travel is changed outside of the travel window above, TrueBlue Member is not be eligible for this offer. TrueBlue Points may not be redeemed for cash or used toward the purchase of a gift card, JetBlue Cruise or JetBlue Getaway package. This offer may not be combined with other special offers.

If you are a new TrueBlue registrant, you are also agreeing to TrueBlue Terms and Conditions.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 6:40 pm

Programs: US Platinum, HH Diamond
Thanks much; it's a great deal. And thanks for cross-posting to the US Board - I wouldn't have known otherwise.

66 segments on US this year and these will be my first ever on Jet Blue. Maybe I'm finally getting smart.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 9:51 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Wow! I've registered...this could be an excellent deal!
Old Jun 26, 2007, 10:09 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
I've been looking into this deal most of the day and, overall, it dosn't seem to be generating much excitement. But I have a few questions to make sure it is worth it:

1) B6's FAQ's state "Each TruePass is valid for 1 (one) one-way flight." I just want to verify that this means "1 one-way flight with a connection" Because there are more exciting places to go in the winter than BOS or JFK.

2) How is award availability? I've been a TrueBlue member since they came to PIT. But since I only fly B6 at most two times per year, i never imagined that I'd earn a free flight.

Overall, this is seems like an excellent deal. And, unlike the MR forum, we have a few days to get the fare!

Thanks,
pgh234
Old Jun 27, 2007, 6:17 am

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Argh, this is killing me. My girlfriend booked a flight last week. If we cancel that and rebook with the credit, would that constitute newly booked travel?
Old Jun 27, 2007, 7:39 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by CrazyOne
Argh, this is killing me. My girlfriend booked a flight last week. If we cancel that and rebook with the credit, would that constitute newly booked travel?
If you call JetBlue (1-800-538-2583 aka 1-800-JetBlue), it is a possibility they may give it to you being that you just booked last week and they are very well known for their customer service. However, since I don't work for them, I can't officially say they definately will or not. It couldn't hurt to try.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 7:59 am
Original Poster

I got lucky. I was about to book a flight two days ago but waited and this promotion came out. Pretty juicy. Almost tempted to try to work around the system and book it multiple times (ie multiple addresses) but not going to do that....
Old Jun 27, 2007, 9:56 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by pgh234
I've been looking into this deal most of the day and, overall, it dosn't seem to be generating much excitement. But I have a few questions to make sure it is worth it:

1) B6's FAQ's state "Each TruePass is valid for 1 (one) one-way flight." I just want to verify that this means "1 one-way flight with a connection" Because there are more exciting places to go in the winter than BOS or JFK.

2) How is award availability? I've been a TrueBlue member since they came to PIT. But since I only fly B6 at most two times per year, i never imagined that I'd earn a free flight.

Overall, this is seems like an excellent deal. And, unlike the MR forum, we have a few days to get the fare!

Thanks,
pgh234
1) Yep - you can go anywhere B6 flies on each TruePass, obviously connecting through JFK or BOS for you.

2) I've found it to be pretty good. You can also check for yourself on the specific markets/dates (if you know) if you'd like on their website:

http://www.jetblueairways.com/cgi-bi...?mode=OAR&sid=

You can use that to book it online, or you can call up, and I think it's a $10 or so fee.

I just did a sample search for PIT-JFK-CUN over weekends in Oct, as well as PIT-JFK-AUA the first week in Jan, and it looks fairly open, both of which are a lot more exciting than JFK and BOS in winter
Old Jun 27, 2007, 3:18 pm

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Originally Posted by Seat13c
If you call JetBlue (1-800-538-2583 aka 1-800-JetBlue), it is a possibility they may give it to you being that you just booked last week and they are very well known for their customer service. However, since I don't work for them, I can't officially say they definately will or not. It couldn't hurt to try.
No go on this. They did confirm that cancel/rebook would work. Just have to see if it's worth going that route. Would require either changing the return flight to the later nonstop (which actually was pricing $10 less than original a few hours ago, for a net of only $15 to get the points) or connecting or choosing same flights and paying $40 more plus the $25 change fee to get a flight in the future. Even that 65 bucks is still not bad for a roundtrip anywhere in the system, I suppose, but it's a bit more of a gamble than free.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 7:18 pm

Programs: Everyone!
This is a nice deal, and I think I will give them a try. Too bad airlines always put the "one per itinerary" restrictions on there. Now for me and my wife to get the promotion, we have to make separate reservations - I don't understand why it matters to them if we book on the same itinerary or separately - either way we are both paying the same to JB.

That said, great deal!!
Old Jun 28, 2007, 7:57 am

Programs: CO, DL, US, Starwood
B6 deal out of PIT

Yes, this is a good deal. B6 is really trying to boost up their presence here. I'm surprised they have somewhat struggled, but even Southwest has only managed to take a small percentage of the daily flights in and out of PIT. B6 is also suppose to start a new ad campaign, but I've only seen one small printed ad in one of the local papers.

An article in the paper said that people here just have it in their head that US has always been here , so why not fly it. I hope PIT can turn itself around. It is sad walking into that airport and seeing it so empty.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 9:49 pm

nevermind
Old Jun 29, 2007, 7:11 pm

Programs: United 1K
I live in LA. If I originate my RT flight out of Pittsburgh do I get a free ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.