Any recs on London Fish & Chips....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2007, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond

That are made "American style" -- translation without skin? I've seen some suggestions outside of London, but I'm looking for London specific recommendations.

I'm not trying to be one of those loud America is better types, but I do have a tendancy toward cleaned fish, not eating bones and gills.

Please help me so I don't starve to death in London.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 3:26 am

No gills, and only the most occasional bone in any fish and chips I've ever had in London. Usually, the fish will have its skin on one side of the fillet only. Many people choose to leave it (merely make sure the skin is on the underneath, and it helps hold the fish together as you eat it). That said, you may well be able to persuade them to cook it without this one side of skin on. As to recommendations, search the forum. There are a number of threads.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 10:53 am
Suspended

Go to www.thisislondon.co.uk and the restaurant section where the search engine will put you on to any number of fish restaurants.
If it's takeaway fish and chips you want all places( or should that be plaices ) serve a fillet of fish with no gills or bones.
We also don't have pea-soupers any more !
Old Aug 23, 2007, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wingnut
No gills, and only the most occasional bone in any fish and chips I've ever had in London. Usually, the fish will have its skin on one side of the fillet only. Many people choose to leave it (merely make sure the skin is on the underneath, and it helps hold the fish together as you eat it). That said, you may well be able to persuade them to cook it without this one side of skin on. As to recommendations, search the forum. There are a number of threads.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.