Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2008, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

I have just returned from a wonderful stay at the St Regis Bali resort. All I can say is WOW! It is a beautiful addition to the Nusa Dua area.

I will post more and add photos later.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Here is a link to http://www.flickr.com/photos/1963301...699016/detail/ photos.

I stayed one night in a pool suite, room 105, and three nights in a Gardenia villa, room 709.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 8:41 am

Diana, thanks for posting the pictures!

How was service and meals? I understand they have just opened, so not everything is worked out yet.

Originally Posted by diana
Here is a link to http://www.flickr.com/photos/1963301...699016/detail/ photos.

I stayed one night in a pool suite, room 105, and three nights in a Gardenia villa, room 709.

Last edited by broadwayboy; Sep 25, 2008 at 8:49 am
Old Sep 27, 2008, 5:44 am

Thanks for posting the pics Diana. Very nice.

The compound looks a little bare but I guess it'll take a while for the foliage to grow in.

What were the prices of food and drink like in the complex?
Old Sep 27, 2008, 8:20 am

Programs: SPG, Luxury Collection, St. Regis
Talking

Diana, those pictures are breathtaking! Thank you so much for posting those!^^^
Old Sep 28, 2008, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

The service was fantastic...as is with anyone, anywhere in Bali from what I have encountered. The chief butler, Tony, made sure that I was well taken care of, and had it not been for Tony I would have probably changed hotels after the first night.

My stay did not start off well. There was no airport immigration assistance and this is a big issue with me and is why I usually stay the first night in Bali at the Intercontinental because of their arrival assistance. My recommendation to anyone arriving from the airport be sure that you let them know this and remind them prior to your arrival.

The food was awesome. The breakfast, which is included, was the best part of the meals. They had servers bringing around assorted items which you could try. I loved the passion fruit smoothie. My big complaint and this one is huge for me, is that it takes forever to get some coffee. They bring it out one cup at a time. One time it took at least fifteen minutes. I need my coffee in the morning and the house blend provided in the room is too mild for me. Even when the butler brings a pot it is lukewarm. I am sure that this will be corrected with time.

The food at KayuPuti is very good, a little on the expensive side for Bali, but you have to remember this is a five star hotel with a one star Michelain pastry chef. I would definitely come back for lunch. That way I could enjoy the beautiful view and order what I want (i.e. pizza only available for lunch). Harold, the somnelier and manager, is very uptight although a nice guy who is passionate about wine.

I ordered room service one night and the butler was so excited to set the table up and make sure everything was right. The food was a little lukewarm but that should improve with time.

Another big issue for me is the lounge chairs at the pool and villas. They are fixed and not adjustable, although aesthetically appealling. I go to Bali for the sun and the bales available around the pool are comfortable but shaded. There are no chairs on the beach, however they will put one of those unadjustable chairs on the beach for you if you ask them.

Overall, I loved the hotel. I hope to return in a few months and see if anything has changed. I want to give a special thanks to Tony and Frank, the general manager, who made my trip most enjoyable.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diana
had it not been for Tony I would have probably changed hotels after the first night.

* howd it compare to other bali resorts?

very informative pics. ^

"I believe this is a three bedroom residence villa which is sold."
thats correct.

* did you notice the 3/4BR golf residences under construction?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 28, 2008 at 10:54 pm
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
When you meet Tony you will understand.

* howd it compare to other bali resorts?
It is too soon to compare. When I was there approximately +/-20 rooms were occupied. I would guess mostly travel agents since the turnover was about 20 in and out every day. When it starts filling up it will feel entirely different since nobody was using the beach or the pool and it was very quiet. In the Gardenia Villa it felt like I was in my own home.

* did you notice the 3/4BR golf residences under construction?
No.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if youre used to say aman service for example, how can a butler (who doesnt follow you around the resort) make up for poor service whenever you are not dealing with him?

you seem to be saying service besides tony was horrible, and i was wondering how you would compare that service to the other bali properties youve stayed at. and are you saying it was horrible even when it was empty? how bad can it get if full?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

if youre used to say aman service for example, how can a butler (who doesnt follow you around the resort) make up for poor service whenever you are not dealing with him?

you seem to be saying service besides tony was horrible, and i was wondering how you would compare that service to the other bali properties youve stayed at. and are you saying it was horrible even when it was empty? how bad can it get if full?
I do not understand the first part of your question. Tony, who's title is Chief Butler, is a misnomer for his position. Tony would be rolling on the floor with laughter if he was reading this. Tony put together and trained the staff. He is the GM's right-hand man who oversees the day to day operation of the hotel and ensures that the guests are happy.

I do not see anywhere is my post where it says that the service was horrible. I think you need to reread the first sentence of my review where I said the service was fantastic.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 5:11 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Do you think the situation (only travel agents in the hotel) will change soon? I am intending to go there in Nov-08 on a paid basis and I do not want to be part of a 'staffage' for others.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

athome I am sorry but I do not know what the occupancy will be in November. If it is a big concern for you perhaps you might consider staying somewhere else. I personally enjoyed my stay. I also do not like to go to Bali in November-December due the "mango season" and the rainy weather.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
diana, why do you avoid during "mango season?"
Old Oct 10, 2008, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SASfan
diana, why do you avoid during "mango season?"
The flies are very annoying during that time.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 8:34 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We just checked in after a night at the Grand Hyatt. The room there was so moldy and the bed so hard that neither of us slept. Got them to release us from our reservation, but several festivals meant that there really wasn't much but rack rate in the vicinity. Starwood cut me a nice deal on the St Regis ($400 per night) which was cheaper than rack at the Laguna, so we bit.

Initial observations- the plantings were stuffed in the ground at the last minute during the hot/dry season and are really dying off. The staff is new and doesnt know the property or the liekly clientele all that well. This is so typical for St Regis (read Singapore St Regis reviews). If you are looking for polish then try back in a year. The physical place is pretty nice, we might have been upgraded from base suite to oceanview, though still not entirely sure. ok sized, nice sitting are in addition to bedroom.

Wandered up to Amanusa terreces restaurant, thinking the dinner service here at St Regis might not be ready for primetime, and totally regretted it. Other than the full moon and fireworks from an art festival, the food was really weak, service a bit lackluster too. I guess we will try the ocean front restaurant here at the St Regis tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.