Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE : Le Meridien Rimini, Italy, Left SPG Jan 2014 [Master Thread]

Old Dec 14, 2006, 3:05 am
Original Poster

When I seached by location either choosing Italy or Rimini as the city and Italy as the county, the LM property in Rimini comes up. However when I try to obtain the rate for a stay and then book, a red note comes up stating that there are no Starwood Hotels at this location. I also search this board and did not find any information about this hotel leaving Starwood. I logged off and tried again and obtained the same result.

Has this hotel left Starwood, or is this just a computer glitch?
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:02 am

Programs: IHG RA - PC Plat - SPG Plat - Hilton Diamond - Sixt Plat
I live in Rimini and i can tell you for sure that today the hotel is still there with all the Le Meridien signs on!:-) and by the way this is the best hotel in Rimini!
if u need some help just contact me..no problem!
and on the other side i really doubt the hotel will close on those dates...it's high season here...maybe they locked down the reservtion service for those days?
Old Dec 18, 2006, 9:56 am
Original Poster

I called the Platinum Concierge desk and they were able to book two nights at the hotel for me. The Concierge desk agent told me there was nothing in the Starwood records indicating that this hotel was leaving the fold. We concluded it must have been some sort of computer glitch as I tried a couple of times in various ways over 4-5 days.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 1:36 pm

Programs: A few
Arrow Le Meridien Rimini Italy [Master Thread]

Stay: May 12 - May 13, 2007

Room: Sea View w/ Balcony

Upgrades: Room (from Classic Room w/ City View), Late Checkout

Comments: We simply did an overnight here in transit between the airport in Pisa (from our jaunt to Malta) and Malcesine (Lago di Garda) but were still given an upgraded room upon our request before arrival. The hotel was pleasant and very beachy, the tilework and decorations were very oceanic. The price for our room could not be beat (85 Euros) and even included the breakfast buffet, which was good for what it offered. A large enough spread and the hotel was not extremely busy, that it was a nice relaxing experience for us.

The beach in Rimini is great, SO much sand. And the water is warm like the Gulf of Mexico. Our balcony and subsequent view made it pleasant to just sit in the room and relax with the breeze. The shower was a little odd, it was either scalding hot, or ice cold, and it was like this for a couple of different showers at different times of the day. At least the bathroom had Hermes toiletries! For the price, you really can't beat the LM and what it offers.

Cheers,

Adrian
Old Aug 14, 2007, 7:23 pm

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
My wife and I were just there three weeks a go for two nights and really enjoyed it. It was a great break between Venice and Florence and we enjoyed a day on the beach. I definitely echo the comments on the beach. It is the widest sand beach either of us had ever seen.

Our room was on the top floor and had a great view and very large balcony. Staff at the front desk were helpful. Only negative was the driving directions on the hotel website - these need improving.

If you are going to Italy and want to go somewhere most North Americans have never heard of check it out! It seems popular with Europeans.

Originally Posted by AdrianVanzulli
Stay: May 12 - May 13, 2007

Comments: We simply did an overnight here in transit between the airport in Pisa (from our jaunt to Malta) and Malcesine (Lago di Garda) but were still given an upgraded room upon our request before arrival. The hotel was pleasant and very beachy, the tilework and decorations were very oceanic. The price for our room could not be beat (85 Euros) and even included the breakfast buffet, which was good for what it offered. A large enough spread and the hotel was not extremely busy, that it was a nice relaxing experience for us.

The beach in Rimini is great, SO much sand. And the water is warm like the Gulf of Mexico. Our balcony and subsequent view made it pleasant to just sit in the room and relax with the breeze. The shower was a little odd, it was either scalding hot, or ice cold, and it was like this for a couple of different showers at different times of the day. At least the bathroom had Hermes toiletries! For the price, you really can't beat the LM and what it offers.

Cheers,

Adrian
Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Question

Originally Posted by jnswinnipeg
My wife and I were just there three weeks a go for two nights and really enjoyed it. It was a great break between Venice and Florence and we enjoyed a day on the beach. I definitely echo the comments on the beach. It is the widest sand beach either of us had ever seen.

Our room was on the top floor and had a great view and very large balcony. Staff at the front desk were helpful. Only negative was the driving directions on the hotel website - these need improving.

If you are going to Italy and want to go somewhere most North Americans have never heard of check it out! It seems popular with Europeans.
Thanks for your reports. We are planning to stay at this property for two nights in early October, and it appears that the hotel is already sold out for the nights we will be there. Is there a specific room you would recommend? As a Platinum, Starwood has spoiled us, and so we will be expecting a suite.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Thanks Adrian. Where was the beach in relation to the hotel? Was it a private beach attached to the hotel? If not, did you have to walk/drive there?

Originally Posted by AdrianVanzulli
The beach in Rimini is great, SO much sand. And the water is warm like the Gulf of Mexico.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:59 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
Thanks Adrian. Where was the beach in relation to the hotel? Was it a private beach attached to the hotel? If not, did you have to walk/drive there?
The beaches in Rimini have sections with buildings and cabanas all set up, then a bunch of free space like a typical beach. The LM's private part is directly across the street from the hotel, closer to the street than the water (remember, the beach in Rimini is a good few hundred feet of sand deep at any point). The free parts more than always seemed to be near the water.

My wife and I just walked across the street through everything and went to the water. There were nice paved sidewalks leading pretty far into the sand and into the free areas, so you can just walk right by the private areas if you wish to.

Cheers,

Adrian
Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:20 am

thanks

I'm super glad that you liked my city!:-) Le Meridien is by far the best hotel we have here...
If you need some help about a trip to Rimini let me know..i would be more than happy to help....
Old Aug 21, 2007, 4:56 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
Originally Posted by Luca T.
I'm super glad that you liked my city!:-) Le Meridien is by far the best hotel we have here...
If you need some help about a trip to Rimini let me know..i would be more than happy to help....
Well I have an uncle and cousins from Bologna that go there for more then the beach I think LOL I here the club,disco scene in the summer is soimething to see? I hope to make it there some time maybe even if it is off season on one of my trips to Bologna.

Ciao
Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:21 pm

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
We were on the top floor which was marked as an SPG Floor and a had a nice room with a good size balcony. I don't think this hotel has more than a few Junior Suites and from what I could tell the Junior Suites face the city, not the beach (I could be mistaken).

Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
Thanks for your reports. We are planning to stay at this property for two nights in early October, and it appears that the hotel is already sold out for the nights we will be there. Is there a specific room you would recommend? As a Platinum, Starwood has spoiled us, and so we will be expecting a suite.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by PETEFLYS
Well I have an uncle and cousins from Bologna that go there for more then the beach I think LOL I here the club,disco scene in the summer is soimething to see? I hope to make it there some time maybe even if it is off season on one of my trips to Bologna.

Ciao
Well, Rimini is considered the Ibiza of Italy...if you know what I mean..it's the place with the best clubs and bars in Italy...of course the 3/4 months in summer are the busiest one (with people from all over Europe)...but still enjoyable all year...
Old Aug 22, 2007, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Life_Platinum

At the beginning of October the are a couple of big exhibitions both in Rimini and in Bologna and it's very possible that the hotel is sold out...but it's limited to that specific dates...usually October is not a busy period...
As far as i remember about the rooms (I was visiting guests and friends at the hotel a couple of times) 95% of the rooms have sea view...the junior suites on the top floor are not that much more different from standard rooms, just a bit larger and with jacuzzi instead of normal bath...
Old Oct 7, 2007, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Are the king or queen beds = 2 beds pushed together and thus separable?

2 queen bed rooms are twice the price of above!

thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
I was planning to stop in Rimini for an overnighter coming from Bari to Padova however for next May even using my SET and/or AARP, can't find anything under E157. what magic did you use to get E85?[QUOTE=AdrianVanzulli;8230551]Stay: May 12 - May 13, 2007

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.