Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ride report - 2007 Mercedes A150

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Ride report - 2007 Mercedes A150

classified as automatic hatchback in Germany. This ride report covers recent rentals in both FRA and MUC. Both vehicles had less than 1,500 kms on the car at pickup

My vacation trips home involve a lot of driving on the A8 between Munchen and Salzburg, notorious as one of the fastest and most dangerous stretches of the Autobahn. I also do a lot of mountain driving in the BGL region of Bavaria
  • space: adequate for a 5 door vehicle; hatchback holds one 25 inch, one 22 inch suitcase plus one laptop case easily. Passenger space is ample in front and adequate in back
  • instruments: basic but well laid out; additional switches on steering wheel for informational displays and radio volume; would prefer an additonal intermittent wiper option but like that wipers slow down when car is at a standstill
  • design: a little too boxy and high for my taste; doesn't seem to have the same stylish lines as other economy level vehicles in Europe
  • handling: solid and sturdy; maybe too much for some, but is my preference for mountain driving
  • performance: this is where the car really lacks; I usually drive 120-140km on the Autobahn, but this car cannot overtake and even with the pedal pressed to the floor overtaking was difficult. I have even had a 1970's SuperBeetle overtake me!

Overall, this vehicle is just 'ok' in my opinion. I actually prefer the VW vehicles, and would like to test drive a Polo but never seem to have the option with Hertz

Fuel consumption is another issue for me - I average 600km on a tank, while VW boasts up to 1,000km for the diesel

The best that I would say is that the car is very manoueverable and good in tight spaces ie for city driving and tight park houses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.