Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule Change, opportunities?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2007, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Schedule Change, opportunities?

I have an inbound flight with 4 segments late in the year. They have a schedule change for the 1st segment. I noticed that there are earlier flights for my 3rd and 4th segment with same fare buckets as my purchased ticket. Do you think they will change my 3rd and 4th segments without charge when I call to confirm the schedule change?
Old Jun 28, 2007, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can always try with a schedule change. Since it's later in the year, hopefully your booking class will still be available on the flights to which you want to change.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Originally Posted by UNITED959
You can always try with a schedule change. Since it's later in the year, hopefully your booking class will still be available on the flights to which you want to change.
If the schedule change is significant enough, you should be able to make changes regardless of whether seats on other flights exist in the fare buckets you booked. A couple of weeks ago, a schedule change moved my departing flight up an hour, making it very difficult for me to attend an important meeting. I was able to take a later flight with a more lucrative routing (miles-wise) and bigger planes (i.e. 757 and 777, better chance of upgrade). The service director just had to request seats in my booked fare class (T in this case) and the inventory just showed up.

It's always good to do your homework, though, so you can request the best routing. Schedule changes can be inconvenient, but sometimes they're really to your advantage if you know what your doing.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 10:06 am

Programs: DL PM,UA MP(former 1K), Hertz 5*G, National Emerald Club, SPG, Marriott Silver
Also depends who you talk to. My experience is that the ICC will let you make a change no matter what the schedule change is whereas US call centers have adhered to the if it's within 30 mins then no change allowed.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:26 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by UpgradeMePlz
Also depends who you talk to. My experience is that the ICC will let you make a change no matter what the schedule change is whereas US call centers have adhered to the if it's within 30 mins then no change allowed.
I had a heck of a time getting the ICC to make a change for me when my flight was changed by 15 or 20 minutes. Those are precious minutes when you already have to wake up at the a__ crack. Eventually they caved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.